TLY season-1 offseason schedule

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by Randiesel75, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

As we close in on week-15 of season #1 in The Longest Yard I want to start thinking about the timings for offseason. With our current pace the league is projected to hit the offseason during the week of Thanksgiving. To that effect, this adds a few extra days to the offseason as I will be enforcing a holiday schedule since many of us will be traveling to spend this time with our families.

Please advise if any issues or questions with the above schedule. The main goal is to have the NFL draft on Sunday late afternoon to accommodate most diaries. The timeslot is not firm, just an assumption (4pm) and can be moved based on feedback from the coaches.

Please note there is a scroll bar listed above, just a bit disconnected from the actual content.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Wow, 9 days until we hit the Wild Card round and not one peep on this post.

Rather assume all 27 owners are in agreement, please acknowledge receipt of this post and advise if any questions or concerns.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Well after starting the season 2-7, the Falcons are the hottest team in the league with a 5 game winning streak. Atlanta will need to win out and get some help but there is hope. What a cinderella story that would be if teh Flacons could make a run......

• Like Like x 1
  5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Your proposed schedule looks good to me. Obviously, once the Super Bowl is played we can advance to the first offseason stage, possibly earlier than Monday.

6. dakota7

Also, I have not drafted in Madden before. What can we expect? Is this only done on the Xbox? How much time between picks? Am I able to set a draft list that the CPU would follow for me if I were absent?

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Exactly, which will give the coaches time to start scouting. The scouting can be done right up until the draft, which is why I set some time between stage-5 and the draft. I believe draft stories will keep coming, so I will be using the day before the draft (Saturday) for my scouting session.

This is uncharted territory for most of us. You cannot draft from the CCM website and there are no such draft lists that can be setup in advance. I am sure this is similar to fantasy whereby is may auto-select the next best if the clock runs out on you. It looks like 2 minutes are slotted between picks, but the commissioner can pause if there are issues.

8. dakota7

Thanks. So its a total roll of the dice if you can't make it. I'm assuming the use of a sub is permitted.

9. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

yes, Sir

10. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

DU55 would you be able to fill in for me for the draft? I don't want to waste my good draft pick this year because weekends are tough for me as I am always traveling.

11. DU55

DU55 Walk On

TheRealHalupka

I wouldn't mind at all ol buddy but I will have to miss it as well because ill be at work all day Sunday.

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

That's what this thread is for, to discuss the schedule posted. I picked Sunday as that was most likely the time when most would be able to make it. I say this from my experience here with NCAA and offseason scheduling with a group. Granted the groups were never as large as this, but this is where my data comes from.

13. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Sundays later afternoons and nights are usually good for me.

14. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Saturday night would work better for me although with a league tis size I understand if it has to take place on a Sunday and I miss it.

15. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I'm just curious - at our current pace, how many seasons do we expect to get in before the next game's release?? (i'm too lazy/busy to do the math myself!)

16. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

based on current pace with the game releasing end of august and taking 3 full months to complete one season and offseason, max would be about 4 which is assuming the league remains active.

17. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Im open on sundays usually. So sundays would be best

18. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

19. thecajunnacho78

thecajunnacho78 Walk On

Sunday might not work for me cause I always work the late shift on Sundays. If I could get a sub then it wouldnt bother me at all for a late Sunday draft, but other wise I would like to request another day. But at the same time I completely understand if yall decide not to. My vote would be for a later date though. Monday is always the best day for me.

20. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Guys,

I reformatted the offseason spreadsheet for readability onto a single page (too wide initially).

As we get closer, I will add more content to the original post (OP). Also, the tracker will grow to accommodate the draft order (additional tab) once season #1 has officially ended. This should help as we plan for the offseason and scouting becomes critical and coaches setup their draft boards.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  21. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Coaches,

The playoffs are here !!!

As we have reached the 2012 Wildcard Playoff round we are now following the offseason schedule. Please note the current schedule published in the original post (OP) in this very thread. Now, understand this is a more aggressive schedule than the league default pace (semi-weekly), but with less games there should be no reason this pace (48-hours) cannot be met. If there are situations whereby we improve on the current timings, we will advance ahead of schedule. However, let me be clear that the NFL draft is static and will be hosted on Sunday, 12-02-2012.

DU55

CPU​

CPU​

22. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Good Luck to all in the playoffs this year.

The Ravens will be looking to rebound and cut down on turnovers heading into 2013.

23. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

How'd that work out for ya:)

24. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Well another 5 picks later....

#1 offense, but the worst in TO margin. Still pretty impressive I would say to finish 8-8 with a QB throwing 50+ int's. And I think I might have even beaten the Saints during my streak?!?!

So watch out next year , I could go undefeated only throwing 30 picks :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

It is pretty amazing to see you close out 8-8 on the season. I mean, 50 picks is an impressive number. I don't think Sanchez had that many completions!

• Like Like x 1