Thoughts on Release?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Jul 12, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Well, what do all you late-night nerds with your 6-packs of mountain dew think of the latest installment of NCAA 12? I havent gotten my hands on it yet, but I'm curious to know what everyone thinks of it so far.

2. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Seen a couple issues with "freezing" on the 360. Both online and offline, anyone had any issues with this yet?

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I see it every year until I install the game. Have you installed it?

4. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

havent gotten mine yet, will today. But I def will install it first

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

It will be in my hands today and i'll be on playing around 1pm

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Just got it and played 1 game. I played as MSU against Wisconsin. It was a lot of fun, really loved the emotion the players show on the field this year and the drum cadences in the background. I barely won against Wisconsin on AA 23-21 on a late FG. James White and the Wisconsin Oline were nasty, but Wisconsin couldn't handle BJ Cunningham and Kirk Cousins. So far so good.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Two things I don't like,

I was playing with Eastern Michigan in my CC against UofM. I knew they would beat me and sure enough I was receiving a smackdown. My issue is, when down 7-35 with 2 minutes left in the game, why are the starters for Michigan still in the game? And why are they still throwing for touchdowns on 3rd and inches?

Seems to me like EA screwed up on that one..sometimes I wonder if their programmers actually watch football. Would any of you throw the ball on 3rd & inches up by 28? I sure wouldn't

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

God damn disrespectful CPU!

• Like Like x 1
  9. dakota7

Don't get too used to beating Wisconsin.

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Against you.......of course!!!

Just playing!

11. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

same reason users do. looks like the cpu is all out of bubble gum.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is no different than past games. The CPU has always done this. The worst (and I've had this happen a few times) is when I'm up by a ton in garbage time and the CPU still has their starters in and someone goes down for the season. I've had ND lose their starting QB (their best player) in week 2 for the season when there's no way in he'll he should've still been on the field.

13. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

wish they would have left the play slection screen the same it's kinda funky.

14. jello1717

I complained big time last year when they changed it. I'm soooooo glad that they changed it to what we have this year as I think it's infinitely better.

15. jello1717

Custom pbs are evil!!! I'm going to waste so much time perfecting mine. I've had a hell of a time keeping my total plays below my 373 limit and I haven't even been able to squeeze any under center formations in yet.

16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

INT's are happening way too much in this game. Especially in user games. Anyone who is good at user catching will have a field day.

This is the biggest issue I have with this game so far, and its pretty ridiculous.

17. dakota7

Can't we adjust that with sliders?

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

yes, but in user games your on default.

BTW there is a roster out, but it is just for online as there are TONS of guys missing on it and IMO not usable

19. jello1717

Played my first game. Beat aOSU 17-9 on short 5 minute quarters. I couldn't run from the gun for shit and wasn't too effective passing. The only TO in the game (which sealed it for me) was a bad option pitch by Pryor inside my 10 yd line on 3rd and goal. I returned it to the house to ice the game. aOSU should've won as they routinely marched down the field, but could never punch it in and had to settle for 3 FGs.

I'm clearly gonna have to figure out how to run from the gun.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Nor should Pryor have been in the game.

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

I barely adjusted the running game in terms of sliders on AA and running became quite difficult.

USER
    RB Ability - 45
    RB Block - 50

CPU
    Rush D - 55
    Tackling - 60

The CPU would routinely hit me in the backfield or tackle me after a short 2-3 yard gain. Once in a while my HB would either run 7-10 yards or bust a 20+ yard run. These seem like some solid Run game sliders and think they could be used to start off. Only thing about them that is damn near impossible is running out of shotgun, never got much luck.

22. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Jello - how are you liking the shotgun running game? It is infinitely better than last years version in my opinion, and plays that never worked last year (like counters) are actually very effective when you have the advantage along the line.

23. jello1717

Wow. The under center guy is already adjusting sliders to make it harder to run while in 2 games (with Michigan and Miss. St.) I've averaged less than 2 YPC and had a long of 6 yards.

24. jello1717

In the demo, I was able to run all over Texas with Oregon. In 2 games so far with good spread teams (Michigan/Miss. St) I've had a long of 6 yards and I'm averaging less than 2 YPC. Hopefully this is just because I've played against aOSU and FSU, but I've had guys bust through my line and smack me at the LOS or in the backfield many more times than not.

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Do you agree INTs are too much too? Last night when playing my friend, if i put a ball anywhere near a defender or it was a toss up on who could catch it between my WR and his DB the DB picked it off 100% of the time. It was ridiculous. But i know User v User won't change which is disheartening.