Thoughts Before Season 4 Kickoff

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 27, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

MNoffke
    Oshiomogho
    fuzzyl0gic
    CoachRedd
    BakerWildcat7
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    MurkYa21

We've got 3 seasons in the books since we began Legendary Veteran's Pac-12 OD back around Thanksgiving time. Our teams are really starting to become our own with three recruiting classses that we've personally worked for to get on campus. Congrats to UCLA and Coach -Cougars- for their dominance, but it looks like many teams have the firepower to really start posing some problems. Will this be the season somebody else finally brings home all the marbles?

Content-wise I think our speed hurt us, so I will began slowing down advances if we as a league aren't able to keep up with team previews, game summaries, creating our own discussion, etc. I think everyone can really do a much better job in this department, and I would like to see improvement here (including myself).

Looking forward to this season, should be another epic chapter! :D

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I think a 48 hour advance would allow more time for content, but I get impatient sometimes as well!

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

my biggest thought was "Why is my #1 recruit, my 85 OVR freshman kicker who i promised freshman AA team transferring?!" he wont go on my depth chart

from what I can tell a QB transfered into my school and since i didnt do that part of the offseason, i couldnt decline so I ended up cutting him later instead. so the QBs transfer status went to my K who is transferring IN to Utah... from high school? If it doesnt let him play ill be pissed. my punter only has liek a 70 something KP i think and i had no other kickers

I say it will cost me like 50 points this year and probably in big time user game moments if I dont have a kicker. i like to think about it as he is being suspended for PED because no one thinks a freshman should be that good

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well my team decreased in talent on the defensive side of the ball. Well nevermind, my team in general has decreased in talent so I don't think we will make it to the Pac-12 title this season.

5. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

South side really needs to step it up! Philstyle3005 did a helluva job making it into the Top 25. Utah is close I believe as well, but they need to prove it on the field against UCLA.

6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

My thoughts are:

1. We need to get better recruits. The recruits that came in last season, all of them will redshirt because they're no where near ready to play, and probably won't be able to until their redshirt Jrs. Going to be hard to out recruit a lot of teams so I'll mostly be going for the "diamond in the rough" type players and hope to get a few in. I'm going to be using a different strategy of recruiting with a lower tier team and I'm looking forward to seeing how it works.

2. Changing the offense. Used the prostyle last season and struggled almost every offensive possession I had. It was my defense that won/kept me in the games I was in, not my offense. My QB is coming back after a 9 td, 14 INT season so it could easily backfire on me, but I don't have much of a choice. I'm a lot better using the spread than I am the pro style, I guess because that's what I'm familiar with.

3. I understand wanting more content, but we advance so quick most of the time, it's tough to really look over everything and make a post about it. But I enjoy the advances being so quick, so it's tough to say what would be better. I'll do a better job of getting some content put up this season though regardless of what we do .

7. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I'm thinking I may have the best oline in the Pac-12!

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I have what should be my starting TE playing center this year. i think that means i have the fastest Oline in the P12

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Cheese

10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

OL: No restrictions :cool:

watching him in action was actually amazing in week 1. he gets to the 2nd and 3rd level so quick and its easy to read his blocks. I think i'm on to something. he's still way better then any other center on my roster at 83 OVR and a good blocker.