Thoughts on Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Thoughts on Recruiting

It is really hard to tell how thing well pan out with 12 users recruiting. All I know now is I can pretty much say that recruiting is much harder.

This is what I am thinking for year 1:

-Hiesman Recruiting Slider

-4 five star limit

-No Limit on 4 stars

-You have to keep your roster at 70 or under

If we get through season one and even the USC's and Florida's cannot compete then we will look at bumping the recruiting slider down. On the other hand if we all get 4 five stars that means we will totally be draining the five star pool, and will have to bring back the hard restrictions. But..I am guessing this will work out great and keep the computer competitive while dropping the restrictions we all hate to see. Feel free to add any thoughts.

Sidenote: All indications say FK's Rosters and the OS rosters will be completed by tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest. These will be reviewed and if they are close enough to decent we will get this thing rolling no later than friday, hopefully sooner!

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have not done much with the dynasty and recruiting but it seems from the forums that AA is very challenging so could we start with that and then look to bump it up after a season or two if we begin to crush the CPU?

3. Hova

The problem is if we crush the CPU the first 2 years it will skew the rosters for years. We could combat this with the restrictions though and then drop those if we are not getting close to them. I will keep reading up on it. We do not have much data on 12 guys recruiting at once throughout a season

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Even with Penn State I was only able to land 1 5-star recruit in a 3 team online dynasty with All-American recruiting sliders. My class finished 16th in country with 1 5-star, 7 or 8 4-star and some 3-star players. Granted I was experimenting with a few things but I still missed out most of the big guys I was after.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sounds good to me. I don't think we should have bonus recruits anymore either, if that hasn't already been brought up.

6. Hova

No bonus. Everything is free game but we will have the 4 five star limit season one.