Through the Looking Glass! AFC East and West Preview (Season 1)

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by kdpnutter, Mar 11, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

AFC East
    [​IMG]
    1) New England Patriots (Governedspy)
    New England comes in as the favorites to win the AFC East, with Tom Brady under center it is hard to ever pick against the Patriots. Bill Belichick leads the Patriots into the tough AFC East. Offensive line got a big upgrade with the addition of new rookie T Nate Solder and Ras-I Dowling joined Kyle Arrington and Devin McCourty in a strong defensive backfield. New England added Chad Ochocinco at WR to go along with Wes Welker and Deion Branch. Two outstanding TE's in Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski who is quickly becoming the top TE in the league.​
    Strengths: Quarterback, Offensive line, Wide Receiver, Tight End​
    Weakness: Defensive Line, Free Safety, Age of starters​
    Prediction: New England has a chance to be a top team in the AFC East, taking into account the competition of the AFC New England will finish 9-7.​
    [​IMG]
    2) New York Jets (Kasper)
    New York comes in with large expectations after appearing in back to back AFC title games, Rex Ryan leads the loud mouth Jets, which is lead defensively by "Revis Island" Darrelle Revis as well Bart Scott in the middle of a top 5 defense. Mark Sanchez leads on offense and Plaxico Burress has joined the Jets in the offseason to try and bolster up a rather pedestrian passing attack.​
    Stengths: Offensive line, Cornerback, Linebacker​
    Weakness: Quarterback, Age of starters, Salary cap implications, Safety​
    Prediction: New York comes out guarenteeing a Superbowl, unfortunately for them I don't see them even making the playoffs as the age of their starters could factor into injuries and Mark Sanchez will be too inconsistent to lead them, Jets finish 7-9.​
    [​IMG]
    3) Miami Dolphins (LSUTRUTH)
    Miami comes in with a lot more questions than answers, as the Dolphins held onto coach Sporano after a failed attempt to land Jim Harbaugh, Miami comes in with some excitement as Reggie Bush takes on the job as the halfback, and Chad Henne comes back healthy with some hope to go along with exciting wide receivers lead by Brandon Marshall. Defensively the Dolphins have a great CB in Vontae Davis and are lead up front by Karlos Dansby and Cameron Wake.​
    Strengths: Cornerback, Linebacker, Wide Receiver​
    Weakness: Safety, Tight End, Defensive line​
    Prediction: Miami is beginning to retool and the retooling will need to continue, Miami will get to see if Chad Henne is their starter of the future or if they need to look else where. Miami is a team that could surprise and be in a lot of games but I don't see them being a big factor, Dolphins finish 5-11.​
    [​IMG]
    4) Buffalo Bills (CPU)
    Nobody circles the wagons, like the Buffalo Bills, well Buffalo has been circling themselves for the last few seasons. However, number one pick Marcell Dareus is bringing some excitement and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has secured himself for the next few years as Buffalo's starter. Behing a young strong offensive line Buffalo will need to be able to run the ball to make up for a lack of start power at wide receiver besides Stevie Johnson who is inconsistent in his own right. Buffalo's defense needs some serious work, but S Jarius Byrd gives the Bills a little excitement. Shawne Merriman could play out well for Buffalo if he is ever on the field.​
    Strengths: Running back, Offensive line, Quarterback​
    Weakness: Linebacker, Cornerback, Defensive line​
    Prediction: Buffalo is the loveable losers that give you a thrill or two thru the season but are not to be expected to be any type of factor, Buffalo needs some work and isn't expected to do much, Buffalo will finish 2-14.​
    AFC West
    [​IMG]

1) San Diego Chargers
    San Diego comes in as the favorites to win the AFC West, when you have a top QB like Phillip Rivers, you are going to be listed as the favorite's going in. However, San Diego is facing some difficulties as Rivers and Gates are getting older as well as on the defensive side with Quentin Jammer and Eric Weddle both getting older along with Takeo Spikes. Coach Norv Turner and GM Smith are both on the chopping block if they don't get the job done this year.​
    Strengths: Quarterback, Tight end, Offensive line​
    Weakness: Defensive line, Linebackers, Age concerns​
    Prediction: San Diego is labeled as the favorite in the AFC West, but the future is looking difficult with age and injury concerns as well as salary cap concerns. San Diego's window appears to be closing so they need to make the most of it. Chargers will finish 11-5.[​IMG]
    2) Kansas City Chiefs (bjbdahitman)
    Kansas City has defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel and one of the best safeties in football with Eric Berry. Tamba Hali puts the pressure on the quarterback and Brandon Carr and Brandon Flowers lead the way as corner back. Offensively the biggest question mark is offensive line, as well as quarterback with Matt Cassel under center, the Chiefs have a strong run game in Jamal Charles and a top WR in Dwayne Bowe but can Cassel get the ball into the hands of his play makers? That remains to be seen.​
    Strengths: Cornerback, Safety, Running back​
    Weakness: Quarterback, Defensive line​
    Prediction: Kansas City are a team on the rise and could be in contention for the AFC West title, and if they aren't able to secure it could play a big role in the Wild Card. Chiefs will finish 10-6.​
    [​IMG]
    3) Oakland Raiders (kdpnutter)
    Silver and black attack, is under new management after the passing of Former owner Al Davis and the Raiders appear to be on a different path, having secured Carson Palmer as the starting quarterback the Raiders will need Darren McFadden to stay healthy on offense and see how a retooled offensive line can work. Oakland has some serious speed at WR in Darrius Heyward-Bay, Louis Murphy and Jacoby Ford. Oakland needs to be able to score with the best of them as there defensive backs remain a question mark.​
    Strengths: Quarterback, Running Back, Linebacker​
    Weakness: Cornerback, Offensive line​
    Prediction: Oakland is a difficult team to figure out, with Palmer they should be better but they remain a question mark as to how they will play out under new management, Oakland is predicted to be 8-8 until more can be known about them.​
    [​IMG]
    4) Denver Broncos (CPU)
    TEE-BOW TEE-BOW! Have been the chants by the crowds through out the end of last season as well as all preseason, will new VP of Football Operations John Elway give the nod to Tebow or will it be Kyle Orton again? Denver has exciting defensive end Elvis Dumervil and shut down corner, the ageless wonder Champ Bailey, as well as new exciting outside linebacker Von Miller. However, more questions remain along the offensive side with regards to weapons, and Denver's defense has more questions, who will play across from Champ Bailey? How much longer will Champ be around? Who will be the quarterback for the Broncos?​
    Strengths: Cornerback, Linebacker, Defensive End​
    Weakness: Quarterback, #2 Cornerback, Defensive tackle​
    Prediction: Denver has a new coach and new decision maker, will they have a new quarterback? Denver has too many question marks to play a real factor in the AFC West, at least this year. Denver finishes 2-14.​

2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Great F******G Job KDP

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Thanks, we just want to keep the enthusiasm up in the league and providing the content to keep people excited and I will be making a return of 3 Rounds next week, after the quick first season. I Peench and myself are going to be doing a mock draft back and forth for the end of the season (y)

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

keller dont have the bills no more?

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Nope, Keller dropped from the league.

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

yeah i just realized that...lol. sorry

7. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Dang Miami Chokes away a game to NE......... Need a QB SOOOO BAD

8. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Yeah you do

9. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Matt Moore Threw 4 INT in the first Quarter and a half. I had to take him out he was just so wild. If you have a decent back up hit me up

• Like Like x 1
  10. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

FA David Garrard?