Thought - elected officials

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 3, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Thought - elected officials

I was reading a leadership book that I am going through right now and I had a thought. It's way outside of the box for Madden leagues, but what about holding our positions, even all of them, for election. Every season we could do this. Half one season and half the next, that way we don't have complete turnover. I am even willing to put my position up. Something like, Commish, Conflict resolution manager, Cap Book Rep, Head of Trade Review, Media one year and the next Co-Commish, AFC Rep, NFC Rep, Head of FA's, Cap Book/FA Ast.

Just a thought, maybe a bad one, but just a thought.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I know I'm not supposed to be participating in these discussions. Sorry I saw it and had to comment.

I think for some spots it's a good idea, but I think for commish and co-commish it isn't a very good idea. I'm all for getting new blood in and allowing them a chance to show what they can do in a leadership position, but I would limit it to just the "lower tier leadership" positions: cap guy, assistant cap guy, ombudsman, and MAYBE the AFC/NFC presidents, but that is a big if too. If those guys want to step down then fine, do elections, but not until then.

Just my 2 cents.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I dont think it would work here Nate.

How many threads have you started in the last year almost begging for help. IMO, we have the best leadership that our current roster of OMFL owners has to offer.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think the commish spot should be concrete. The Co-Commish spot should be selected by the commish. As for all the other spots I like the idea that the commish and co-commish can pick candidates for the vote, that way they have control of who the choices are but at the same time members of the league are more engaged in choosing their leaders.

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Do you really want a revolving door in leadership for OMFL outside of you and the co commish Nate?

I dont know if it would work.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Again, it was just an idea. I guess your right, we have to beg for positions. The only reason I was giving it a thought was because of people saying that I am a 'certain' way and all we have is 'yes' men around here blah blah blah.

We can crumble it up and chunk it in the 'bad idea' bin. ;)

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I think its something we can maybe build off of.

We can talk more on AIM.

8. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

People are always going to have something to say about what leadership is doing. Im not against the idea but for one I see it being hard to get everyone to actually cast votes and if it aint broke don't fix it.