Tiger Woods 13 Demo

Discussion in 'Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf' started by Vlad, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Word in the Woods has it is now available for xbox live
    PS3 should be up whenever Sony updates their servers sometime tonite

Go get her!!!

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

downloading now, will record and post to YouTube

3. hurricane216

hurricane216 Banned

The demo is already out? I have an EA membership and it says I can get the full game three days before the actual release. Gonna have to look at my marketplace when I get home for work.

4. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    This is just the demo dude.The game actually comes up on the 27th

5. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    and im on my way to visit you.should be there around 1

lol jk i have to work tonite

6. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I am horrible on the tempo so far.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. it's weird, it's not about how far you go back with the club.. it's really like golf.. the harder you swing the harder you hit it. Very odd feeling, but refreshing mechanic.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

again, it's about tempo with the club... I'm not a huge fan of the new meter though, but i think putting will be ok with some time spent on mastering the swing mechanic.

9. JohnnyClutch

Yeah I get overswing, slow every time.

The meter on is kind of weird and fast. But somehow I get my best tempo on the putts.

10. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    My problem will be if the putting is still too easy...

But from the responses I read it might be kind of hard at least initially so- me likes

11. JohnnyClutch

I'm confused on the swing yardage. Say I have a PW thats 150 yds. My shot is only 100 so if I set the yardage marker to 100 next to the hole do I still hit full power to get it to go the 100 yards? Seems like this is the way to goes instead of pulling back on the club to 66% power.

12. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wish the demo had a driving range or something, I've gotten overswing-slow almost every time, except randomly I'll get a perfect and I don't really feel like I'm doing anything different, lol. That and taking 4 putts to get down from 6 feet is kind of annoying...definitely a huge change from Tigers past and will take some getting used to. Cant wait to get the full game and really get to work.

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I like the swing change , but man the short game & putts are always hit too hard for me :(
    Hell my short game in real life is better than the demo so far lol

Hope it gets easier once I get the full game , otherwise it's going to be a long season

14. JohnnyClutch

I like the added diffuculty of the new swing mechanic for the fact people wont be posting -8, -10, -9, -13 as round scores. Well at least not at first anyway.

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

just slow your swing down.. slower back, slower forward

16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I thought that and tried it , but then it looked like that garbage lobby pause at top of backswing junk , I will have to try more to make it work I guess.

FWIW I love the ball striking with full swings , so much more realistic

17. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    I dunno what kind of demo you guys have played, on tour pro and higher this thing has the potential of being the EASIEST TW game in years.

My impressions of the demo

Shot setup - this is my biggest issue with the game.Everything is backwards - you don't setup with ball position,feet position and stance; instead you move the aiming marker around which in turn adjusts everything.

The easy solution to this will be a REAL TW 11 like true-aim.
    For those of you who haven't played it ,it worked this way:
    you can zoom in to your target to get distances,but that was it.There was no aiming while zoomed ,instead you have to look for markers (TV towers,trees,stuff like that).There was no feedback on how much draw/fade or loft you are putting on the ball. You had to figure out all this for yourself.This will make those who want to try to play the game,the way it is played IRL and in the same time satisfy the "point and shoot" crowd.Sadly the only thing I've seen advertised as True-aim is post shot animation (which was btw the weakest part of the system).

It gets even worse once we've setup the shot.We now know exactly how big of a swing we need to make to execute this shot even from the rough and the traps.At least last year you had to figure out how to hit certain percent shot.This year the length of it is staring at you 'saying swing to right here for 150 yards shot".
    For me this is very similar to the caddy from last year,it dumbs down the game and takes almost (at least it doesn't account for wind and elevation) any thinking out of it. I know the response I'll get is 'well you'll have to execute both backswing and tempo perfectly to get your result',but in reality how long do you guys think it will take us to get 'perfect/perfect' - my guess is 2-3 weeks max.
    Even if the swing meter is off,I'm guessing I'll be able to hit the exact shots I'd like,just as I did with meterless putting in tournament mode after 20 rounds or so.

To add all this the game is too forgiving.I've played about 60 holes on the 'expert swing' and I think I've missed 4 fairways and about 10 greens.

I am not going to comment on putting,since developers have said there is a bug in it.

So my impression is the same as last year.It feels to me almost as the developers came out with a great idea that will make the game more challenging and more simulation like. Then someone come out and said "wait this too much,let's not make it that hard and give them some help,so they pulled all kinds of breaks to stop themselves.

Overall I think it will be a great video game,but is nothing close to simulation

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

It just seems easier to you because you have a PS3 lol

19. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    I know you are joking,but this is not the case.Sadly if you go on the EA TW forums, most of the people screaming for a sim golf game for years TonyTurbo,YosemityDan etc are on 360.And they've been even more vocal in their disappointment with the demo then me

20. JohnnyClutch

I have to agree with this or he has some type of super controller. :p

21. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Don't make me come over to your house and teach you how to play on your 360! It will cost you at least a bottle of 18 year old single malt and some cubans!!!

22. buddycris75

buddycris75 Walk On

doing just fine striking the ball. but once i'm like 50 yards in i'm terrible!!! short game needs tons of work

23. JohnnyClutch

I'm glad I'm good at putting this year.

24. JohnnyClutch

putting like crap every since I posted that. just missed an 8 inch putt short.

25. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

You and me both. Not uncommon for me to 3-putt from 3 feet...good thing I got a couple weeks before the actual game comes out!