Thoughts on my first game.

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JOEDESIGNS, Jul 14, 2009.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Thoughts on my first game.

The overall game is great. The play is smooth and nearly flawless. I played Ohio State at FSU against an online opponent and won 27-17. The option was tried by both of us and worked against neither. Seems like if you user plays as the middle linebacker it really adds to the difficulty of the offense. The only flaw was the pitch after the QB is down. Other than that, the pocket protection worked and once I went aggressive on defense my guys were able to get to the QB. Overall I'd give it an A- for rating. So when do we start??!!

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'd give it a B+ with the rosters being completely fucked and the camera angles at times are rediculous..

one thing I noticed that I hate, is if I call a WR Option Pass...the camera angle goes overhead...then if I decide to cross the line of scrimage the camera angle stays the same (overhead, as if it is from an airplane) and I have to try and play like that. I wonder if it is the same camera for the other guy.

3. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Man, Im suppose to pick up my copy today. I forgot my trade in games. Have to leave work and go back home to pick them up. Probably wont get much for 09

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I sold '09 in my yardsale for $5 LOL.

5. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Giving mine to my brother.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol elaborate on the yardsale sell...

was it a little kid..or what? lol

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I don't know who it was, I was inside playing '10.:)

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Excited to get 10, and cannot wait for some good named rosters to come out. Also can't wait until we hammer out our difficulty (should be Heisman) and the sliders that go with it. Gonna be fun!

9. I go get mine in 30 min.

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

You guys suck..:mad:

I may have to go home with a sudden case of Anal Gluacoma

11. Do eeeet!!!!

12. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Anal Glaucoma...hmmmm.

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Just picked mine up and I took the rest of this week off. I'm perty excited!

14. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Yep....Wont see my ass at work

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Very nice, I like how you set that one up. Anal Glaucoma.:D

16. jello1717

I just played my first game (after naming everyone on Michigan's roster first, of course). Michigan (me) vs. Miami (CPU) on All American with only 5 minute quarters. Final score, Miami 30 - Michigan 17.

1. I need to find out how to stop the damned pass rush! I stayed in the pocket except for option plays (which don't count as sacks if my QB is tackled in the backfield) and I was sacked 7 times! On All American! With only 5 minute quarters! It was pretty brutal. I think my biggest problem was that my receivers had a hell of a time getting away from the DBs. The DBs would lock up my guys (all of them) for a long time. By the time they got free, Forcier was eating a defensive lineman's facemask.

2. I played the entire game with aggressive stripping of the ball. I forced 0 fumbles, but was called for 4 15 yd facemasks (and all of them were on 3rd down when I stopped them to force a 4th down).

3. I like the camera angle on the game better than the demo. In the demo I couldn't see any of the flats so if I were passing it to someone there, I just had to roll the dice and hope he was open. In the game, I can see the flats better.

4. I'm going to be at a big disadvantage since I call my plays by play type instead of formation. When you call them by formation, you have all of your setup plays right next to each other. With calling by play type, the setup plays are in completely separate menus (ie. inside handoff and play action pass) so it's very difficult to set up plays.

Overall, I'm really, really liking what I see.

17. jello1717

How are you fleXbox One guys doing? I just played against GT(CPU) on AA and they couldn't do shit. While they did end the game with 74 total yards, they didn't even get their first 1st down until 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.

18. jello1717

I've decided to give Denard Robinson (80 OVR fr QB with 88 spd) a chance to play a few games over Forcier (83 OVR fr QB with 85 spd) and all I can say is:
    Hoe!
    Lee!
    Crap!

This guy makes me really fear Pryor. In one of his two games, he rushed for 120 yards. Granted he threw a pick six and fumbled another that led to a TD drive, but still! Forcier's going to have to prove himself to me and he, by no means, has already won the starting job.

EDIT:
    And I couldn't possibly express just how excited I am to start this season. I'm getting really jacked playing these games. I just finished my first online game against some random dude who played straight with S. Carolina. I go down 14-0 (thanx to a damned pick by Forcier) at the half. I storm back to take a 17-14 lead with < 2 minutes left in the game and hold on to win.

I'm so pumped right now!

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It depends.:)

I played Army vs WVU and got a 45 point beatdown. No offense.

I played my brother today Army vs SDSU, 27-14 250 yards O.

I played Army vs Eastern Michigan and ROLLED them on AA.

600 yard offense day, I just could not be stopped.

Next game, ROLLED up by Duke (freakin' Duke!).

Alot of it is my fault for not being more patient with the FB. You really have to pound the FB to set up the outside stuff. My impression right now is that if I get to the point where I can recruit system guys (not necessarily All-Americans) I can put up some offense.

My defense will be OK once I get some talent. I typically am a good defensive player. I have been playing as the MLB with player lock and I am getting pretty good at it. I played DT last year because I sucked and the lag against other users really screwed me up.

Shaun

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I would trade most of my team for Denard Robinson in the fleXbox One.:)

21. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Yes. After getting some ass from my wife, the Anal Glaucoma has calmed down. That being said, I drove several miles to get this game because...

-Game Stop does not accept trade in games that are not opened...LOL

- I did get it and found an excellent sale at Hollywood video...(See my post in cheap seats)

- My first game was GT(Me) vs Ohio St 5min AA

- I won 28-14. The fleXbox One worked awesome. I love the 1-2-3 punch I can offer. My QB had 25 yards passing while I racked up 297 yards on the ground..Ouch

- Second game was a rematch with Ohio St on Heisman...

- Not as good, lost 28-17. Ohioh St picked me apart in the air. Way to many on target passes. My Dwyer didnt do bad at Halfback for me..28 carries, 156 yards and a touchdown. My Qb had 34 yards rushing. FleXbox One still worked great.

- need to play online tommorow. As for now, going to get some more ass...See ya all Wed

22. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Just finished 2 games. Both 5 min qtrs and AA.

Tenn vs UF (me) - I won 14-12.

Tex A&M vs GT (me) - I lost 24-21.

Offensively, this game is awesome. The pocket actually holds long enough to go through progressions and make a throw. The vibrating controller when pressure comes is sweet too, although it will take some time to get used to. The new playbook for Florida is sick and Tebow actually plays like he would in real life instead of fumbling all the time like in `09. My first TD was a sim style fade route to Deonte. They pressed him in 1-1 and I lobbed it high and outside and once he broke free from the press, he outran the DB to the corner of the end zone and made a sick over the shoulder catch while being hit by the CB. The best part was I was on the 15 yd line so it was a real red zone fade pass, just like you see on Saturdays. Not some ridiculous lob pass. AWESOME!

The fleXbox One is awesome with GT! I may have to bring it to the Pac-10 and convert ASU to it hahaha. What's with only 1 formation set per team though? Florida only has shotgun, no I form. GT only has the fleXbox One, no wishbone, T form, or I form.

Defensively, it's impossible to get pressure on the QB still. The CPU can sit in the pocket for 8 seconds until someone breaks open and then completes the pass. Makes zone coverage obsolete. Even if I bring 6 guys, I still don't get there. Hopefully that can be fixed.

My only issue with the game is the camera. I like the angle and the zoom it provides but the bouncing around it does damn near gives me a migraine. I hope that either A) I get used to it or B) they can issue a patch to smooth it out a little.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I guess I am not on board with the "NO CPU RUSH" people. I have had a pretty good time pressuring the CPU and other users. You can't really expect to get consistent pressure with your base 4. Show me teams IRL that get pressure on every snap with 4 defenders against an even opponent and I will show you the national champs this year.:)

24. jello1717

Michigan has a few aces, a few I forms and a bunch of shotguns.

Thus far, I've become extremely worried about the amazing number of sacks my guys are getting thus far (I'm probably averaging about 6 per game). I'm going to start another thread about that.

25. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I Love the GT playbook. Almost all 100% of there run plays involve Motion and the option....No QB Sneek, No I Formation...Love it