Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Demo Details

Discussion in 'Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf' started by StormJr, Feb 27, 2013.

1. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

Demo is out next week!

http://underthecode.com/2013/02/27/utc-exclusive-tiger-woods-pga-tour-14-demo-arrives-march-5th/

Golf fans rejoice, the demo for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is set to show up on your Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this Tuesday, March 5thand it’s packed with surprises. Under The Code has learned that the demo will for the first time allow you to play an abbreviated online tournament giving everyone the opportunity to get a glimpse at how the new “Connected Tournaments” feature will function.

The demo will allow you to play a limited number of offline 3-hole “Quick Tournaments” as LPGA phenom Lexi Thompson at a portion of both Oak Hill (home to this year’s PGA Championship) or Royal Birkdale (home to this year’s Senior Open). The tournaments will provide users a look at the new broadcast presentations and stats as they are realistically portrayed for major events. Additionally, you will also be able to enter a few 3 hole “Connected Tournaments” enabling you to see what it is like to play a hole with up to 24 other players and view shot arcs all while receiving real-time scoring updates.
    If that is not enough, the demo also unlocks a portion of the new Legends Challenge giving you the chance to play with one of the new golf legends during a featured time capsule of golf history. By playing the demo you will be able to unlock 1960′s Arnold Palmer for use in the full retail game. One final feature available is that in addition to the 4 difficulty modes of the past (Amateur, Pro, Tour Pro, and Tournament), players will also be able to sample the new hardcore “Simulation” mode which is sure to fully test your golfing skills. And if motion controls are your thing, the demo is fully compatible with Kinect for Xbox 360 and Playstation Move.

• Like Like x 2
  2. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Thanks for the information.. Of course it comes out the week I am on vacation!!! dang... I will enjoy it hopefully when I return!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

Seems someone jumped the gun a bit...lol...

Here's what the link says now:

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

It did come out today, playing it now.

5. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Is it super dark on your tv?

My tempo is better this year then last. All my putts are coming up short though.

6. Bulldog

Yeah the brightness needs to be adjusted but I don't see a setting for it. I'm loving the new tempo and all of my putts are coming up short as well. It's going to take some getting used to.

7. Detredwings32

Detredwings32 Walk On

I absolutely love the new simulation mode. Very challenging.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bulldog

I hate the shot shape setting. If I want to shape my shots I will do it manually(with the RS) not shaping them with the LS.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  9. Detredwings32

Detredwings32 Walk On

Somehow pulled a -3 out on Royal Birksdale on Simulation mode. Chipped in and hit 2 very long putts for birdies.

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    +5 for me...I suck.

11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I may actually be better IRL than I am at simulation mode lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

im going try play it wednesday or thursday far as demo goes

13. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

+3 +3 didn't a hit a single fairway lol (LIVE tournaments).

14. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

+4 hit too many rough's.

15. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

Absolutely cannot get enough of the Sim Mode. So much fun to fight for birdies. Yes, it's tough to get the perfect angled swing...but I think after played a bit more it will become easier. Also, I think a lot of people, myself included, will create a control golfer rather than a power golfer like Tiger...and thus the diagonal swinging will be a bit more forgivinig.

I cannot wait for this game. I posted a lot of my impressions over in the EA forums...

Sim Mode
    -Shot even par my first try at simulation (which seems pretty good compared to what was on the leaderboard). Went Par-Bogey-Birdie...and the Birdie felt AWESOME. [​IMG]
    -I will be a nervous wreck trying to hold it together for 18 holes, though.
    -Nice that swinging diagonally removes the need for having random landing...because good luck getting a perfect diagonal swing!
    -The disappearing ball marker (brain fart on what it's called) when trying to hit it from the rough took me by complete surprise! Ended up catching the ball on the bottom half rather than in the middle...wasn't off target, just a short.

-Love the changing of the day while playing...very immersive.
    -I too think that the first hole in the Legends challenge is pretty dark. Quite difficult to see details when in AM and raining.
    -Interestingly had a hole where I had a 32mph wind in my face, was 250yds to the fairway and I BARELY made it with my old equipment. Most courses made today are made for the new equipment and not the old stuff.
    -Nature sounds...awesome.
    -I disagree with someone above. I LOVE the new menus. They are leaps and bounds better than last years menus.
    -Love the Live Tournament menus too
    -New Look pins....I like em.
    -Birds flying through hole....more awesome.
    -Love the immediate transition from loading screen to golfing
    -Love the commentary on menu loading screens. e.g. Nantz chatting about the weather.
    -Love the inbetween shot stats...although there were a few times in which it felt like it was up too short, so I didn't get to see the actual stat.
    -Ball physics are REALLY good compared to '12
    -Flags on the Live Tournament Leaderboard are awesome.
    -Night golf is pretty neat...I'll play it more for sure.
    -In Sim mode, being in the rough is SOOO penalizing. Having to swing diagonally AND hold that ball marker thing is very tough.
    -Loading times between holes on Live Tournaments seem quicker.

• Like Like x 2
  16. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

i went 6 over at that royal place , tough course i think in our league i think seee some low scores but i went 3 over at oak hills , i very impress about thar course and that night golf is neat lol , i think we see some high scores

17. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Sp what is everyone thinking about settings for te tour now that the demo is out?!

Go straight to simulation or turn some of the stuff off/on?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Detredwings32

Detredwings32 Walk On

I'm digging simulation.

19. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

I thought I'd never say this because I've always been FOR keeping green grid on...but I am really liking Sim as it is in the demo.

The putting swing is not even close to as sensitive as '13 and it makes it better or more likely to lag a putt rather than blast it past the hole.

20. ren6175

ren6175 Walk On

I agree about simulation mode. It is really fun and challenging. I find it a little disturbing to not see the landing spot especially on approach shots, but it makes you have to really learn the course. The first 3 holes I played in this mode I hit the fairways and greens, but I three-putted twice because the greens were sooooo slow. I would be in for simulation mode from the start.

21. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Yeah, we are gonna have to play the practice round in order to get to know the course :p. I'll be up for the hardest mode possible, I love seeing low scores. I have checked the tour here in the site, is it only PS3? o_O

22. 2nd2none

2nd2none Walk On

Simulation mode no doubt!

What do you think about the wind arrow? It seems like a 5mph wind is hard to detect since the arrow doesn't really move at all. No arrow may be too tough.

Just learned last night that you have to move the strike stick left or right to hit the ball cleanly on sidehill lies. The fading marker is a nice challenge.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  23. Bulldog

I like simulation with the shot shape setting set to normal instead of advanced.

24. Bobibblesackin

Bobibblesackin Walk On

I love simulation mode, even though Im not so good at it. Gives me the challenge Ive always wanted with Tiger. No more 30+ under majors. It finally feels like it takes actual variable skill to play. Sign me up!

25. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Second birdie hahaha :D