TLY Pre Season Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by CWT 3000, Dec 3, 2012.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Fresh off the press- the votes are in and the pundits are already speculating about who'll make a run for the Super Bowl!

Let's start with the trash...

32. [​IMG]
    This team may need directions to the stadium this year. Cap issues and talent issues. I expect it to be a long season in St. Louis... again.

31.[​IMG]
    Seemingly every year this team struggles and this year shoudn't be any different. This team needs to learn magic if it wants to see the playoffs.

30.[​IMG]
    What needs to be said? The Fins need to figure out that more points than the other team means a win. The draft was supposed to be a priority for this group, but that looks lost.

29.[​IMG]
    The Brown are headed to the Super Bowl... just not the kind that hands out pretty trophies. The team has the defenses, but the offenses is still missing. A shame really... Viking fans can relate.

28.[​IMG]
    This team let Kurt Warner go to Buffalo. They had a chance to right the ship and make a run at the SB with Warner, but noooooo'ooo they had other bright ideas. Maybe they're waiting on Steve Young to comeback.

27.[​IMG]
    They let Manning go. Congrats you have a defense now capable of stopping the pass and run game, but now you have no offense. Cleveland Brown 2.0

26.[​IMG]
    This team should be ranked much worse, but I have a feeling coach Randiesel75 will have them playing at an ultra high level. Plus they have Tim Teebow, who should will the team to a couple of victories.

25.[​IMG]
    Kurt Warner or not thay still have to get the ball to WR's. Can Stevie Johnson be the next Fitz... nope. The new coach needs to whoop this lazy ass of clown rejects into something worthy of a football team.

24.[​IMG]
    They have the defense, but I think the Vikes, GB, and Detroit might slightly be better within the division. We'll see as this is my sleeper pick to sneak in the playoffs, as I like the FA talent they added and the Draft went well for them in my humble opinion.

23.[​IMG]
    Probably could have gone defense in the draft. Rookie WR Prendergast will be a star for years to come, but it might go unoticed with that defenses of theirs. I expect many shootouts in the near future.

22.[​IMG]
    The Cowgirls need to wake up. Jerry Jones is no longer calling the shots so it's now or never. Rookie QB Romeo will challenge Romo for the starting job, but either way I think the team falls short of it's goals.

21.[​IMG]
    The Titans new coach brizz98 has his sytem in place, but will it translate into wins? I think this team is one more year away form the playoffs.

20.[​IMG]
    I see the Buccs taking a step back this year. They added some good pieces to their system, but the other teams in the league got just as good or better. Playing in the NFC south is going to be a challenge for this squad.

19.[​IMG]
    The 3rd best team in their division. They need to work on defense and not just throwing the ball to Calvin. Balance will be key to this offense. Otherwise this team is hit or miss.

18.[​IMG]
    Manning is in town now, but I feel the price was to high for him. They lost some key players all around- so I see them staying in the middle of the pack.

17.[​IMG]
    Maybe they prove me wrong and make the playoffs. Adding Boss-man in the draft makes them better. They already win underachiever's of the year award.

16.[​IMG]
    RGIII will push this team towards the playoffs, but fall short. They'll need to win the division to make it in. The NFC is too tough to hope for a Wild Card.

15.[​IMG]
    New head coach fuzzyl0gic has done some nice drafting and has this squad ready. The defense they have will be tough this season and I expect them to challenge the 49ers for division rights.

14.[​IMG]
    The Ravens are another year older and the loss of Ray Lewis to retirement is huge. They should have an up-and-down season and maybe push for the playoffs, but i don't see it. Joe isn't elite like he thinks at QB.

13.[​IMG]
    They may make a run for the division, but the Colts are favorites. Too close to call here, but new coach Masler needs to win some early games. They have all the talent in the world, but can the coach keep them firing on all cylinder? I have my doubts about Matt S. arm strength and it may cost them a few games.

12.[​IMG]
    A. Rodgers is still got it, but how about the run game? Will teams figure out how to stop GB? Stay tuned.

11.[​IMG]
    This team could be scary good. It will come down to cornerbacks. Are there enough of them in the league to slow down this unit? Saints went out and added CB depth just to contain this circus. Matt Ryan just has to NOT throw the ball to other teams players.

10.[​IMG]
    The 49ers need to figure out how to beat the Saints in order to go anywhere. I no doubt think this team makes the playoffs, but how far will that get them? They don't hand out trophies for nothing. The window in SF is closing and it's now or never.

9.[​IMG]
    Brady and company parted ways with TE Aaron Hernandez and brought in Gates in a shocking move that makes no sense to anybody with sense. They will have a good year as the draft was kind to them again.

8.[​IMG]
    This is going to be a really good team. Don't let me regret the high ranking PAgamer07. I see them winning a weak division and sneaking into the playoffs. It will come down to who is still on the team come opening day.

7.[​IMG]
    This was a good team last year and only got better. They stole De La Puenta from the Saints during FA and made a handful of key acquisitions. They could challenge for the conference championship.

6.[​IMG]
    Maybe this team is better than the #6 ranking, but I have a hard time justifying it. They are old and lost a key player to retirement. Still though this is a dangerous team looking to get back to the SB.

5.[​IMG]
    Hmmmm something tells me this might be too high this early on, but Kidofcrash23 has this team playing well and to his liking. the AFC west should provide them with 5 wins (split with SD) so all they have to do is NOT fuck-up. Part of me feels McFadden is going to see the ER a few times this year.

4.[​IMG]
    Great team with all the parts to motor down to the Super Bowl. Dalton is still kicking himself over the number of INT's he threw against Pittsburgh during last season playoff game. He's better than that and I expect this team to get revenge.

3. [​IMG]
    After losing in OT to the Vikes in the NFC Conference championship game, this team is hungry for sweet payback. They had a decent draft and brought in Nate Clements to help the secondary. I was pleasantly surprised to find out our 3rd round draft pick is a stud CB as well out of Mizz.

2. [​IMG]
    I don't know how they do it, but this team is playing lights out for Gngsta4Lyphe. I expect Luck to do even better year 2. Look out league.

1. [​IMG]
    Untill someone figures out a way to stop AP they will continue to beat teams. They aren't flashy... just hardnosed players willing to get dirty. JSimms will be public enemy number 1 this season.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I unloaded an aging 10M a year tight end who will probably retire, get injured, or drop off in skills soon for a young guy who is quicker, faster, better elisiveness, makes just about every catch in the book, and he is only about 24! And I think I owe him less than 1M this season! The Chargers are :)! With Gronk coming back for NE Gates won't be needed much but he should at least keep people from double teaming Gronk every play and adds some nice name value at the very least ;). The old TE is still dependable but just wont stretch the defense like Hernandez! I guess we will just wait and see how this one turns out.

3. ZREX17

ZREX17 Walk On

I hope I'll be able to prove this wrong this year and finish in the middle of the pack at least. I like my team and feel it is going to be an interesting season.

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Damn I come to the wrong Division :( 2 guys in the top 10? I'm fucked. Need to pull a few upsets. And i think i can with Peyton. I bolstered my defense with my my FA pick up of Elam. Hoping it all works out. Playoffs would be nice at least.

Also love how i'm the only helmet on the Right. Individuality FTW

• Like Like x 1
  5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nice write-up man, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm most concerned about my oline and QB play at this point. My defense has be the best unit I've ever had in Madden. I love my tall ass corners and hard hitting safeties/LBs.

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Pryor first game as starter, 5 ints. Maybe I should stick with carson

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I could fall behind quickly with two possible cpu division games including one against you. I'm concerned with all the transition going on with the HC of SD and making a huge move in season..... I would have liked to do this in the offseason but I graduate on Friday! Looks like the Bolts will be playing catch-up.

8. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Looking forward to the challenge this year as we all get a full year with our respective teams.

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

@cwt3000, I drafted a few corners for just that reason :p

I also resent the Jaguars at 31. They finished 9-7 last year!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Just glad you left the AFC! Its never good when you have to race for a wildcard against the Jaguars! The Jags should always be an automatic dissapointment but not with you at the helm.

11. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Do you know if we play this year? :p

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Great post.

I'm hoping the shift to Tebow helps bring in some confidence and gets the fans back behind us, starting with Fireman Ed !

• Like Like x 1
  13. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Great post. Cincinnati is just missing a premier HB.

14. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Cedric Benson is in the FA pool.

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Step into my office....

16. DU55

DU55 Walk On

I hardly call him premier. I'm a real life Bengals fan and after the attitude he had last season I couldn't bring myself to play with him.

17. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nice writeup man. All signs point to Rookie QB Frankie Henderson out of Missouri taking the reigns. Should be an interesting year.

18. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

He was the QB for my stud WR Tyler Prendergrast. We're eskimo brothers. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  19. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

#6? Ouch... that hurts!

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

WHO DEY! Same here my friend :D

• Like Like x 1
  21. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Good thing is its just pre-season. Use it as motivation.

22. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Steelers was the best player i played last year. Not knocking JSimms but RRAHx2 was great and idk how i won. That defense was nasty

• Like Like x 1
  23. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I was unsuccessful in replacing Harrison though.. don't know how I will fill that gap this year. I didn't think he was considering retirement. 4 CCM's I have finished the 1st season and this was the only one he retired in. :(

24. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

You beat me pretty easily without him! Steelers were also the toughest team I played....

25. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

CWT 3000 This was great content man. Thanks for putting in the time!

• Like Like x 1