TLY Coffee Shop

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by CWT 3000, Dec 9, 2013.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Here's a place we can talk about our team's achievements, failures, and expectations.

The Titans are blazing a path this year to the playoffs. After last season when we lost games every conceivable way... this year's team has done the opposite, and has won games in spectacular fashion. When I took over this team they were a dreadful 78 OVR. Today I am proud to have them sitting at an 83 OVR and virtually no weaknesses.

Special teams, defense, and a new offensive PB have all had a hand in pulling wins out of our asses. Locker isn't turning over the ball anymore and the O-line is probably one of (if NOT THE) best line in the game. The Seahawks secondary? Paaaaaalease. This group of McCourty, Verner, Cambell, and Sensabaugh, are all shutting down secondaries! NO MAS! Throw in Rookie MLB- Mosely and this 'D' is nasty.

Getting rid of Britt and replacing him with a cheaper J. Simpson has panned out really well. Simpson fits in well with this bunch. Justin Hunter is a future Superstar and Kendall is already a star on the team. What separates this team from most is their depth at almost every position. Our TE are crazy good too. The flexibility of Walker, Thomson, and Stevens has made this 'O' go.

So as we prepare for the next half of the season. It will be important for us to keep trying new things on offense and 'D'. Staying balanced keeps our opponents of balanced.

We just hope this serendipitous season doesn't end up like the 98 Vikes. They had Anderson... we got Potter the robotic football crusher.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I was hoping more for a cafelu like coffee shop

if you dont know what cafelu is, google

• Like Like x 1
  3. charter04

charter04 Walk On

My accomplishment this year is beating both the teams who were in the Super Bowl this past season.

My failure is the incredible inconsistency we have had. I'm 4-4. My stats are just OK. I lost to a team that has one win, the Eagles. lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I guess I can't complain being 7-1 and only losing to the Vikings.

We're playing well in all phases of the game except our sack numbers are way down from last season (DMVP Junior Galette only has 5 sacks so far, I think he was in double digits this time last year). We're much improved in turnover differential though which has made up for it.

5. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Well, obviously I have a pretty serious hole to dig out of with taking over the Texans. My funds are seriously low at the moment so it's practically going to be impossible to grab any big free agents that may be out there, so I'm pretty much going to have to have a stellar draft to come out with an average team at best.

The team has holes all over the place with the main ones being QB, WR, and the LB's. So with a below average team and a below average skill at Madden, I will probably be the Jaguars of this league for quite some time or the 2012 Texans...

Looking forward to hopefully being able to build up though and become better with each week and season.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Losing Brady hurts. So who is the identity and leader of this team now?

7. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Is your defense capable of taking you to the SB? Will you be able to be more balanced in the playoffs when you won't be able to rely on Brees' arm?

8. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

We have had an interesting season so far in Tampa. My expectations for this team this year was just compete in games and we have been "In" every game this season and we have done that so far and sitting at 3-5 there is still hope for a WC spot. All in all so far this team shows promise for the future and I am excited about that.

9. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

If our sack numbers tick up absolutely.

We've remained pretty balanced, our rushing production has just been split between Ingram and Sproles.

10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

We're more run first/ play action focused. I have been able to take more shots down the field with the Eddie Royal/Mallett combo. On defense we try and force TO's make a offense work to score. We have been much better the last few games.

11. Kcolyer27

Kcolyer27 Walk On

We took over the worst team in the league giants, and have accomplished exactly what We wanted to accomplish so far. Every game has been fun and every game I've learned something new. My user skills have improved tremendously now I am working on expanding my play book and using the other weapons on my team effectively. An undefeated season is within reason with the squad we have right now.

12. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Your RB is a beast. No idea how he's averaging those numbers. I didn't even think he was the best RB in the draft. So props to you.

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

you forgot the sarcasm font...

• Like Like x 1
  14. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Sorry I have not played him, so it's over my head.

15. Kcolyer27

Kcolyer27 Walk On

Thank you for the kind words CWT 3000 . KnightNoles you are a funny man, you should give some props when it's due it would probably help your performance.

16. KnightNoles

Looking forward to playing again :sneaky:

17. Kcolyer27

Kcolyer27 Walk On

18. KnightNoles

Doubtful, only play league games.

19. Kcolyer27

Kcolyer27 Walk On

Welp, that's why you lose them :)

Practice makes perfect. Anyone wanna play?

20. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

[​IMG]

The Colts have exceeded expectations and disappointed so far. They have found great success against most every team not named the Titans, which is unfortunate considering they both reside in the AFC South. The Colts were able to add quite a few new players this past offseason, as well as 1 big addition following week 3. HB Stevan Ridley has been everything the team was hoping for when they sent next year's first round pick to New England for him. Ridley is 5th in the NFL in rushing and in strong contention for some end of season awards. WR Ryan Swope, who came over from Philly in the offseason, has developed into a stud on the outside. Swope leads the team in receiving and is looking to make his first pro bowl.

Going forward, its unrealistic to think the Titans will collapse, so a division title will have to wait for next year. Qualifying for the playoffs as a wild card is realistic and the number 1 goal at this time. Continuing to improve and develop young talent is a close second. This wasn't supposed to be "the" year. But it has a chance to be special nonetheless.

Some players who have progressed nicely so far...

[​IMG] SWOPE.PNG
    [​IMG] upload_2013-12-16_15-12-26.png
    [​IMG] Sherels.PNG
    [​IMG] coale.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  21. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

And I forgot him

[​IMG] ROSS.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Well offensively, we switched PB's and it's made Geno a much more accurate passer...between the guys getting better all around and a PB that suits his talents a bit better. I been disappointed in the run game but on second notice, it looks like I'm just not running ENOUGH. Partially because I get behind so damn quickly...Goodson is progressing into a complete back which I like...

This defense is a complete sieve. Cro is so inconsistent...he'll shut down WR's then give up big plays. My boys down on the line can't stop the run game for shit, mostly because of the broken 3-4 defense BS. 4-3, I don't have the personnel for it, I'm just trying anything to stop that side of the ball. My corners act stupid sometimes it's frustrating. I'm trying a few things to make it better but on defense, I'm just not having a good time containing opposing offenses.

• Like Like x 3
  23. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Wow just realized Peyton Manning is out for 48 weeks with a broken ankle. Nice retirement party the Vikes gave him. JSimms

24. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Funny thing was...the CPU got him hurt running the read option :ROFLMAO:; seems legit to me!

25. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Well the Titans hope of a Championship run went down the shitter last night. Injuries are starting to pile up! The Titans and Ravens played in a slug fest, with every tackle feeling like a close-line from the top turnbuckle. It was WWE RAW.