Titans offseason so far, and future plans

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by yankeery25, Jan 26, 2011.

1. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

The Chris Johnson show's season culminated in an awful manner. With a Chris Johnson-less, stunningly lopsided 48-7 loss to the Bills, the Titans were shows all of their weaknesses. The Titans weakness all season was on the offensive line, so in 2 trades, the Titans acquired Rob Sims and Nate Byham, an elite blocking TE. Byham looks to move into the starting role in place of Jared Cook Jr., while Sims will take the place of Vladimir Ducasse most likely. The Titans could not protect Kevin Kolb or Kyle Orton all season, so these moves will pay dividends. The Titans were forced to unload Bensly Blake, but he did not fit the mold of what the Titans deemed needed at the position. The Titans needed a counterpart to Kenny Britt, not a replica of him. They needed a speed receiver, and while that has not been addressed through trades yet, there is still free agency and the fact that the Titans have 2 1st rounders, 2 2nd rounders, and a 3rd rounder. Although Tony Brown had an unbelievable season, it seems to have been more of a fluke and he is not getting any younger. Look for the Titans to address the DT position in the offseason, as well. Perhaps the most glaring need for the Titans is the SS position. Despite having Revis, Finnegan, and Griffin in pass defense, the Titans were eaten up through the air. Chris Hope started the year at SS, followed by Nate Schommer, followed by Ko Simpson, and eventually followed by Vincent Fuller. Nothing worked. For the Titans to have ANY chance of making the playoffs again, they MUST address the SS position, either through free agency or through the draft. Last and, yes, least, the Titans need a backup runningback. A real backup runningback, who can be part of a 1,2 punch with Chris Johnson. Javon Ringer has not been the answer, although Anthony Alridge has looked pretty good. The Titans may take a stab at drafting a RB with their 3rd round pick.
    If anyone has any suggestions for free agent pick ups or who to draft, post here. Any strategy advice, post here. Any predictions, post here. Titans management is interested in what YOU, the fans, have to say.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Any interest in 87 Ovr OT McKinnie to bolster that oline?

3. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I would, but I've used up my two annual trades. I'm all out

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Nice thread idea @yankeeyry25

Would anyone else like to do these?

Maybe we could create a separate forum area for like - team overviews and such.

5. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

thanks, @keller. a lot of these personnel ideas are from you, so special thanks

6. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I love this idea, did something similar in my team management thread sort of a self scout. But I kept my draft plans secret, Nice job @Yankeery

7. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

thank you

8. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

u should trade me chris johnson :)

9. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

hes not untouchable. he just costs your whole team ;) @stryder24

10. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

well, CJ can't play defense, so I have to decline. heh

11. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

The Titans addressed their SS need with Keylo Turner at #21 overall, and at #26 overall selected Mike Dutko to supplant Tony Kropoh at the starting RT. In the 2nd round, the Titans made a value pick drafting promising LB Trumaine Dimry, a project player who could see time at OLB. They also drafted the speedster of the draft, WR Broderick Cotton. He should become a regular contributor once he becomes smart enough to find the stadium. In the 3rd round, Vic Bandanjek, the OLB with highly touted coverage skills, was selected and should see time immediately on passing downs.