Thoughts on year 4, looking ahead to year 5...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bogey21, Nov 4, 2009.

1. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Thoughts on year 4, looking ahead to year 5...

Good year fellas, a few thoughts...

Did anyone see how many pass attempts the QB from Texas Tech had, 628! Over a 13 games season that averages out to 49 a game, he was also the leading rusher with 192 carries, thats 810 touches, 63+ a game! Shit like that just makes me laugh.

Maybe I just suck at it, but are you guys using Aggressive D against the Computer or something? I got 3 Forced fumbles this season, horrible I know, but over half the league is at like 7 or under, and then at the other end of that you have Va Tech who had 17. I know I'm jamming that button pretty much anytime I can, and nothing. When I played Mutt he did a great job of stripping me and I know he was not using Agg. play calling, so I guess there is a trick that i just have not figured out yet.

Again good season, the Ducks are ready for a big year.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We've banned aggressive gameplan here in The Deuce. Nobody better be using it against the cpu...

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Drifter, you bring up a good point, about gameplans.

I don't use any of them, against USERs or CPU. Also, the presnap matters I don't use like agressive blocking, highlighting a player, and honestly I don't know what else there is. My question is, Is that the rule? The only thing I move pre snap is sometimes spreading out my DL or LB. That is with the R1 or L1 button, beyond that, I don't anything defensively pre snap, and offensively I may flip the running play or put a man in motion, but nothing else. I havent even investigated what any of the other buttons or options do pre snap, but I don't see a rule on it. Just want to get some clarity.

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    All that stuff is fine, I was more talking about the gameplan keys that you can set to aggressive or conservative.

Also, run commit, pass commit, etc is all not allowed.

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Just so there is no misunderstanding though, all gameplans have to be set to normal?

As for presnap stuff what is allowed. I don't know what options there are for pre-snap options so I honestly don't know what is available, but I just wanted to make sure there was no reason for me to investigate.

Thanks

I think Im going to run home for lunch and see the new recruits. A stud TE would be great, or a stud DE.

6. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Yeah I don't use and of that junk either, and any user game I have played I have not encountered it either. I was not calling Sanders out, just for the life of me I cant force fumbles and was wondering if that was something I was doing wrong.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Our current rule is that all gameplan has to be set to normal. For user and CPU games.

To my knowledge, everything you can do pre-snap is okay, but I haven't messed with it too much.

8. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

the only thing i usually do presnap is change player assignments.... i might switch someone from man to zone or zone to blitz depending on what i think someone is doing in certain situations.... but i dont do any of the commit stuff, i think its lame......

anyways thoughts on year 4..... got away from what we do best, paid for it dearly in some key games, ther eis an old saying if it aint broke dont fix it.... so Virginia is going back to the air it out team they used to be... like i said QB Metheny really reminds me of Verica with his accuracy, somehow Rodney Scott decided to come back, so i have a good group of backs ready to play, he will split time with Grant and my redshirt Frosh Duckett who i am hoping has some power with his 215 pound frame... at WR, Hamby returns for his Senior season... Nicholson is ready as a sophomore (we hope) at tight End Hester and Chris Thomas shouuld really make out two tight end sets explosive again, which is something we definitely lost with the early dpeartures of Colter Philips after our title run... Our Offensive line all returns and they consist of 4 juniors and a sophomore... Defensively, DE Hill might more into the middle, he is rated higher than and he could really cause some havoc with his size 6'4 290 and speed 83 (before progression) at linebacker, my outside backers should be awesome with Morris and James, inside we have some questions since Jackson somehow left for the PROS...as a redshirt sophmore, dude was a :2stars: recruit. (bastid) at corner we are loaded, Mackey and Bowers return... Simpson, Brown and Ervin are all starter quality..... Safety big time questions, Ford should slide to Free Safety which put redshirt freshman Washington into a starter role, definitely possible Laroy Reynolds a SR Corner with good size, 6'2 210 could end up playing free safety with Ford sliding back to strong.....

my kicker sucks, my punter is below average... sigh..

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    A&M will be changing the offense slightly. We have brought in a new passing coordinator to try and make our offense a bit more dynamic. You will still see a lot of the same pro-style sets but we it won't be so hard for us to convert on the 3rd and long situations we sometimes find ourselves in.

I have a good corps of WRs especially with the return of WR Kenric McNeal and the maturing of So Lance Banks.

10. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I do the hit stick on almost every play, I'm trying to get away from it though as I allow too many yards.