Title Update Patch Notes

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  2. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

A lot of those changes should not have been left out in the first place like editing players and changing schemes.

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Awesome.

But nothing about the defense pressing for no reason? Grumble....

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

What do you mean by pressing with no reason? The only time I see them press automatically is in most man cover 2 sets and if you are playing straight cover 2 zone. In both cases, the CB's should press in those sets, that is the design of the defense. If you run cover 1, cover 0, cover 3 zone or cover 4 zone the CB's all start 5-8 yards off the WR's.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Apparently I'm an idiot then. Didn't seem to me that Cover 2 should make them press since it leaves a huge hole if they press poorly.

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

The parts I like:

• Fixed an issue where the Accelerated Clock did not function in an online CCM game when the option was set to On.
    • Fixed an issue where you can see rookie overall ratings by accessing the player card of the prospect through Team Needs
    • Fixed an issue where you could not turn on/off GameFlow in CCM

7. capp34

In the past maddens playing man cover 2 did not make the corners press automatically.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.

whats this mean?

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I would assume more than 1 user in an offline CCM. Possibly co-op as well with multiple users controlling the same team. I don't know what multiplayer functionality they have in offline CCM right now though.

10. Dru50

Then it wasn't implementing cover 2 right in the past...at least not how the Tampa-2 works. The whole idea of that defense is that the CBs jam the WRs at the line to mess with route timing and redirect them so that the holes in the zone between the CB and S are harder to attack. If you don't want them to press just use cover 2 sink.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

When I am playing cover 2 man under I don't like how they press.. at least give me an option.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dru50

Not to be an ass....but don't call cover 2 man then? Call cover 1 - the corners don't press in that because they aren't guaranteed safety help over the top. In cover 2 man, you want your corners pressing to take away the short easy throws and try to force the QB to attempt something down the field, where you have 2 safeties helping out. I don't really get how some don't understand this, it's basic defensive football.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Because not everybody understands basic defensive football? Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't have a damn clue what half of the defenses in the game are supposed to do. The extend of my knowledge is that the number after a play call is typically how many safeties drop deep. Cover 2 man has never pressed the corners automatically in other games I've played, so as far as I knew that's how the play is supposed to work. I'll openly admit I'm a complete idiot when it comes to football though, so that's where half of my problem lies :)

14. Dru50

That's fair. I guess I don't follow why if people now know that cover 2 man includes press coverage....and you don't want press coverage....then why call cover 2 man and then complain when they press? Anyhow, I'll just let guys get back to bitching about it I guess.

15. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

My issue was that its never done that in Madden before. And since Madden also doesn't redirect, it just full on presses, it makes Cover 2 kind of suck.

16. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What happens if you play Man 2 and you back off coverage?

I play nearly 80% zone so I have no idea.

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I think they mean 2 man under, not cover 2 man. 2 man under is not the same as the cover 2 concept. 2 man under never pressed auto in madden before and now it does. 2 man under PRESS is also a play yet they both seem to be that play now.

18. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The real issue is that many, many people's "football" knowledge consist solely of Madden.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Not to be an ass- but maybe I want two safeties over the top? You saw how awful atrocious pitiful fucking awful my secondary was.

20. Dru50

So call cover 2 man and back off the coverage. Problem solved.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

and give them an 8 yard cushion? no thank you.

22. capp34

Madden and real football have never been hand in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Dru50

You don't want them to press, you don't want them to play off, I'm not sure what you do want? Is a 4 or 5 yard cushion really any different than 8?

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

In a video game I think so- in real life I agree I would have my guys taught to press if we have two guys over the top, but too many times in the game (at least my) guys wiff and it's an easy completion. Ask JohnnyClutch - in our game his guys whooped my press twice for TD's when it was two man under because I had yet to realize they automatically pressed.

25. Dru50

What is the press rating of your CB's? From what I've seen if you have CB's with really low press ratings they will whiff more often than not, especially when going against a bigger WR with good release.