TMFL 11

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by sowerss, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

Thrilling loss stuns Saints to open NFL Season.

Well the defending "Who Dey" Saints could not stop the monster that is Adrian Peterson. Down 14-0 early the saints regrouped to take a commanding 27-14 lead. Vikings stuck to the game plan though, and it turned out to be a wise decision pounding the ball and playing good defense to take a 35-27 lead with 47 seconds left on the clock.

The saints drove and caught R Bush across the middle to score with 2 seconds on the clock, now the only question was can they get the 2 to tie it up?

Of course they can, on a sweep right with P Thomas they bounced in for an easy 2 point conversion. Saints win the coin toss and with the new overtime rules this added some excitement to the crowd to witness two high powered teams. Saints continued to drive but stalled @ the 50. A kick gave the vikings the ball on the 20.

A Peterson breaks a 10 yd run to open the series. Next play AP decides to finish the game off by shedding 3 tackles and rumbling for 60 yds into the end zone.

Super exciting but heart breaking game to open the season off for the saints, only time will tell if they have the heart and swagger they did last year to bounce back and get back to the playoffs.

Some post game quotes from the Saints:

D Brees "Well I obviously didn't do enough to give us the victory, hell of a game by R Bush kept us in contention but I am definately regretting some reads that led to turnovers, we can't turn the ball over and I will have to improve on that for us to have any chance at a repeat."

R Bush "Man you see... with all this heisman speculation stuff I was ready tonight, I wanna apologize again to the USC faithful for my indiscretions but man can ya blame me? This just sucks... can't wait to see those purple **** again..."

Coach S Payton "Well you gotta hand it to the vikings tonight they came out ready to play and we weren't... I'm going to do everything I can to get this team back to where we belong and with the long week I think we'll have plenty of time to prepare for our next opponent."

2. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Great game, Sowers!

Favre's return to the field was overshadowed by a record-breaking 296-yard, 4 TD game by Adrian Peterson today. Favre actually kept the Saints in the game with 3 costly INT's, including a terrible one to end the first half that was taken back for a Saints TD. Coach Simmons stuck to the gameplan of "pounding the rock," which saw them come back from a 27-14 deficit late in the 2nd half.

Defensive POG was undoubtedly Jarred Allen, who scored twice on a 73-yard interception return and a game-changing 67-yard fumble return with 58 seconds left to give the Vikings a 35-27 lead. The Saints never gave up, and scorched the Viking D for 464 total yards; the defense will need to be much better if they're going to compete for an NFC Norse crown this year.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Seems like a good game

~Could you put the Week and matchup in the title next time please. That way we can seperate between this version of the game and last year's until we have 'em pushed down and off the first page, thanks~

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Week-1 = Browns (3) @ Buccaneers (24)

An excellent first win for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to start off the 2011 NFL season.

If this game had ended at halftime, this would have perhaps been the most boring game in NFL history. Why? At the half, the score was a low 3-0 to the Browns favor. Perhaps the storyline in the Tampa tribune would have read "New year, same old Bucs!"

However, whatever was said in the Tampa locker room at half-time, it worked. This team came out of the tunnel determined to win. Determined not to be called the same old Bucs. And they proved that, winning 24-3.

NOTABLES:
    The player of the game went to Cadillac Williams who finished with 103 yards on the day with a pair of TDs. Josh Freeman also finished up the day with a TD on his own by a 14 yard scramble. Derrick Ward also had a strong day sharing some of the load at RB. In 6 rushes, he averaged a little over 8 yards per carry.

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Week-1 = Browns (3) @ Buccaneers (24)

An excellent first win for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to start off the 2011 NFL season.

If this game had ended at halftime, this would have perhaps been the most boring game in NFL history. Why? At the half, the score was a low 3-0 to the Browns favor. Perhaps the storyline in the Tampa tribune would have read "New year, same old Bucs!"

However, whatever was said in the Tampa locker room at half-time, it worked. This team came out of the tunnel determined to win. Determined not to be called the same old Bucs. And they proved that, winning 24-3.

NOTABLES:
    The player of the game went to Cadillac Williams who finished with 103 yards on the day with a pair of TDs. Josh Freeman also finished up the day with a TD on his own by a 14 yard scramble. Derrick Ward also had a strong day sharing some of the load at RB. In 6 rushes, he averaged a little over 8 yards per carry.

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I would have loved to have seen this game. Between AP and Bush, this looked like a nasty game on the ground.

7. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Week 1 Scores

Redskins 35
    Cowboys 17

Romo had a rough 1st half as he threw 4 INTs, 2 by DeAngelo Hall. One of those went for a TD. McNabb was very efficient with limited work going 9-12, 140 yds and 4 TD as he didn't throw in the 2nd half. Clinton Portis added 70 yards rushing.

8. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Seattle Gets Gored at home.

TMFL week one when hope springs eternal.

Quest Field and the Seahawks sporting lime green jersies welcomed in the 49ers.

First quarter was a scoreless punt-fest as both teams felt each other out. San fran featured their stellar LBs corps in the 34 base D and played it well all game limiting the hawks meager running game to only 30 yards. as the Seattle ball-carriers constantly found themselves hit and taken down in the backfield.

Seattle found some success hitting quick precision passes and scored the game (and seasons) first TD, a short strike on a crossing route to rookie WR Golden Tate. then things started unravelling, as Olindo mare shanked the XP and left seattle with a 6 point and 5 minutes to play in the half.

San-Fran meandered on a quarter consuming drive kept alive by Montana-like passing from underachieving QB Alex Smith. Seattle stiffened in the redzone however and forced a 3rd and 7 from the 11. 'Frisco called their final timeout with 5 seconds showing and 3rd and long. Elected to go for the score.

As luck would have it somehow Vernon Davis got open. well not really open. He was pinned between 2 Dbs and the endline and Smith threw it anyway, and got away with it. As Davis turned in a toe-dragging heart-breaking, coaching-logic-defying catch. Nedney's kick gave the '9ers a lead 7-6 at half.

From there it was all over but the crying. Gore and the OL started to exert their will, starting the 2nd half with a 7+ minute drive for 7, Davis again.
    nedney added a FG, and Gore broke a 46 yarder on 3rd and 2 against a sellout run blitz.

Seattle would put together a drive late and score to TE Carleson on 4th and 5. but miss the 2 point conversion and Onside try.

FINAL: SF 24-12.

Notables:
    Neither team had a turnover, (Gore fumbled in the 2nd quarter but '9ers recovered.
    Both teams missed kickoffs out of bounds. (Thankyou EA)
    Defensively SEA MLB Lofa Tatupu racked up 11 solo tackles.
    Sacks: SEA: Clemons, Curry, SF: Lawson.

GG Deja.

9. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Ravens 42 Jets 26

Tough game the whole way much closer than score. Both teams struggled with special teams as kickers struggled to make FGs and XPs. The Jets missed an xp and later had to try to go for 2 to tie it back up and failed. Put them in a hole.

Flacco was unspectacular against the tough Jets defense going 10 of 22 for 100yds and 1td 1int

Rice shouldered the load carrying 20 times for 201yds 3 tds

Defensively Suggs added 2 sacks as Webb and Reed each added interceptions to the cause. Next week the Ravens have to travel to play division rival Cincy.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That's what I'm talking about, the NFC Beast getting it in, lol... the division is still mine until proven otherwise

11. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Colts 17
    Texans 16

A very close game all around.

Highlighted by an impressive one handed grab in the 4th quarter by Reggie Wayne that gave the Colts the lead.

With time still left on the clock late in the 4th quarter Dwight Freeney managed to sack Matt Schaub on 3rd down to knock the Texans out of field goal range and preserve the lead and allow the offense to run out the clock on the next possession.

The game was also marred by the kicking meter lag resulting in 2 missed FGs by the Colts and a missed XP by the Texans =/.

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

[​IMG] Week-1 = Browns (3) @ Buccaneers (24)

NOTABLES:

13. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    CHILD PLEASE!

[​IMG]

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I dropped 3 INT's that hit my guys in the hands. That catch by Reggie was sweet. Missed XP came back to bite me in the ass. GG Matrix. Freeney was in my jock all fn game.

15. dejavu1

dejavu1 Walk On

Great summary by SC. SF/Gore stuck to the run and Alex Smith made some clutch/lucky 3rd down conversions going 16/18 passes for just under 200 yards. 9ers are looking to build from this game and Singletary left the game w/o putting his foot up a player's ass....we'll see how long that lasts as the Saints are next.

16. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Arizona @ St. Louis

St. Louis killed it self with unfortunate turnovers. With the game 17-10 at halftime, Stephen Jackson fumbled on the first play of the 2nd half. The Cards took advantage to make it 24-10. After the Rams punted on there next series, the Cards were forced to punt it back and Donnie Avery put it on the ground which the Cardinals turned into another score to make it 31-10. The Cardinal had put it away up 21, but CONTINUED TO PASS the ball. Adding insult to injury with a long pass with 4 minutes to go, stopping on the 5 and then running in a score. After the Rams converted a deperation TD to make it 38-17, they attempted an Onside Kick which failed at the 2 minute warning. Instead of kneeling, the Cardinals threw a pass to Larry Fitzgerald for a 38 yard score and a 45-17 victory.

After the game, the Rams were disappointed but pissed that the score had been run up in the season's first game.

17. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Cincinnati Bengals 33
    New England Patriots 27

Cedric Benson ran for 208 yards and scored two touchdowns as the Bengals went into a wet and rainy foxborro and defeated the Patriots 33-27. Benson scored on runs of 82 and 81 yards. The Bengals defense also got in the act of scoring by intercepting two Tom Brady passes and returning them for touchdowns. The second pick six put the Bengals up 33-20 with less than three minutes to go in the game. The Bengals defense picked off three Brady passes for the day.

The "wet weather" caused issues in kicking game for both teams. Bengals' kicker Rayner missed two extra points and one field goal, and Patriots kicker Gostkowski missed one extra point and two field goals which were very costly in this game.

Next week the Bengals face the Baltimore Ravens, while the Patriots face the Jets.

18. Inf1ame

Inf1ame Walk On

Sounds like people are having kicking issues. Is it the lag?

19. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

The lag is a bit of a bitch it seems. I am surprised they don't have a way to run that locally on the user's xbox and then download the data from the kick into the game to avoid the lag (you run the meter lag free offline, and get 99% power and 80% accuracy and then the online portion plays that out).

I didnt miss any kicks but seems to be everyone so just adds a challenge to the game.

20. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Am I the only one who enjoys the online kick meter differential (due to inherent lag) vs. offline since it adds another element to our league games? What fun would it be if I knew I could bury everything under 50 yards.

21. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

"wet weather" means lag, i just used the rain as the write up excuse

22. Inf1ame

Inf1ame Walk On

Jacksonville Jaguars- 45
    Denver Broncos- 6

Aaron Kampman returns two interceptions for TDs as the Jaguars are able to pull off a win against the Broncos. A day filled with a myriad of turnovers and missed kicks, the Broncos threw 8 interceptions, the Jaguars 4. After taking an early lead on a sceen pass, the Jaguars turned up the heat, blitzing heavily and forcing many errors.

Next week, the Jags face the Chargers, while the Broncos take on the Seahawks.

23. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

ugh, not cool... running up the score = poor form

24. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

It looks like the Jaguars ran it up too.

25. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Oakland @ Tennessee

It's been seven years since the Raiders won their season opener. All of that changed after a thrilling matchup against the Titans. The game started off slow enough but that's how Oakland would have preferred it. After all, one of the major questions surrounding the Raiders entering this season was whether or not they can stop the run. What better way to test it out then to go up against Chris Johnson, who is coming off of a 2,000 yard season? The defense stepped up to that challenge by holding Johnson to 84 yards on 20 carries. This effort was spearheaded by rookie MLB Rolando McClain who had seven solo tackles, two assists, an interception and a forced fumble. While it is only one game out of what is hopefully a long career, the term "bust" doesn't seem to apply here. Speaking of "busts," Darius Heyward-Bey hopes to shake this label during his sophomore campaign and began by scoring the go ahead touchdown on a 38 yard pass from the newly acquired Jason Campbell. Although, it was through the air that Oakland scored two of their three touchdowns, it truly was the ground game that set the tone for this one. Featuring the tandem of Michael Bush and Darren McFadden allowed the Raiders to rack up 223 yards on the ground.

Oakland 20
    Tennessee 17

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.