Thoughts on New Features?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, May 8, 2012.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Assuming everyone is up to speed on what was announced yesterday, what are some of your thoughts?

IMO, it's a "better late than never" feeling. The stuff they've added this year probably should of been in the game around 2-3 years ago but hey what can ya do. At least this thing seems to finally be headed on the right track this year and the years that follow, and that's great to know.

I really like the changes to recruiting with the scouting and dynamic pitches, I think that will be a fun change from the norm. My favorite thing though is probably the changes they made to the players leaving / transferring. Forcing coaches to promise something rather than throw a useless 60 minutes of recruiting time at a guy seems to be fun. I only hope the risk/reward is properly applied.

Also, to take this a step further, how do you guys think the changes for `13 will impact the Experience?

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I haven't seen the entire ustream, but is every recruiting pitch dynamic or just certain ones?

3. dakota7

And I wonder if I can just mash the A button to skip over the in game updates?

4. dakota7

Read thru the blog, here's hoping the CPU is more competitive on the recruiting trail with these changes!

5. GoGators

Of the 14 pitches, all of them are dynamic, however I think 4 of them are a bit more static and don't change as easily (i.e. academic prestige).

6. GoGators

I sure hope so. I'm not sure how this will work in OD's anyways considering we all play our games at different times. Let's just hope this doesn't result in more game freezes. Is it just me, or does everytime they go to those first half highlights at the start of the third quarter the game lags tremendously. I think I pick a play as quickly as possible just to avoid that w/o even caring what the play is haha.

7. GoGators

Shaun made a point about this that we've discussed here. Use heisman and keep user teams in a small region so there's a lot of user team competition for the local guys. David also mentioned using heisman and setting limits has kept the crop league's CPU competitive w/o the use of crazy sliders.

8. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I like the dynamic pitches the most. It will be cool to see things change from week to week when guys are getting signed and it impacts playing time negatively but increases championship contender. And finally conference prestige is dynamic so the SEC won't be an A+ forever. I am also happy to see you can choose the pitches on each phone call.

It will be interesting to see how important scouting is and if you will be able to see any skills like 40 time or catching w/o scouting. I'm also wondering about the new Athletes. Will you see guys like Charles Woodson who are lock down CBs but can play WR too (they better do the fatigue right!). And at position changes if you put him at CB but he had WR and HB skills will those offensive skills drop off, stay the same, or increase. I would argue they should drop off unless the guy is getting touches on offense. Maybe next year they will add a practice theme where you can pick who does what drills etc to improve over the course of the season.

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Took my damn idea! Literally was gonna type some shit up but you beat me to it :mad:

I wanna start with some rule propositions just so we get an updated version of our rules. Now i don't know who will be commish if jello1717 or JCspartan2 will be the head man but which ever one it is hope you see this

1. I think we should now allow the talking to Transfers and Draft Picks but put a limit on 3rd Round+ guys. The way the made it sound, it's very easy to talk to a guy after his Junior season and promise him he'll become president of the university and not come through just to get him back.
    2. Heisman Recruiting as Gators said but i think we may have to put Recruiting Restrictions on some things (which i despise but it looks like there is no way) If we start out with some good teams we may be able to join a dude's board with greater ease.
    3. Like Gators reiterated Shaun said, we need to be tight nit and shitty teams. IMO i would LOVE to do shitty schools and actually use the Coaching Carousel. If i had a bigger say and more people behind me, I would be up an arms to get us to do MWC/WAC but I'm in the minority (and in minority, i mean the only one), so i'm taking this back to my friend OD. So the best would be ACC/SEC and make it so people cannot be Texas A&M at all (think they'll be above a 4 star but that has to be a no no because they will be on their own for recruiting). Also do a 3 Star or lower school so we are not like Alabama (as the webcast guys did and they had nearly all A's for their pitches).
    All in all I cannot wait for this game. I know Dakota said he isn't feeling the Live Look-ins but i'm stoked for it, especially if it does this with User games either already happened or games going on. That's be fucking amazing to say the least. I know i won't be mashing A through it in Computer games. For Users i'll mash A for the sake of my opponent.

10. GoGators

My understanding is you'll see recruits just like you did in `12 but they'll have a "scouting service" projected overall rating assigned to them. Then, as you scout, the letter grades that you'd see in `12 will turn to the true attributes (88 catching etc.) and as you scout more attributes from letters to actual attributes the overall rating of the guy will change to become more accurate to what it really will be. So it's also my understanding that a guy could be projected as an 82 overall initially and as you scout him he ends up more of a 72 overall, which is pretty cool. We kinda had that already in `12 where the #3 HB would be a 70 overall guy while the #15 HB would be a 78 etc.

I'm interested in your question regarding Woodson too. I'll post it up in the GCers thread and see what they say.

I agree on the ability to pick your pitches now, that makes much more sense. Also, if you didn't catch it, you can allow the recruit to pick what he wants to talk about (and they've added logic to it so he'll only pick things average or greater from his list) and if you do it that way you get a bonus on your pitch. Another pretty cool thing I think.

Also, the ability to have all 14 promises available immediately and with a risk/reward aspect should give recruiting much more depth.

11. dakota7

UofCWildcat I don't hate the in-game update concept, but after I see it a couple of times I'm not going to want to watch it any more. I usually don't watch any of the presentation stuff.....shit, I don't even listen to the game, I usually have headphones/music on while I play.

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I agree with the pregame shit. But the way they made it sound, there are multiple for each game. So hopefully it will be good to watch for about 3-4 season for me. And the in-game shit is just interesting because if it does do it with a on going user game, i don't have to look at my friends list to see it. Over joyed with that.

13. GoGators

I highly doubt you see it for user vs cpu games and I'm 99.99% sure you won't see it for user vs user games while they're occuring. Think about it, the game results for us get uploaded after the game is over, i.e. transfer failed. Therefore the game doesn't have the data from user games until they're completed.

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

That's true. And i'd like to test this out through dynasty. Say we use this dynasty: What if Wisconsin is playing a game and they get an update on say Ohio St and Nebraska, will it be the same as if you (Northwestern) hear it in your game?

15. dakota7

I hope so.

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It'd be quite the buzz kill if it's not. I'll definitely test this out with my buddies.

17. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I agree with GoGators that these features are a better late than ever situation. It seems to me we finally have a next-gen game that is giving us something more than lighting and dreads.

I like that a big week in either direction can have a big effect on recruiting. Let's be honest we are recruiting 17 & 18 year olds so they can be easily swayed by a big win.

I wish they'd give us the ability to get rid of conferences but hopefully the new CUSA & MWC merger makes it.

I like that there will be an impact on how well you deliver on your sway promises. I believe they said it will affect your Coach Prestige.

18. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Would have sold me alone.
    I got a fever...and the only prescription is more dreads :p