Thoughts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Mar 4, 2010.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Thoughts

I remembered that the commish has to have every player that wants to be in the league on his buddy list. That's just the way it worked last year.

Another thing- I remember that last year you had 7-8 players you could play on your schedule. However, I think we should limit the amount of people you can play in a given week. I would say you could play as many people in the "time period" but you have to have your set week finished.

2. controllerabuser

What do you guys want to do about trades & FA's? I think there should be a limit on trading and have a deadline set. Just like Fantasy Football, you don't want people trading if they aren't in contention of the playoffs just to help someone out.

I also think we should evaluate the trades people propose.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

While you were gone me and Hack talked about 4 trade minimum, but I understand u want 3 so we can do that. Also I know u want an FA limit. What do you think is fair? Also we talked about submitting trades to our approval first. The trade should be half way through the season as the trade deadline irl is July 31st.

4. controllerabuser

I think 4 is too many. 3 is just right. FA limit should be 3-4?

5. Emmdotfrisk

3-4 damn I was thinking like 10

6. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I think we need to be careful about our wording on Maximizing Free Agents.. Don't want to pin a guy to the wall if his team is plagued with injuries and he can't make necessary adjustments to improve his team like in real life...

7. controllerabuser

That is true. That is why they shouldn't go crazy and use all their FA up. Like I said, there are people who will abuse this and drop many of their lower rated players for better players on the FA list. Believe me.

8. Emmdotfrisk

They wont be able to without Cap Hits. When a Player is released that is on contract they will forfeit a percentage of their Salary. So guys could try and do it yes but it would tie their money up and they would be unable to make too many moves. Also the Free Agent Pool won't be that impressive with 40 man rosters.

9. controllerabuser

Cool, sounds good. You guys drop the # and let's roll with that.