Time to get this on track.

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by Wick36, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Jul 14, 2010
    The last couple times we've tried to replicate the video somewhat.

Overall, I'd say our performance has dropped and that this strategy is NOT working out.

Instead of trying to play like they do, we need to focus on what we're good at/capable of doing.

I really think that we need to go back to the 4-3-3 and 5-2-2-1. Start spreading the field out again so we get the big lanes for runs by the wingers/strikers and cross stuff in when that shit is open.

Our passing has gotten a lot better, and that should keep up. Instead of people trying to dribble around at the top of the box constantly trying to get into a spot to get a finesse off and then getting beat like they stole something, we need the people around to make themselves available to the ball and then pass it to them and keep the attack moving along. Instead of getting into the funk where we send in cross after cross, we can hit the diagonals that are usually there, or reset.

We need people to stay in position. We don't need the defensive mids humping the box constantly, keep that shit a little bit spread out so there's some room for people to maneuver and there's places to dump it off. The left side shouldn't be on the right, the middle guys shouldn't be on the sidelines. In the formations with CAMs that player should really play in the middle as a dump off target and distributor with some running instead of just being a utility wing/striker like it usually ends up being.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kasper

Kasper Mr. Embolo

Apr 12, 2010
    I don't care what formation we do, I'd just like there to be a CDM. Also, I like to think I do a good job of not going too forward from my defensive mid spot. If I do though, please tell me. I'm open to any and all criticism (I know my passing was bad for a long time, but I really feel I have turned a corner over the last few club outings).
  3. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Apr 28, 2012
    The biggest thing I notice as to why we aren't getting success like that top club is plays a lot off of the fact that we don't cut into the box for passes to get easy shots. If anyone actually watched the video you would notice that they hardly take any shots outside the box let alone taking long ranged finesse shots to score. We have the first part down where you work the ball in front of the 18 but NOBODY is willing to make a cut into the box to work in for a shot/2nd or 3rd pass to score. We just either hand to Drifter to rip it or we get the ball in the box but the person who has the ball in the box isn't looking for the passes that are right beside them and instead takes an extremely ill advised shot and we get a corner. Everyone seems to think if you are anywhere near the goalie you should just shoot but honestly if I am at the left corner of the box and goalie is on the left corner taking a shot at him is the biggest waste of an opportunity.

For this strategy to actually work we must communicate that certain players need to work into the box for the ball and our strikers can't be dribbling the ball so much because it doesn't give them good shots. The midfielders are there to set the strikers up for their opportunities but we never get a chance to set each other up since all the strikers want to do is set themselves up for a rip outside the box. Unless we start cutting into the box and dishing it in this strategy simply won't ever work.