Thoughts on the Competition?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Dec 17, 2010.

1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Just wanted to see how you guys are doing in general vs the cpu. I barely won against ECU, Boston College, Central Michigan and Wake Forest....all of them by a fg. In all of those games I somehow managed a fumble or an int returned for a TD to save my ass in the 4th quarter, otherwise my record would be abysmal right now. Almost all of those games I think I was down by 10 points or so in the 4th lol. It sure makes my victories sweeter, but it's also causing me a whole lot of stress!:eek::bunny:(dude what's up with the bunny?)

2. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

well... i struggle against the cpu. and will continue to do so until HUM defense awareness is bump up or we use AA sliders. Same here nrg had it not been for the scripted fumbles, penalties, or INT's i probably be win less.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

As you see I'm losing too. I blame myself. IF there is a consensus on something that needs to be changed it will be.

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    The only thing I see that needs tweaking is CPU accuracy. I have had some close wins(won on hail Mary against Clemson) but I enjoy a tough CPU game. We use the same sliders in other leagues and I've taken some big time losses. Overall though we will all get better with these sliders, it teaches us to control the game and not force stupid passes, which I used to do all the time.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Qb Acc is like at 35 now I think Bob it was adjusted before the last advance but I played against Mallett so I expected him to be on point but I picked himoff 3 times. Let me know what else you are seeing.

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Idk none of my games have really been a hard fought game most have been over and on cruise control. Vandy i destroyed this week. They scored their only td late

7. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Good defenses are good, great defenses are great, and shitty defenses get blown up. I have Iowa (season 2) and Baylor (season 4) playing on these exact same sliders and both of those defenses are phenomenal. My NCSU defense has a pretty poor D-Line and a very young secondary, and it shows. I am fine with that. Yeah, true freshman QB from BC carved me up, but I had him stopped a few times and just bad play calls by me gave up third and longs. Without giving those up, I would have won.

Mike

8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Yeah, my defense even though it gets carved at times, helps. I would say the only thing is the QB accuracy. You are going to have a tough time because you aren't used to playing on these sliders. These sliders came from a small OD ran by @Emmdotfrisk , Ricky Bobby and myself.

I was using KState and had a very hard time the first few games. It was frustrating. You have to find what your team is good at and execute it. The reason I like these sliders is because you actually pay for your mistakes. You make a bad throw on AA and you can get away with it. Not on these. That is the thing I see, people aren't comfortable with not being able to manhandle these sliders. Run the ball. Don't turn it over and you have a better chance at winning. Like IRL. Kick the field goal. Play it safe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Check your defense, do they have good ratings? Are they good at what they're supposed to be good at? Same goes with offense. If you have a bad offensive line, you aren't going to be able to run the ball. YOU CAN'T SLEEPWALK THROUGH THESE CPU GAMES LIKE ON AA!

That being said, there are some changes or tweaks that could be made to make it perfect. I think right now they are good or decent sliders.

Sorry to rant but I just have heard the same story with the other leagues I am in.

9. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Yeah I agree, some of my passes deserved to be picked off. I noticed that I am getting better at controlling the clock, especially when it gets near crunch time. It's a trend throughout all my leagues in that I dont' seem to be rolling on offense or defense until I am up cornered and it's do or die lol. Most of the time it's too little too late, but I've been skating by with VTech's clutch defense so far.

10. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Real life record at this point for Tennessee: 2-4.
    Socom record: 2-4

Real life loss to Florida 31-17
    Socom loss to Florida 30-20

Real life win vs UAB 32-29 (2OT)
    Socom win vs UAB 24-17 (I think)

Rest of the games were different teams or user games. For me, the results have been spot on. Gameplay isn't perfect, but you do have to play smart, no turnovers football. If I make it 6-6 and reach a bowl as Tenn did IRL, It will be extremely rewarding.

11. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I personally love these sliders. Other than my game this week against Kentucky every CPU game brought with it a different challenge and I had to play "smart" football in some of those games in order to get the W. You can't sleepwalk through a CPU game which is what CA brought up and that has been a very good thing, as I have had to go outside of my comfort zone and call different plays on offense/defense than I usually do just to get that key 1st down or stop. I personally love the sliders, and have yet to come across something I think needs major tweaking. When the CPU QB starts carving me up I start sending different blitzes, one down the ROLB, the next the LOLB, hell even the SS trying to not give the QB all day to make the throw. Anyways, thats just how I see it but if the majority wants a change then I'd be fine with that as well, hopefully nothing too major though.

12. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

i love the sliders too, the only problem is that i cant distinguish teams when playing the AI, i mean look at my games vs UF and MTU, it was almost like i was playing UF twice in a row! lol, mid tenn sucks ass on this game theres no way they should come down in the bayou and play steller football like that, thats one problem that u cant fix with sliders tho, other than that, im happy, now that i've gotten used to them *cough* @controllerabuser *cough* WVU *cough cough* lmao

13. controllerabuser

LOL

I hear you man. Sometimes you can't explain the AI. They just happen. About the game with MTSU though, did you come out expecting to thrash them? Maybe you got a little overconfident and called plays that you shouldn't or gambled too much. I don't know man, I know what you're saying though.

14. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

i never come out with that mentallity, ever, wont be able to enjoy the game as a whole. my thing is is that its so obvious that is how the ai has these advantages over the hum, ie, speed burst angles, block shedding, tackling, pass blocking, pass rush, break tackling, route running, coverage, knowing ur play calls on both offense and defense. dont get me wrong, im cool with all of those things but its just wayyyyy over done this year, this years game was programmed for hum v hum interactions only imo

15. controllerabuser

I understand what you're saying. I don't know, I just think sometimes you have to go with what you got. They gave us this product and no matter what there is going to be something wrong with it.

I'm not a huge slider tester. I don't like to sit down and test sliders and all that but when I come across them and they are decent I'll try them. The sliders we started this year with were a little bad but they needed tweaks and we tweaked them. Could their be more tweaks? Definitely. I think we all should want a challenge but also at the same time have it realistic, right?

Not saying anybody in this dynasty but you get guys who crush the CPU. They don't do it against humans but they sure are "great" against the computer. In my honest opinion, I think they do things they normally wouldn't do to humans. Have to, otherwise they'd crush humans. This is kind of getting away from what your post said.

Thing is, we have a lot of user games with only 2 conferences. I'd like to see us have the CPU be competitive. Not over baring but at least give us good games.

Those are just my rants/opinions, nothing personal ford, nothing to do with you. ;)

16. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The 2 games I played before placing myself on auto, I liked the sliders. Sure game 2 there were a few WTF moments but I liked them.

17. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I notice that, and this applies to all dynasties, that I tend to call my plays A LOT FASTER then my opponents. I feel like I have ADD sometimes as I watch the clock just tick away before the human opponent decides on what they do. Against the CPU, as soon as I pick my plays, they are ready to go. Thus, I think guys like me who get the plays in quicker get more snaps and more chances to perhaps get a TO and get the ball back to their offense. I do wish I could be one of those guys that get to "crush the cpu" now and then tho....all these wins by a FG (against inferior competition too) is raising my blood level!

18. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

and those are great opinions, well, really facts so of course, no offense's taken, in fact, i think we should always bring our ideas/opinions to the table for discussion so we can achieve the best gameplay, period

• Like Like x 1