Tiger Woods 13: Official Information

Discussion in 'Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf' started by RynoAid, Jan 10, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I just finished checking this out before hopped on TSO , you guys are fast :D

Couple things .... I am an avid , and I mean avid golfer , if I didn't live in Ohio I would play every month. I play in amateur tournaments and take lessons, study swings , etc. , basically I am what a gear head is to a car only with a golf swing.

This has me stoked , but EA really needs to nail it or some serious golf nuts like myself will be turned off. If they deliver I think it will be exactly what we here at TSO want , a SIM experience while hopefully being fun too (some days I am a club thrower , don't need that in my mancave lol) .

I think this may help expand our TSO golf tour , and depending on how the country club feature plays out maybe we can have a club like he FIFA TSO FC.

Looks sweet , praying it's done well ;)

*edit* also I gotta give props to EA for some innovation or attempted innovation , as a gamer I am tired of games sticking to a formula year in and year out , thanks for trying something new

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Really great information so far. Agree with Danthraxxx about the control of the shots being a good SIM feature. The only done side form that is in the TSO Tour there could be a distinguation between those who know how and what shot shapping does and those who have no clue.

Also being able to not hold back your shot as a way of preventing cheating for more power is a great addition. Hopefully there will be more of these cheating preventers announced in the next two months.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I didn't even think of that lol , yeah that's about as un-sim as you get , I challenge anyone to take a 4iron back and stop at top of backswing and then try to hit a ball lol

Wonder how well the Kinnect will work ? PS3 move kinda stunk with it :(

5. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Color me impressed is all Im gonna say right now. Ryno I'll pm you some stuff about the tour later thIs week

6. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

This sounds really great so far, enough for me to consider picking this up in March.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Hell yes , progress is good ;)

9. JohnnyClutch

You better flight captain. (y)

10. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Of course they decided to not enclose the info on this for another month lol. I'm holding my enthusiasm till I see what I did anyway.

I'll assume members of the same clubhouse will be able to compete in matches or tournaments against each other ( an hopefully against other clubhouses). However as it currently stand in tournaments you can't play TOGETHER with other people,so unless they completely overhauled it you'll have to play by yourself.

This also brings the submission system. For multiple rounds (weeklies) you had unlimited submissions which opens the door for shenanigans and with single submissions you can get stewed ip by disconnect.

Either way it is a step in right direction for custom tours, but most likely we'll have to fire up the google spreadsheets again

11. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

This looks really great. As a golfer myself this really looks promising (the new swing dynamic that is). Excited to see what the clubhouse feature will be like. I love tiger woods golf!

12. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Well the people who are very proficient in a game in real life usually have an advantage on a console in other sports, so why should this be different?!

I don't think this will be the case though what mike de v. video shows is more backwards. What I mean is you are not approaching the shot with the idea of 'this is a perfect opportunity for a high fade' but set it up and 'oh this is going to be a high fade' if this make any sense. I absolutely suck IRL golf btw don't think have ever broken 120.

Plus if that's the case I'll be really happy since it will mean EA finally gives us some realism and can also be used as an improvement tool especially with move/kinekt

13. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Btw does anyone knows where the hell is Basis4aDay56 ?!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Damn ... they might be luring me back again. We'll have to see.

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Looks like his last post was November :(

I have a few ideas on who / how we can run TSO Tour , I may PM some guys over the weekend .... Unless EA does something awesome and makes it easy for us :D

16. Vlad

Featured Threads:

This video gets me super excited. If they implemented all the input on real life play into the swing mechanics and ball flight ( hell even if they did 70%) this will make for one kick ass gAme

17. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

when is this game being released?

18. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    March 27

19. JohnnyClutch

Ready for some more news. Wish they would switch the online country clubs release to next week instead of what players are in the game. For me the players information could be released the last week as I play with my custom golfer.

20. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I can't think of anyone I have ever met that played game more than once that didn't just create a golfer , c'mon TW 98% of us don't care who is on it :(

21. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I would definitely be interested in joining a TSO country club!

22. JohnnyClutch

23. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

WTF , why have different bonus stuff depending on where you order? Lol

24. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Always been the case. Gamestop has the best one IMO since I don't do fantasy courses. Problem for me is I want to get the SE and they won't have it in their stores and I dint want to wait extra 4 days for delivery

25. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Ben Crane your round takes extra 15 minutes, but your are allowed to swear at him and hit your drive on the next hole,while he is lining up his putt :D