Tips on Disconnecting.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Oct 3, 2010.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Tips on Disconnecting.

It can be extremely frustrating when your about to play a game against somebody that keeps disconnecting all the time forcing you to replay over and over again. At this point all you strategy has went down the drain. Here are some tips that I have tried that have worked to prevent the disconnect.

If you DC more than 3 times try to keep note on when it happens. It usually happens on any change of possession.

1. Try again using default everything. No playbook switching or different uniforms.

2. Try playing 2 quarters of a unranked game. If this passes than you can retry the league game otherwise your connection is truly bad.

3. Play league game but use default everything. I had a 100% success rate doing this after the unranked game went smooth.

Also note to make sure you have the most current online roster.

2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

worked for our game browns against the pats

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Question: Could we change our playbooks in the global settings? That way our playbooks could be ready for league games? Or would that work?

4. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I would send the least amount of changes to the server as possible.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Ugh. While I wouldn't mind using Detroit's offensive playbook, their defensive playbook is dooky.

6. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

This from Ian Cumming's twitter

"To any online Madden gamers, we have found a major culprit with disconnects (had to do with mismatched rosters). Fix coming in Nov."

So turns out having the latest rosters IS the fix...

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

It may an issue but its NOT the ONLY issue.

I know for certain Gaddy & I had updated rosters when we played and we still disconnected twice.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Here's where I could be barking up a wrong tree.

Question: Do you have more than one roster file on your system?

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I'd guess the roster itself is corrupting the connection somehow

10. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

New Tip:

Sometimes your just fucked

11. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Sometimes if you hold the power button down and stare at your screen for 13minutes and 23 seconds, you will still be disconnected...

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Just did a league game. I went completely default (against my better judgement lol) with Lions, no uniform changes, roster 100% updated....and still got d/ced in third quarter.

Not that it mattered, of course, cause game was in hand and was able to be saved. It said that I quit though.

Which is REALLY starting to f(*king annoy me.

I know I stink. I know I ain't that good. I'm getting better, and I am enjoying playing this Madden more than last year's. Even with the Lions. Even with the higher difficulty level.

EXCEPT FOR THESE BULLSHIT DISCONNECTS.

ESPECIALLY WHEN IT SAYS I QUIT.....

I'd rather have just a flat d/c than it say I quit. That leads to bad reputation. And that bugs me FAR more than a loss.

13. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Win... I am scared to say this to you, but part of it is your wireless I think. I used wireless last year and didn't have an issue but this year I guess the batching is more complex because there is no forgiveness. 2 options woudl be to either find a jack, or one day you may want to try using your laptop as a bridge. I have done it in the past with some success. Until I finally just moved my Modem :)

14. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Yea Winny your case is unique.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm gonna have to get some assistance on internet connection sharing. While I am familiar with what you are talking about, I have never set one up myself.

I would like to learn how and set this bad boy up and see if it helps, because I don't want to have to leave because of BS connection.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

One of those times where I don't like being unique. lol

17. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I would think you would want to add your like of Tiffany and Belinda Carlisle songs....

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Hey, how did you get my play.....

Oh......

I don't know what you are talking about. *looks up in the air*

19. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Hey Win, I'll help you out when you get on next :)

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

kk

Fiancee said they are supposed to be doing some network work this weekend, so perhaps maybe they will be upgrading equipement? Dunno. May ask her when she wakes up and we get moving to see if she knows more details.

Hopefully they upgrade the routers. From what I can tell, they appear to be some older model wireless G routers, which for a growing campus of almost 3000 students is absolutely ridiculous.