Tim Tebow and Tony Romo, as well as other NFL talk

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by kdpnutter, Dec 25, 2011.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Well since Keller apparently doesn't approve of our banter in different areas, we can make one here.For discussion on anything in the NFL we feel like talking about. I will say my chatting with bringbackjimmy about Tebow is all in good fun, so let's keep it all in good fun.

JSimms
    hoppedupford
    Jmustang1968
    Keller
    Emmdotfrisk
    rushers24
    DerekC
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    capp34
    GovernedSpy
    @B0BJR0526
    I Peench
    Matrix Monkey
    bjbdahitman
    CWT 3000
    antcap24
    ryty32
    RyanC
    NDCOLTS1979

2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
  3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Merry Christmas Tebow throws 4 picks in blowout loss to buffalo. I heard Jesus is disappointed..

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Thanks

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Tebow sucks. I would not be happy with 7-3 if I were a Denver fan.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Would you be happier with a 1-4 Kyle Orton lead team? Tebow works hard and is just one of those likeable people. He is a lot better of a person and image for the NFL then Plaxico "Guns a Blazing" Burress, Michael "Who let the dogs out" Vick (but I give Vick credit for trying to repair his image), it's a good feel good story for the NFL and a good type role model for kids that watch the NFL.

Merry Christmas, Tony Romo's hand is the size of China and JPP has something for Romo next week after how he has played the last few weeks, JPP had a big game against the Packers and the Jets so gonna be hard to stop him this week with that putrid of an O-line for Dallas. bringbackjimmy

• Like Like x 1
  7. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

haven't read much since the eagles game but i hope romo recovers for next week and can take the cowboys into the playoffs as ive enjoyed their up and down season lol

and as a pats fan every week is pretty funny we have no D yet keep on winning :)

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I was being sarcastic. I'm a UF alum and a huge Tebow fan. Sometimes the absurdist position is the most sensible. The word absurd actually comes from a Latin word meaning "deaf," which is what Ithink most of the Tebow haters are. My starting QB takes the team from 1-4 to first place in the division? Shit, sign me up! Is he Tom Brady? Fuck no. Is he a baller? Fuck yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  9. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

My only problem with Teebow is the amount of credit he gets for forcing fumbles, making long range Fgs and keeping the offense in the game 3 of the 4 quarters. Who cares what he does off the field what he does on it should be all that matters.

10. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Agree about the off the field part. Many NFL athletes perform charity work, do good in the community, and are men of character. However, there is something to the fact that he has brought his team back from 4 or 5 losses in almost improbable circumstances. Having watched and played a lot of sports in my life, I know that a certain amount of winning is due to the intangible qualities of will and leadership. I watched Tebow play live almost every other Saturday for four years. I was not a believer in him as an NFL quarterback; however, I knew that the guy was a winner and a lion on the field. If he can translate those things into wins on the NFL level, all the power to him.

Like I said before, if I were a Broncos fan, which I am not, I would be happy with the results.

11. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Actually a lot of people care what people do off the field, let's ask Sam Hurd how his off the field activities have worked out for him, or Nate Newton, or Plaxico or Michael Vick, or any of the other players that have off the field incidents. It's bad press for the NFL and bad for kids to role model after or look up to, and I'm not saying kids should role model after NFL players, who they should is like their Mom or Dad or someone that really does good, but it's a fact of life kids do.

As for Tebow getting all the credit, no I don't think he deserves the entire credit for the team because Von Miller and the defense played well, but also Tebow lost his best WR before he even took the field as they traded him, and before Tebow took over McGahee wasn't running well and now he does, and as a lot of Broncos players including Von Miller and Champ Bailey said, Tebow just has them believing that no matter what they can win, and if it's close in the 4th, he will find a way to win it.

Now more importantly did anyone see that hit on Adrian Peterson's knee injury yesterday? It was reminiscent of the McGahee injury at Miami against Ohio State in the title game. It looked bad and reports are he has a torn MCL and ACL. Vikings are getting a lot of slack for him even playing and Peterson had said he was getting a lot of flack from his fantasy owners for not playing so that's why he was going to play the last two games to help his fantasy owners............and now he's a 100 million dollar busted knee, which he could be out they said from 9-12 months.

Thoughts?

12. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Alls i can say is im PROUD of the effort the Colts have put out the past 2 weeks. They showed pride in the fact no team in the AFC South has ever swept them. The pick don't matter they are still playing to win. BRING BACK WAYNE

13. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

The Colts have played well but at what cost? I do agree if they don't bring back Wayne, I would be more than happy for the Pats to pick him up. But hopefully for all the Colts fan, they lose this last week.

14. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Truthfully idc anymore about the #1 pick. I would rather beat the Jags. Get RG3 if he jumps to NFL and have him learn behind Manning. That would give us a scramble type QB which is hard to play against. Plus he will have time to learn from Manning. Would Luck be nice yes but i would still rather us keep the streak alive of never being swept in the AFC South

15. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i got a football magazine in my stocking and just guess who is on the cover?smh

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

lets see next year where the broncos are at with tebow at qb full time.. something tells me they are a top 10 draft pick team..

17. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

If the Cowboys miss the playoffs this year, which I am predicting a Giant win at home vs. the Cowboys because the defense lead by JPP who has played great against both the Packers and Jets will be better than the Cowboys defense. Eli also has shown that when it comes to the big games, he usually shows up big and Romo has not shown that yet.

Even tho he probably wont Jones should fire Garrett but because of the love affair he has with him he wont. But Garrett has blown 3 games alone himself with bone headed stuff, i.e. Icing your own kicker, going for a big deep third down pass when a run could have forced them to use their last time out. But the problem is Jerry will never get a big name coach to go down their unless it's Jeff Fisher, because he will never step aside as the GM of the team and give a good head coach the ability to pick his own players. Only reason I see Fisher as a candidate is because he doesn't care or want that. He never had it in Tennessee so it wouldn't bother him here.

As for the Broncos being a top 10 draft pick team, I don't see it, not based on Tebow's play alone, but the defense will get another year experience and besides Champ isn't really that old of a defense and offensively they will have an entire offseason to work with Tebow and the offense to get it down pat and can add via free agency and the draft some offensive and defensive weapons.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Matthew Stafford is our SAVIOR

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

its easy to show up for the jets when all their OC calls is 5-7 yard routes. If i want a big game performance i will go with Romo. To say that he hasn't shown up in big games has me believe you just believe the hypebole the talking heads speak. just because they like to act like the big games he does win or play well in don't count does not make it true. take that 1st giant's playoff win he played well enough to win that game and if it wasn't for "the best hands on the team" crayton dropping 2 easy TD passes its the cowboys going to the SB. cowboys will win this week and it will be oh it was a giants team that loss 6 of the last 8 games of the season. If the giant's win no matter what romo does it will be he choked another big game and elisha is just a big game QB even though the cowboys would have loss4 of the last 5.
    Tebow can get all this credit for sucking ass and getting lucky with who he is playing(thats now 3 teams with quality QB that have kicked his ass btw) while romo gets bashed routinely for the last 4-5 years while putting up top 5 numbers. If he was on any other team he would be getting praised and put up with the manning brady rodgers brees, but since he is on the cowboys he barely on peoples top 10..

• Like Like x 1
  20. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I hope Orton takes out the Broncos for everything he went through before the season even started. All the booing and clamering for the 4th string QB who did nothing in practice but he is a winner or he is great off the field so that why he should start.

21. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

think someone is letting their heart rule their head here romo is a serial bottler i hope it doesnt happen again but i can see the cowboys losing out although im hoping this is not the case

as said last night the 2 worst defences in the nfl could meet in the superbowl that would be pretty funny :) that is of course the packers and the pats

22. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

It's true but the Saints and 49ers will have a say in that and the 49ers have the achillies heel of the Packers, a good run game which the Bears and Chiefs showed and a good defense that could give Rodgers trouble.

In the AFC the Steelers and Ravens will have a say in it also. But I think it will be the Patriots coming out of the AFC. NFC could be one of three teams.

23. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

yeah im hoping 49ers send green bay packing (pun intended haha) :)

as much as i would love the pats to make the SB i cant see it

24. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

nope no heart just brains.. lok at romo's stats the last 5 years..they are are on par with the brady's mannings brees of the world. sorry if you believe the hyperbole..

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  25. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Well Room's stats are gonna be hard to find :p

• Like Like x 1