TLY Mock Draft V2

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by HotRod, Oct 15, 2013.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    1. Giants: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
    The Giants are in bad shape right now two year removed from a Super Bowl win. While Jason Pierre-Paul is heading into the prime of his career, Justin Tuck is declining and hasn't been a factor for a couple seasons now. Clowney has been projected to be the number one pick since he was a sophomore, no reason for the Giants to pass up on this freak and put him alongside one of the best DEs in the game.

2. Packers: Jake Matthews, T, Texas A&M
    It is surprising that the Packers are in this position at this point in the season. Their struggles can be tied to some offensive line woes, particularly at right tackle. Jake Matthews, son of hall of famer Bruce Matthews would be a great addition to the Packers O-line. He could spend a couple seasons at RT and eventually move to LT, he is that good.

3. Titans: Marquise Lee, WR, USC
    It's clear that the Titans have given up on Kenny Britt as reports say that they are shopping him around. We figure at this point the Titans will select one of the top two WRs in this position, we believe that Lee is the best out of the class with elite hands and route running. Those skills will help Jake Locker further his development and they could become a solid duo for years to come.

4. Colts: De'Anthony Thomas, HB, Oregon
    The Colts need to give Andrew Luck more toys on offense as their offense has struggled to score points this season. Why not take a player who looks like he's out of a video game? Thomas, one of the most dynamic players in college football would give Luck a weapon in the backfield. While this may be early for Thomas, we feel that it's time for the Colts to get a back who can make plays, maybe in the vein of a Marshall Faulk.

5. Cardinals: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
    It's time to get Carson Palmer out of there. The Cardinals are clearly in need of a quarterback. They haven't had any luck at the position since the retirement of Kurt Warner. I see the Cardinals taking Teddy Bridgewater here. A lot of experts have Bridgewater as the #1 QB in this draft class and he would be a great fit for the Cards. Larry Fitzgerald would be the happiest man in this situation as he's had some pretty crappy QBs throwing to him for several seasons now.

6. Chargers: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
    Chargers decided to end the Phillip Rivers era at the onset of the new ownership. While they have been starting unknown QB Matt Blanchard, he is clearly not the solution long term. With the upcoming opening of a new stadium in San Diego, they need their 1st round pick to be someone to excite the fan base. Look no further than the controversial Johnny Manziel. We all know about his offseason transgressions but there is no denying he is a playmaker and that is something that the Chargers desperately need.

7. Chiefs (from Cowboys): Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
    We think the Chiefs take the next WR on the board here. We feel like the Chiefs will value Watkins superior athleticism over Lee's skills so they would be happy to get their man here. They can't go wrong either way. They are getting lucky that the Cowboys are struggling at this point in the season and will potentially have a top ten pick at their disposal.

8. Bears: Cyril Richardson, G, Baylor
    Chicago scored with Kyle Long last year, they could use another guard on the other side and right now Cyril Richardson looks like the best of the class. With two young guards the offensive line could develop into one of the best units in the league which will help open up more running lanes for Matt Forte and put less pressure on Jay Cutler.

9. Steelers: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Big jump in the mock for Sefarian-Jenkins. We think the Steelers could use a big athletic TE to go with their undersized speedy WRs. A great pass catching TE is a QBs best friend and Sefarian-Jenkins could fit into that role very well. He has been compared to Rob Gronkowski by some NFL scouts and that is quite the compliment for the kid from Washington. He doesn't have to be like Gronkowski but he has the potential to be a big piece in a high powered offense.

10. Falcons: Taylor Lewan, T, Michigan
    Matt Ryan has been sacked a bunch this year and it's clear that the offensive line has been an issue for a few seasons now. It's time for Atlanta to shore up their offensive line. Lewan is considered 1b as far as tackles go and can protect Ryan's blindside for many years to come. The Falcons have to take a lineman here, it is their biggest need.

11. Bucs: A.J. Johnson, MLB, Tennessee
    We're not sure about the future of Josh Freeman so the Bucs could potentially look at a QB here but they need to find a MLB. A.J. Johnson makes sense here for a defense that is only a couple pieces away from becoming a really formidable unit.

12. Ravens: C.J. Mosley, MLB, Alabama
    Baltimore needs to find the next Ray Lewis, if that is possible. Mosley is regarded as the best MLB in the class and comes from one of the best college defense at Alabama. He's ready to start from day one and could be the next great linebacker for the Ravens.

13. Broncos: Adrian Hubbard, ROLB, Alabama
    After fax-gate last offseason caused the departure of Elvis Dumervil, the Broncos have a hole at OLB opposite Von Miller. Adrian Hubbard could be a good fit here as a guy who can rush the QB and play in space. Considering the attention that Von Miller gets, there is potential for Hubbard to make a lot of plays in the Bronco defense.

14. Texans: Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame
    Houston already has one of the best 3-4 DEs in the game in J.J. Watt. Imagine how much better their defense can be with a disruptive nose tackle. Louis Nix III has been one of the best players of the Notre Dame defense for the past two seasons and combining him with Watt will make the Texans defense scary.

15. Eagles: Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre DameThere is no telling what Philadelphia will do with Michael Vick as he is slated to become a FA after this season, but as they are in the middle of a transition to 3-4 defense, they need the proper personnel, especially on the defensive line. Tuitt is a mammoth 3-4 DE who will be an adequate piece of the puzzle on the defense. Tuitt is excellent vs the run and will occupy linemen allowing for the Eagles linebackers to make plays.

16. Jaguars: Tahj Boyd, QB, Clemson
    Since the first version of the mock things have gotten interesting in the first half of the draft. There are a lot of underacheiving teams that already have their QBs so even though the Jags are doing better than expected they can still get their QB of the future at 16. Boyd may not be as dynamic as a Johnny Manziel or highly touted as a Teddy Bridgewater, but he is a proven winner and a tough as nails QB. Maybe Boyd can reignite the Jags fan base and provide some hope for the future in Jacksonville.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    17. Bills: Jordan Mathews, WR, Vanderbilt
    After trading Stevie Johnson, Buffalo needs another weapon for E.J. Manuel to throw to. A change from last mock, we now have Vanderbilt's Jordan Matthews coming to the podium to get a Bills jersey. Matthews has been a great WR for the Commodores and would be a great target for Manuel moving forward.

18. Patriots: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
    Coleman is a huge target at 6'6". If he refines his route running he could be a steal at this position as he is a matchup nightmare for any CB. Gronkowski can't do it by himself and Brady has thrown more INTs than expected due to the lack of quality WRs this season.

19. Browns: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State
    It appears that Brandon Weeden has found his groove and possibly has bought himself more time as the Browns QB. Things may change by the end of the season but we now will project the Brownies to take a hometown WR here. Archer is a smaller WR but is great in space and would be great in the slot for Weeden.

20. Rams: Lache Seastrunk, HB, Baylor
    Seastrunk is falling in our mock but it's not for lack of talent. There just isn't the same demand for HBs in the first round in today's NFL. Rams could use a legit number one back and Seastrunk's speed and power would be great on the turf in St. Louis. The Rams are slowing putting it together with a talented young roster.

21. 49ers: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
    San Francisco has a wealth of talent but even they have some room for improvement. Two positions they can look to upgrade is nose tackle and OLB oppositve Aldon Smith. We'll give them the talented Jernigan here but there's really no telling what SF will do.

22. Lions: Aaron Lynch, DE, USF
    The Lions drafted Ziggy Ansah last season but still could use another end on the other side. We feel like Lynch will be a great fit here and provide a dangerous front four in Detroit. Pretty soon defense and Detroit can be synonymous.

23. Jets: Terrance Brooks, FS, Florida State
    It appears the Jets scored with Geno Smith and suddenly their offense is viable. The Jets defense still has a few holes and While SS Dawan Landry is leading the league in INTs they could use an upgrade at FS. At the moment it's tough to pick from the FS group but we'll go with Brooks being the first off the board.

24. Panthers: Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
    Carolina could use a WR here as Steve Smith isn't getting any younger and they have the likes of Brandon LaFell and Ted Ginn Jr. playing significant snaps. However it seems like they can make do with those guys for now. Cornerback is a big need for the Panthers and right now we feel that Purifoy will end up being the best CB of the class. However at this moment none of the CBs are projected to be 1st rounders so this is a shot in the dark.

25. Bengals: Anthony Barr, ROLB, UCLA
    The Bengals have drafted extremely well the past few years and are suddenly stacked. They may be able to go BPA here but since James Harrison is getting up there in age they could draft 3-4 LB Barr here as the OLB in waiting.

26. Chiefs: Colt Lyerla, TE, Washington
    We believe the Chiefs could go offense again and give Alex Smith another weapon in addition to Sammy Watkins. A great pass catching TE is a QBs best friend and Lyerla could fit into that role very well. While we highlighted the comparisons of Sefarian-Jenkins to Rob Gronkowski, Lyerla compares to Aaron Hernandez (minus the murder). Lyerla is a do it all guy at Oregon and he could give Buffalo the ability to be more creative with their offensive sets. a high powered offense.

27. Saints: Lamin Barrow, MLB, LSU
    Jonathan Vilma may be on his way out and Curtis Lofton has been hurt so it would be wise for the Saints to get a young linebacker here. Fans would be excited to get a kid from their backyard. LSU is knows for their defense and Barrow has been performing well in college.

28. Dolphins, Ka'Deem Carey, HB, Arizona
    Miami has had a lot of success running the back despite not having a big time HB. This may not be a position of need but Carey could be a good back in the Dolphins run heavy system. This is another team that is hard to predict what they will do in the draft.

29. Rams (from Redskins): Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    St. Louis with their second 1st round pick from the RG3 trade will look to add a piece to their offensive line. It makes sense for them to go with a guard here as they need to open up the run game. It all depends on how their draft board shapes up.

30. Vikings: Craig Loston, SS, LSU
    Minnesota traded for Sam Bradford and have solved their QB woes for now. There are some holes on that defense particularly at OLB, MLB and SS, but if they are to go BPA for one of those positions, Craig Loston is their best bet.

31. Bills (from Seahawks): Avery Williamson, MLB, Kentucky
    Middle linebacker is a position of need for the Bills defense and Buffalo could use their 2nd first round pick to address it. Williamson is one of top tacklers in the nation and would be great making plays behind a stout defensive line.

32. Raiders: DE James Gayle, Virginia Tech
    We're starting to think the Raiders go defense and look to solidify their defensive line with a physical defensive end that can put pressure on the QB.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  3. HotRod

Featured Threads:
  4. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

Nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I can see myself drafting Coleman

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

So how to do i get the #1 pick?

• Like Like x 1
  7. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Rumors are flying out of Miami that they could be looking for an OL. Also a SS as contract negotiations with reshod jones are not going as planned.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Outstanding! Lets see if these boys value the oline for what they really do!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

OL in the 1st? come on man!

10. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

LOL, exactly, I love stacking first round oline while guys grabbing 60 rated CBs with speed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I can't afford another OL with my guards both making $7m+ a season. Gotta resign my center too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

on point ……

13. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

HotRod stay tryin to get me to get Jonny.

But I've heard from the sources of a sources source, that Blanchard might be the one the Chargers coaches are drooling over. He as achieved much more than any would have imagined. It's lookin like though depending on who the coach is, they will do everything they can to trade down.

Speaking of..... HotRod any rules/restrictions on hiring/firing cosches?

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Nope, do as you please

• Like Like x 1
  15. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

Chicago definitely needs help on the oline.

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

What's wrong with Kyle? I'll take him off your hands...

17. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    You need more than one guy for a good line...

18. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

You must not know the legend of Kyle Long. If you only knew, then you would know Kyle Long is all that's needed. His is a one man offensive line.

I NEED HIM!!!!!

19. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    There will be plenty of OL to go around. Most guys won't bother drafting O line early.

20. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

Over half my line is rated on the low 70's. Not conducive to running the football.

21. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Titans have a lot of flexibility with a top 5 pick. Could do a QB, SS, WR, or LB.

22. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

In other words I'm not tipping my hand:)

23. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

... oh, and Britt is out another 7 weeks. So that makes 14 outta 17 weeks he was hurt. Awesome. I can guarantee he's outta Tennessee.

24. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

3 of my line were in the low to mid 70s, bergstrom/briesel/barnes. No problem running, that is why i would never pick OL 1st

25. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

Awesome post HotRod. I too am surprised at how well I'm doing. It would ve nice to draft Tahj Boyd.