Titans/Steelers game

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Jan 11, 2011.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Hey board, i feel alseep on jethro last night so we going to have to use the emergency day, if enough ppl complain about another use of the emergency day, then go ahead and sim it. Im spoken with jethro, he will be home around 9p/10p central tonight and i have told him if it has to be simmed, i will get his log in info and sub out all the starters so nobody important will get hurt. Soooo, if yall decide the sim is the best idea, lemme know via 8659735362

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

It shouldn't be a problem, there's already another game using the emergency day due to weather-related problems, that's why I thought something similar may have happened to you. Bears owner chrisdstan was trapped in Alabama after bringing his daughter to college on monday. Not sure where he lives, but he said he couldn't get through Tennessee until today with all the ice storms.

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

indeed, had to park the truck and walk a mile or so cause of all these damn hills lol, claven was giving me hell when i was complaining and he said whats the point of having a truck if its not 4wheel drive, oh well. Tired me out walking back and forth plus working at 5am and my body couldnt take it and i passed out lol, thats about it...

Jethro said by 10p and maybe earlier

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

The Emergency Day is the 5th day of our advance week. If an owner needs the emergency day to get their game so be it. It was implemented to stop owners from waiting to the fifth day then deciding the needs sub or get the game simmed. As long as good communication is taking place, the use use of the emergency day is not frowned upon.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

True. I completely agree with you Jeremy. But we need to be sure that we are exercising all options before we jump to the emergency day. If we start getting too lax about letting anyone and everyone use it, then we might as well go back to a 5 day advance league.

I'm not saying that this, or any of the options that came up, are not viable reasons for an emergency day. BUT....I think we may need to specify what an "emergency" is. Snowstorms, family problems, Acts of God, sickness, THOSE are viable "emergency day" options. Schedules not meshing up during the 4 day play period, in my humble opinion, is not an emergency. It's unfortunate, but not emergency.

I may be in the minority on this, but that is how I feel. Schedules that don't mesh up should be a sim. Fair to both sides as much as Madden can be fair. A player that falls short on meeting a scheduled time gets subbed for. Disconnects are on a case-by-case basis. Sickness, weather, family emergencies, THOSE are emergency day usage.