Those who stay will win ballgames! - Michigan Wolverines

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by rdtii, Sep 29, 2010.

1. rdtii

rdtii Walk On

Those who stay will win ballgames! - Michigan Wolverines

Michigan - 33
    Wisconsin - 22

Michigan's week 12 matchup against in conference foe Wisconsin was a long, drawn out affair. The game was stopped on two different occasions because of inclement weather (connection to opponent has been lost), thus the wolverines had to test their endurance by playing a full 8 quarters of football.

Coach Rodriguez was happy to pull out the win, due mostly to turnovers by Wisconsin in the passing game. He also noted in the post-game press conference that he may have made an error in naming Robinson as the starter a couple weeks back.

"Well now, I have to say that Forcier really surprised me with his performance today. I mean he was gritty, tough, accurate. He made his reads and hit the checkdowns when he needed to. You know they say a guy can't lose his job to injury, but this may just be the exception that proves the rule."

Michigan is looking to take their momentum into next week where they play Ohio St for the Big 10 title. Both teams control their own destiny and their is a Rose Bowl on the line!

2. rdtii

rdtii Walk On

Had a 5 paragraph writeup but the server screwed me over so here's the skinny:

Michigan - 27
    Ohio State - 24

Player of the game: Vincent Smith
    Difference in the game: Ohio State's 3 4th quarter interceptions.

Michigan wins the Big 10 for the first time since 2004!

3. rdtii

rdtii Walk On

Michigan - 18
    Texas - 26

Texas must have amazing coverage corners because my receivers couldn't get open all game, I had no time in the pocket and managed to drop 7 interceptions. That was the difference in the game.

4. rdtii

rdtii Walk On

Michigan - 35
    Wisconsin - 3

In what turned out to be an exceptionally sloppy Big 10 matchup the two teams somehow managed to lose 9 fumbles. Neither team could convert on third down but Michigan was able to come up with big plays and Wisconsin dropped 5 or 6 catches for third down conversions.

Vlad Emelian led the team in tackles and also garnered a pick six and forced fumble to put on his stat sheet.