Thoughts on the State of the League

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Thoughts on the State of the League

While the first year isn't over yet, the end is coming, and I decided I'd give some thoughts on how things have gone so far. Here's a quick summary of what I think about things so far.

The Good:

1 - We have created a good core group of players, and everyone seems to genuinely like everyone else - most of the time.

2 - Overall, we play a pretty sim game as a group. Deviations happen here and there, but we tend to lose those guys and move on.

3 - We are, step by step, getting closer to what I want, which is a realistic challenge every week.

4 - Every first year of a dynasty is like a test run. As test runs go, I think it has been a very successful season.

The Bad:

1 - Turnover. We have turned over a lot of spots. This is OK, since it gets us to where we want to be, but it is also annoying. But, each new quality member we get is one we won't have to replace, so over time, this problem will diminish. I promise. It always does.

2 - Too much success. We now occupy the top seven spots in the polls, and eight of the top eleven spots. That's enough to play a douchebag card on the commish. Next year, we'll get separation if I have to crank things up to insane levels. Understand that good teams can win out, and they can also go 7-5. If we're not seeing both, then we need to adjust. I'm coming for you guys next season in a big way.

3 - Lack of content. I'd like to see more guys treat their teams like a journalist's gig - like you're a beat reporter covering your team. If this isn't your thing, that's fine, but we can all at least do the simple stuff, like save vids and pics for the other guys. I'd like to see this pick up a bit in year two, especially in regards to recruiting, but that's just my thing.

4 - Recruiting. We need to get better at it. It's set at All-American, and I was hoping to raise it to Heisman in the future, but we're not there yet. Your teams are going to drop in ratings, and I'm still going to turn the screws. I'm not going to create a system in which your B- team can play in the BCS. Just a word of warning a couple of seasons in advance.

Overall, I think it's a great start. We have to get better at some stuff, and some guys are going to get uppity about changes, especially when they start equaling losses, as a whole, I think we're getting where we want to go. Any thoughts on this kind of issues are welcome. I'll read'em after I kick the hell out of Michigan.