Time for new faces?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JOEDESIGNS, Apr 13, 2009.

Feb 21, 2009
    Time for new faces?

I mean we have guys that are missing recruting and CPU games? It takes about 20 minutes to get a game played if you are beating the breaks off the other team and at the most 40 minutes. There is no excuse to this stuff not getting done. There's a waiting list of guys wanting to get in. IMO if this stuff isn't getting done, lets get someone here that will want to do it. We have 12 spots, and I get tired of guys not getting crap done. 1 hour a week is all that is required.
  2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Feb 19, 2009
    I think some guys might just be trying to hold on to a spot for next year. Not cool. I think some guys are gonna go bye-bye, especially the ones who have been trouble from the start.

I'm playing with 11 in the West, and I'm totally cool with that. If I know Raz, he'll probably drop the hammer faster that I would. I imagine the hangers-on will get the boot soon enough.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Feb 22, 2009
    It takes me an hour to play my game, 20 minutes to recruit, and 10 minutes to type up the stats. It may take some longer than others, but still, that is a pretty slight commitment. This is not to say that people don't have real life issues to contend with. We know who is busy right now due to certain things that are not of their control, but they let us all know that they would not be able to be around. Some of the guys who have (all but) vanished have given no indication that they weren't going to be around, so to me and the rest that pretty much says interest is lost. I might be over-stepping my bounds a bit here in speaking on behalf of the OFFL in general, but we don't need to have an exact reason WHY you are not going to be around -- just a heads up would do the trick. This is a video game hobby that takes a necessary backseat to real life, and no one is trying to pry into any details of your real life. When you just vanish without word and then wonder why you got the boot, you will have no one to blame but yourself.

I honestly have no idea who from the East this might be, or the West really for that matter, so my post is therefore not directed at anyone in particular. There is no gun to your head.
  4. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Feb 11, 2009
    DixBuddy has till Thursday to show up and do some 'xplaining. I'll also do a bit of an activity recap a little after mid-season, and some people who haven't kept up with things will be highlighted.
  5. Hola mis amigos...
    Bonjour mes amis...
    Hallo meine freunde...
    Ola os meus amigos...
    Ciao i miei amici...

...I'm still here. I just been chilling in the darkness for a couple days.
    I will get caught up today (Period)

The weekend was completely my bad on planning. I figured to be back sometime Sunday but my family ended up staying at grandma's house all day with no lines of internet communication. (cell phones are not allowed in her house and I respect her enough not to try it). I was hoping the advance would be early Thursday but it wasn't. Friday was the home opener for my Cleveland Indians, which my friends and I ended up driving over 5 hours to see 5 innings of baseball and Saturday I was "Up North" at the UM spring game for some laughs and to see how much talent they didn't have.

So in short, I hope you guys had as good of an Easter weekend as I did