Thoughts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Sabo, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Thoughts

Here are some proposals that I would like to introduce to you guys for this dynasty. I know im a “new guy†in your dynasty but I thought I would throw these out there to see what you all thought.

1. Game Summaries – why not do game summaries on the board ? Were here anyways. We could do something similar to Cream of the Crop and have each team have their own thread to post game summaries ie- (Y2) Alabama Crimision Tide – and post game results inside.

2. Team News Section – I think this would be a great way to show off some creativity and each team could start their own thread and post any news they wanted to share about their team, such as recruiting, depth chart, upcoming games, Etc, etc etc.

3. More User Contributed Content – If you take a look around TF a lot of dynasties thrive on User Contributed Content. This doesn’t have to be narrowed down to one thing. We could throw some ideas out such as …Weekly News, Recruiting Rundown, Stat Leaders, Game of the Week, Conference Rundowns, Power Rankings ,maybe even a radio show/podcast if the interest is there etc etc.

Like I said these are only suggestions that I think could benefit the dynasty. I feel that the activity for this dynasty is on point and some of these suggestions could only benefit the dynasty. Anyways please drop some feedback because im sure you guys got some great ideas floating around to.

Sabo

2. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I like the recruiting threads we have now. Those are nice. I think having a thread for scores each season like the experience has would be nice. Like that more then the sperate team score thread idea because I think people are more likely to be conversational in a single thread then reading eleven other threads for teams that are not them.

I will continue to do the best user players thread updated every 4 weeks ish. I'll do an under performer one too but likely just every 6-8 weeks.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

How about this -

1 - We post a "Week X News" thread at each advance. Anyone who wants to sound off about their team can do it there. We post scores, and maybe copy/paste the articles we post on the website.

2 - In the League Archive section, I post and sticky a thread for each team, each year. All threads will be titled identically. We can publish stuff there to whatever extent we like. Is your guy in the Heisman race? Got a big game in two weeks? Lose a key player for the season? This is where we post that stuff. If people aren't posting, you drop by their threads and give them shit.

I like the recruiting threads a lot, if they're kept up. There's going to be a lot of recruiting chatter next year, as we are bound to be banging heads quite a bit.

Anyone who wants to do a feature (I don't want to force these, since we all have different availability) can do so. I like the ones we have going. I'll sticky them, and we can add ton them on whatever schedule you guys think you can keep up with.

I basically want two things:

1 - Articles on the dynasty website. I like being able to use the dynasty wire to see what you guys are up to. If we want, we can just copy/paste what we post in the weekly thread, or in our team news sections.

2 - A dynasty that doesn't become a job. I want enough stuff to keep us coming here to see what's up, but not so much that we get bogged down. Sabo has a lot of great ideas. I just want to make sure we can keep up. Make no mistake - content drives everything in these leagues. I want to make sure we get the most out of the content we decide to require, if you know what I mean.

On the other hand, if we stick with the current advance schedule, a bump in content is surely required, since we will need to keep busy during that off-time, and the content we're talking about isn't much at all. If we advance every 48, all we really have time to do is play. 2 a week = we should be able to create a game day kind of atmosphere around here to keep us interested.

How about we spend the time from now until the off-season making decisions, and roll out the new hotness when the new season starts. How's that sound?

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I love a lot of these ideas, but I think it's important to find a balance. We want to be active, but not a part-time job. Arch', I think you offer some great compromises with this in mind. Let's def' use the time we have this season to discuss it as a group.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I just stuck a thread for each team in the Archive section. It's really just kind of a test thing, to see if we would use them. Until now, that section was really just a dumping ground for old threads we have been trying to get rid of. It'll still be that, but now maybe we can get some other kinds of use out of it.

Wit the new mods, we can alter these threads pretty much however we like. I just thought I'd post a uniform list for now. We can personalize them later.