Thoughts about Labor Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Aug 28, 2011.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I for one will be out of town, like I posted below, but what about everyone else?

Is it too "non premiere" to recommend a weekend off? Obviously, I'm a little biased in this suggestion with the Michigan/Michigan State game around the corner...

Archie Griffin

What do you think?

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I don't mind. We have plenty of time to play this game

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm guessing that this won't be an issue. We should advance tonight, Wednesday, saturday, monday. Something like that.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm leaving Sunday morning for Kalahari waterpark and won't be back until Monday night late.

5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

In the Dells?

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

Sandusky, Ohio.

7. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Ahhh...
    Enjoy...

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

Yeah it's a fun time. I usually walk around in the water with my glasses on so I can check out all the hot moms. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Well played my friend

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

LOL, good call there Goose just make sure you tape your boner to your leg, it might not look good in your speedos. [​IMG]

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Also I will be pretty busy that weekend. game friday night against our inter-county rivals, tape breakdown and my fantasy football draft Saturday night, then a trip to the beach with the wife and kid sunday. I could make my games happen, but would be cool with a hiatus.

Of course Ego will have a fucking stroke if we don't play, so who knows what we will do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That picture is simply hilarious.

And yes, Ego will surely have a fucking stroke. :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

You were at the fair for two days and now you're going to the water park? What can of extended childhood do you live in? ;-)

[​IMG]

"Waaahhhh, Ego wants me to post in the scheduling thread, play my game, AND post on the boards! Waaaah!"

Haha, it's all good, man. I'm planning on hitting up NY for the weekend and then have my fantasy football draft to attend. If the league wants to slow down for this period of time, it's all good with me.

14. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Ego, some of us do things in real life ya know, we all don't live in front of our tvs in our parent's basement eating cheetos and wearing adult diapers so we dont have to get up to shit. But I still love you as much as I can love some random dude I met on an internet message board...uh...that is pretty creepy sounding.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Cheetos and adult diapers = most of my weekends (y)

16. egofailure

The creepy love is mutual. And I agree, people have lives, which is a good thing. But if you can't post on the board 5 minutes per day, post in a scheduling thread, and play your game within 3 days, joining an internet preimer league filled with members who can probably isn't a good idea. Hell, DC Online is a viable option, just ask Archie. ;-)

BigSmooth's communication is second to none, and it's appreciated. It makes for planning this league slow-downs really easy ...

I hope everyone has a nice, long weekend.

17. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Well in my defense I did tell you guys my life would be hectic in the fall and was thinking of not joining. I was told it wouldnt be an issue so I joined. I'm doing my best to play on time but there are some days I just can't post at all. I'm sorry if this shits on your brownies but that is the way it is for me right now. Come december I will have alot more time to contribute a lot more, but for now I'm keeping up with my games and making due.

18. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Not much to work with there lol

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

And it is not an issue. We talked about this long ago - Easy took a new head coaching job and throws all his time into it. He thought about not joining us this year, and I talked him into it, because, honestly, half an easy is better than a lot of guys. last year, we had a similar situation with Tom (TD351). His job ramped up, and he had to travel a lot. It led to some sims and whatnot, but no one ever complained, because Tom was just such a good dude. This is how I feel about easy's situation, at least for the Fall. Now, I know he's not the only coach here, but the fact is that we discussed it, and no one has done any less than what they promised promised well before things kicked off.

My real concern is with a few guys who have nearly vanished lately, but have said nothing. Activity's been dropping like a shit from heaven, and it's getting noticed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. egofailure

Ding, ding.

As I mentioned before, I like to "rush" people in jest, but I don't mind waiting. My responses in this thread were not about you.

I just don't particularly like waiting for people who don't post on the boards or post in the scheduling thread.