Time Limit on FA signings?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Time Limit on FA signings?

I know you are away from your PS3, Jeremy, and Nate can sign FAs to teams but is busy at the moment.

Should we institute a time limit on FAs going to a team? Say 48 hours from getting confirmed by a board member? It shouldn't be a problem for the most part, but it wouldn't hurt to have a rule about it just in case.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Didnt think it would cause this amount of an uproar, but I am cool with some kind of time-table.Vikings FAs will be signed tonite.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I didn't think it would be a big issue either, but I can see it from their point of view. New ownership comes in, sees some talent left on the table, and goes for it and then gets denied due to late signings.

I would say 48 hours should be plenty of time in most instances to sign a FA from the time a board member (you, in this case, since you're over the FAs) finalizes the deal. After 48 hours, a new bid can be placed, and the owner with previous claims would have to bid again to win a second time.

4. Jeremy

I tried to walk my 9 yr old through siging my players but he is having trouble signing in, so if Nate can add the players to my team that would be cool and if not they can be added back to FA pool..I will still be away from ps3 for a few more days.

Nate if you can add my players, please add:
    FB Lorenzo Neal
    CB Fahkir Brown
    DE Marcus Howard
    DE KGB

Please release:
    DE Brian Robison
    OT Ryan Cook

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I have a "weird" question: If I signed into PSN using your name/password, could I sign the players? Not that it's ethical, mind you, but in a pinch if it would work and help out I could do that as a last chance alternative.

Up to you, and if you aren't comfortable with that idea, I understand completely. Just a thought though.

6. Jeremy

i think you could..i will pm you with my sign in info

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I think you can only do it if your commish. I have no problem winuvas of making you commish for a few days since I am swamped.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Nah, we figured it out. Took a little creative maneuvering but Jeremy's players are signed.