Time to help with Free Agents? Look here!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Time to help with Free Agents? Look here!

Ok here are two very important links that those of us with moderator powers need to update very regularily the next few days. This means even if you have just 10 minutes or so to help...DO IT! :D Any and all help is welcomed.

First, we need to make sure we update the claims, which can be found at this link HERE: http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22682 . How we update it is this...go through each FA thread with a post time AFTER the last update. You will need to add or subtract claims as people add or remove claims to FAs. Really simple actually, and doesn't take much time at all. This allows us to be very proactive so people aren't using more than their allotted clams.

Secondly, we need to update monitor and update this 'Closing Time' thread HERE: http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22759 . Updating this one is very simple. Anytime after the last update (noted in bright green), if a new FA claim is placed we need to add that FA to the list, and put the closing time 24 hours from the first post. KEEP THEM IN ORDER! Also, please note that if a FA all of the sudden has 4 or more claims on them, they turn into a 48 hour claim period as we have to add an extra day for the 'bid off' that happens between the top three.

Finally and most importantly, we need to award FA's asap after the closing time as noted in that previous thread. Once the closing time has arrived (then and only then!) you can log in to the email account and search for the bids people sent in. Award the FA to the winning team, close the FA thread, and remove the claims from the sticky thread noted above! If there are 4 or more bids, you notify the top three owners in the thread that they have a chance to submit a new bid during the 24 hour bid off period. The other owners that did not make the top 4 need to have their claims removed in the sticky thread! Oh and don't forget to remove the free agent from the 'closing time' sticky so we can avoid clutter!

Sound tough? Not really. With 7 people on this board it'll be really simple as long as we all pitch in. Just whenever you update one of those stickies, please NOTE THE TIME YOU UPDATE THE THREAD and then post right here in this thread to let us all know that you've done some updating! Any questions, AIM me or PM me! (y)

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I am organizing all emails into folders by player names. I AM NOT OPENING emails to move them. Any email that is not UNREAD has been opened. I would say about 90 % haven't been and we need to keep it that way to keep the integrity. When moving them into folder all I can see is the Team name, player and position. I can not see ANY bids. Please baord lets keep integrity in this. Owners could really lose faith in us if they believe we some how cheated. I would be pretty pissed as well.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I had started on this around 6am this morning..You stole my thunder web....lol

just joking...great job..I have been in and out all morning and it would have taken me much longer to finish...

4. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

lol. I was wondering who thought it up. I saw it was already started. I just took your genius and ran with it. Great idea! I am glad that I could help out. It looks good in there no. No bids are on the main folder. All are in sub folders and should just be left there. Only one that I was not sure of was Malcolm Jenkins because of the whole Raider thing. Is he a FA or no? If no, I will just delete the email in there.