Thoughts On No Huddle?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Jul 14, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Apr 12, 2010
    Thoughts On No Huddle?

One "issue" that will probably need to be addressed via rule at some point is the new No Huddle system.

My current thought process is, against the CPU its anything goes. I mean how could I police it in any event.

However, do we want to place some sort of rule on when/how the No Huddle can be used on offense in our Head-To-Head matchups?

In the few games I have played so far I've used it as a 2 min kind of offense at the end of the half/game and I've pretty much be able to drive right down the field with ease against my opponents every time I have gone with the no huddle.

I'm not entirely sure how I want to address the issue yet personally. Just sort of thinking about possible workable rules the following would be POTENTIAL rules:

- No huddle can ONLY be used: (1) 2 minutes or less in a half/game and/or (2) you are trailing by X (# TBD) points at a certain point in the game (TBD 3rd quarter would prob have a diff amont than 4th quarter)

- No huddle can be used at ANY time. However, you must wait until the play clock reads X (time TBD) before snapping the ball.

- No huddle can be used at ANY time unless the clock has stopped. (i.e. incomplete pass) No need to wait before snapping.

- NO RULE anything goes in terms of no nuddle.
  2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Sep 24, 2009
    Haven't tested it much but so far it seems like when you put your tempo gameplan to aggressive your guys really flame out quick. Personally, I think you should have to do this if no huddle is your offense.

But, that's an early impression.
  3. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

Apr 20, 2010
    I think no-huddle should only be used in two-minute drill situations or when trailing in the fourth quarter. And not trailing by one score in the fourth quarter either, trailing by multiple scores where you really need to conserve clock. It just seems to me it's something that could be exploited - and that's not what this fine, fine, FINE 'nasty is all about. (y)