Tigers Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Tigers Presser

[​IMG]

The Tigers have only one blemish on their record this season, gives some insight on the great start.

Who is the team to beat in the AL (besides the Tigers)?

How will Gary Sheffield be used if he signs with your team?

Who's your MVP thus far?

2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

[​IMG]
    (smoking a Marlboro red through the entire interview)

The Tigers have only one blemish on their record this season, gives some insight on the great start.
    I can't really pin down the positive start to one thing, as from game to game there's been someone that came through in the clutch. The first two games, Inge had his power stroke going pretty well, and JV's pitching was outstanding against Florida. Lately, Mags has been coming up big, last, with his 5 for 5 showing and walk off base hit against the Reds. Picking up Khalil has helped with Everett going down with the torn MCL. It's really been a great team effort.

Who is the team to beat in the AL (besides the Tigers)?
    After getting roughed up by the Rangers, their offense looks pretty scary. I'd watch out for them. The Blue Jays look for real too. Their starting pitching is among the best in the AL. Obviously you can never overlook the Yankees or Red Sox either.

How will Gary Sheffield be used if he signs with your team?
    We're looking to bring Sheff in for his bat and for some leadership for our young guys like Boesch and AJ. More than likely, strickly a DH candidate.

Who's your MVP thus far?
    Tough question... Thus far, I'd have to give the nod to Verlander with Mags close behind. Really, we really need to get Miggy going. I've been pretty disappointed with his shortage of power... Maybe we're pressing him too much offensively, but we've got to get that turned around.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

At this point in the season, who is your MVP's?

Is the roster intact or are you looking to make any other moves?

How's the rotation and what are you getting out of the pen?

Is their anyone you need to light a fire under to get them going?

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

[​IMG]
    (STILL smoking...)

At this point in the season, who are your MVP's?
    Tough question still... I'd have to give the nod to Mags. He's been lights out, hitting over .400 and coming up with clutch hit after clutch hit. The addition of Khalil has been huge. He may have permanently unseated Adam Everett.
    I like what Austin has done in center. He should really be pushing you guys for the Rookie of the Year votes. I'm telling you, that boy is something special.

Is the roster intact or are you looking to make any other moves?
    At this point, it's still a little early to say. Would like to shore up the catcher position with a little more offensive pop, although Laird has been hitting the gaps pretty effectively thus far. Dontrelle had a good showing in New York against the Yankees, so maybe the questions about the starting rotation have been answered? Not sure... One guy in the rotation that I have been pleasantly suprised with is young Rick Porcello. 3-0 and striking out guys at a nearly a 20-1 K/walk ratio is fantastic. Cy Young stuff so far out of Rick.

How's the rotation and what are you getting out of the pen?
    DON'T YOU LISTEN????? I just f*$!'ing told you about the rotation DAMNIT!
    The pen really hasn't been tested too much. Bobby Seay was roughed up early in the season, and we had to send Zach Miner down to bring up Brad Thomas. Thomas throws gas and is another lefty arm out of the pen. Phil Coke, Ryan Perry, and Zumaya have been great and Papa Grande has been stellar closing the door. Just trying to save their arms for the tough upcoming stretch on the schedule

Is their anyone you need to light a fire under to get them going?
    Believe it or not, I'm overall pretty pleased. Cabrera has been keeping his eye on the ball much better, and knocking in the runs, hell, he leads the team in RBI's, but he's not getting the ball out of the park. Not sure if that's going to be a problem or not. Really, Brandon Inge has fallen off a little bit from his hot start, but still leads the team in homers. I'd like to get Boesch up from Toledo to develop him in right and give Mags and Sheff some breathes of fresh air.

From a pitching standpoint, I've been real disappointed with Galarraga and Zach Miner. Miner is down in Toledo, working on his mechanics, and I just haven't found the right opportunity for Mando to get some work in.

But hey, I gotta get moving, thanks for the questions, and lets keep thing moving, huh... This city could use some good to rally around huh... See ya next time.