Tide breaks through against Auburn 39-29

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Dec 29, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Tide breaks through against Auburn 39-29

In a game that tends to bring out bad blood this one ended with fans throwing more than foam fingers on the field.

Auburn roared out of the gate wasting little time putting up TD eating up chunks of yards with ease. Alabama had a tougher go of it on offense. On the first possession they were held to FG. They started with good field positon on their second drive after a pick by OLB Jeff Allen. That drive ended with a FG. Bama hit the trifecta on their next oppurtunity making it 3 FG's in a row.

The sparks flew late in the second quarter when QB Aarron McCarron found WR Kendall Kelly cutting across the field for a deep TD pass. The following kick off had Tiger Fans going crazy when HB Xavier Barnes took it back 101 yards for a TD. The Tide was stunned and set to regroup at half and get the ball. There was enough time to get close enough for another FG so coach decided to give it a shot. Auburn changed its rush and came from the outside, McCarron stepped up and moved to his right and found a streaking Kelly for a 70 yard TD. The game was knotted up heading into the half at 22-22.

Alabama would primarly stick to the ground game in the second half with HB Trent Richardson finding success in the middle and off right tackle they were able to dial up the McCarron to Kelly connection for one more 55 yard score. Auburn had more big plays up their sleeve turning small gains into big ones with nifty moves and bad tackling by Alabama.

With Auburn Down by ten in the fourth the game got testy on a 3 and 8 Alabama inadvertently ran committ. This flustered the Auburn backup QB more than anything and he threw it out of bounds trying to hit a receiver quickly to the right. Alabama offered to give Auburn a 1st down but the Tigers were not takers. Facing a 4th and 8 the Tigers looked over the middle but the pass fell incomplete. Bama was looking to run the clock out and on 1st down saw a run committ against them. On second they thought they had Auburn sucked up tight enough to hit the TE but although he looked open the FS broke to the ball and picked it off and the Tigers were back in business. Time was dwindiling down and Auburn dug deep on their bench and brought the Wetumpka Wizzard (lifting his redshirt in the process) in hopes of leading an improbable come back. They tried some options but needed to throw the ball. It lead to hurry up attack. Just before a 3rd down play with the game under 4:00 min Auburn paused and never came back....after waiting to get clairification the game was finished without another score final 39-29.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

that was a crazy, crazy game. I don't know how he knew that you accidentally crashed the line, it didn't look any different from any other passing play, your defensive line was just destroying them guys.

Big win for the Tide, setting up a rematch in the SEC championship that will be a huge game.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Whats the story with leaving and not coming back? Everything ok?

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm confused. Who is Auburn, Ramirez?

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

I saw it right away also...thats why I offered to give him a first down. My line had some of the quickest sacks I have ever seen. Just blowing through the middle instantly.

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

yes. 8888

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I've accidently used run commit before, I just went offsides to give him the first. Sucks because I probably could've stopped him anyway! damn..

Sounds like an exciting game though.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

there has to be more to this story........and why is auburn on Autopilot?

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Auburn is only on auto pilot becuase I forgot to take them off after I played our game. I'll fix that tonight. (it quit on us in the 4th qtr. with me in the lead so I had to turn it on)

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

got it.............it seems to me mike was pissed and either it discoed or he quit.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Ooh controversy and I was in the middle of watching avatar (which I liked btw)

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Hmmm...disco fine but you gotta speak up. Quitting is against every rule we have here... I doubt Mike quit, he and fosh play all the time. Josh have you heard from him?

13. jfosh

jfosh Super

I definitely dont think he quit. I think he was just mad that the game disconnected. I'm sure I'll talk to him at some point today.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah didnt think so. But from a viewer it didnt look good and why was the game paused for 2 mins......and why wouldnt he at least let u know.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    gotta be something else....

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

Don't have an answer to all that....but spoke with him today and he did not quit his connection shit on him so he was upset about that and of course losing...anyway we're ready to roll play the cpu people.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

tell him it wont hurt him to post something once a week at least....

18. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Damn! All this from that game....

1. I was pissed because I have to work hard to score. In this game I played good defense on 1st and 2nd down only to see 3 or 4 long passes to Kelly for Td's. I guess I don't see the strategy in that. (This has been the case in the last 4 or 5 games I've lost)

2. I was able to get him and the guy in the previous game in 3rd down situations all game yet they convert at an unbelievable rate. It doesn't make sense. The game play in the league is entirely different than that online.

3. Crashing the line is illegal and it happened on a crucial 3rd and 10 at his 45yard line. Why?

4. I was pissed because I have been losing my connection in recent games.

5. Why would I quit after everything I've invested in the league. It may not be through posts or continued dialogue with other players, but I think if you all knew the story you would agree.

19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Horrible 3rd Down defense....welcome to my world.........disconnects again welcome to my world.

2 of the most frustrating things about this year!

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah it can be frustrating playing with a talent deficit Mike. Lack of big plays in the passing game for you, plenty for the other guys. We're glad you don't have a greased ham, we'd be in trouble.

Guys tend to come up with some pretty good defenses that include all 11 of the guys within 20 yards of the LOS and we have no alternative but to make you pay in those situations, sometimes that's all I can do against Rusty, it seems like. His ends come wide and I can't get anybody to block them, and he has nobody deep, I step up and go deep. Gotta make him pay.

The third down conversion thing we've ALL had at one point or another, it's frustrating as shit. It's like the D just doesn't play well on third down. (n)

21. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I agree on the run commit thing. I had it done to me in a user game in almost the same situation. 3rd and short and I'd dropped back to pass and was literally tackled before I could take one step back. Shouldn't be used.....EVA!

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I forgot how to do it honestly...

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

1. The strategy is you rush 3, bring your safties up into a short zone coverage, I got all day to make that read and no saftey over the top against Kendall Kelly....Shame on you. On the long post route you were in a cover 1 man. No pressure again easy read easy TD. The third one was just the right read against the D nothing you could do you were beat in that play vs my play.

2. You might want to rethink your 3 down strategy it doesn't sound like its working.

When you play online you might have a better team than Auburn. Auburn is maturing and you might be able to get away with the D your running but until that time change a few things up.

24. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

From the guy who has not beaten me in months.....LOL!