Titanfall Beta Impressions

Discussion in 'Tradition Shooters' started by Wyrmreaver, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I hear from guys who play the beta that this game is amazing. I plan on getting it. Who else? Anyone play the beta and want to share?

2. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

It is great!!!

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The Beta is open to all users today. So DL that ish!

5. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I like that you can customize your pilot and Titan with tons of weapons and enhancements.
    (the burn cards also add a bunch of options and variety)

I like that Titan's aren't invincible and can be taken down by ground troops
    (I love ambushing Titans with arc grenades and my sidewinder)

I think the levels are expansive with tons of detail.

The epilogue at the end of a game is genius.

Sound effects are amazing - I'll never tire of watching a Titan drop out of the sky and smash into the ground.
    Graphics are next-next gen.

I can't wait to try out all the various types of Titans (Ogre and Stryder are not available in Beta)
    There are also a bunch of weapons not in the beta- can't wait.

We gotta get a TSO "clan" together and tear people new assholes!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It's a shit ton of fun.

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Stryder is available via a Burn Card. Its a more agile Titan with extra boost/slides. Its ultimate weapon is an unlimited slide reactor or whatever those are called.

8. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

cool- i knew i had seen one on the battlefield but couldn't figure out how- i thought maybe they let some beta testers have different stuff

Beta test ends today I believe

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

If there is a consistent group of TSO guys to play with I might pick this up.

10. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

"Shooter do not excite me anymore" I said in conversation with a student, "There was a span of time where shooters were reinventing themselves; now everything is recycled." This pasted weekend I happily applied my foot into my mouth -- This weekend I played Titanfall. Respawn's inaugural next-gen product amazes and entertains while delivering moments that will make its audience say "Oh!". An easy to understand menu screen, an intelligent controller layout and character customization are a few of things that impressed me with Titanfall.
    Menu screens, especially for shooter have become very overwhelming. I miss a time where I could simply go into a "solider customization" menu and have a streamlined process for my specs. Titanfall takes the Steve Jobs adage "Simple. Simple. Simple. Cross out two and what do you get? Simple." and makes it work wonderfully. There was no learning curve when customizing my solider nor Titan: this weapon handles this way, this perk does this, etc. etc. I do not miss "Call of Duty" and I do enjoy its menu screen :D
    I am in love with Titanfall's controls, especially when controlling a Titan. A frustration I have had with shooters in the past is accidentally hitting a button I did not intend to hit, such is not the case with Titanfall. Not only are the controls easy to pick-up, but the screen also lays out functions of importance (ie sending your Titan). Some may say that the the mashing of A to wall-climb and jump is way too easy. I say the real test will be how quickly people can read and react to their surroundings, making decisions visually to get to their preferred point of destination. Snapping a dudes neck is cool, the spin kick can be canned, IMO.
    The Beta demonstrated a smidgen of the customization that Titanfall will offer. As the weekend progressed you began to see how people build their Titans. Even the very small amount offered changes the way each player approached Titans and Pilots. Some people fear getting rodeo'd (where a pilot jumps onto a Titans back)... My strategy was the to welcome a Rodeo, then I smoke your ass off me like a mosquitoe. My plan against Titans: Charge in, Drop Smoke, land a bunch, charge out while firing lock-on missals. I am excited to see what strategies are to come.

More to come...

11. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  12. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Man, I know it's just me, but the more I see of Titanfall, the less it does for me. This was going to be the reason I bought an xbox one first, now it's likely pushing me towards the PS4 first.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it's wildly successful; I just don't get/see the appeal.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I'm a huge Mech fan - so right away it's going to be something I'm interested in.
    The fact that you have to "earn" your mech and call it in is also very cool.
    It's not a mech only game- so that also appeals to me. It's half shooter.

Now throw in the fact you can wall climb with boosters and have a multitude of player set ups and weapons- now you are talking!

There are also different types of mechs.

The strategy in the game could be really good. What types of mechs you use on certain maps, how you coordinate, what set ups and weapons do you use for your soldier - add in burn cards to tweak it even more.

I was a big Lost Planet 1 & 2 fan... had a similar concept- except instead of booster to climbing walls you had a grappling hook you could shoot out.
    Lost Planet also allowed you to jump into mechs and battle.

Those are some of the reasons why Titanfall looks so good to me. I thought the demo was a blast and I'm sure I'm going to be all in this game upon release. Hopefully some TSO guys will play with me otherwise I'll be off to find a clan.
    Playing as a team is the most fun for me.

14. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I am down to playing a lot

15. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On