TMFL 12

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by niuhuskie224, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Falcons (56) vs. Bears (28)

A tough game for the Bears best described by my opponent antcap24

"It's tough to get rhythm when your offense returns 3 kicks. You had to play D all game"

Atlanta's first drive of the game ended with a Todd Bowman INT. The Bears quickly went three and out and it was the last time they would stop the Atlanta Offense all game.

The D was exhausted as the offense would not touch the ball until there were 48 seconds left in the first half. Between that time, Devin Hester and Johnny Knox combined to return three straight kicks for TD's.

With the score 28-21 at half and the Bears needing a 4th kick return, Knox fumbled the kickoff, it was picked up and returned for a TD.

On the Atlanta Offense, Michael Turner and Jaquizz Rogers just about broke every tackle they could, combing for nearly 300 yards of rushing offense in the victory.

Next week, the Falcons have there home opener against the Eagles, while the Bears travel down to the Superdome to face the New Orleans Saints.

gg antcap24

2. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

gg niuhuskie224

That first half was wild. I felt like every time I would feel good about a drive your returns would stick it to me and deflate my morale. After the third return, I punched the couch which rattled the lamp on the end table which fell...(Wife not happy about that one)

Game definitely changed on that fumble on the kickoff in which was returned for a TD.

Playing from behind, and having virtually 3 offensive plays in the first half had to make it tough to have any type of gameplan implemented.

Those are the types of games that drive me nuts. The time of possession was 22:27 to 9:33.

Good luck this season. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

3. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Sorry about your lamp. I hate to say it, but I hadn't returned one kick yet, so to do 3 in one game was unreal.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Da bears

5. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

It was like the seams were opening up perfectly and with Hester/ Knox 98 or so speed, it was out to the races. I kicked one left, one middle, and one right. All three went back for TDs.

I had let up a couple of TD on returns before, but all those were when I had been up a bunch of points and got relaxed. I was focused on all 3 returns, and still got burned.

6. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Bears have a brutal schedule. Ouch.

Looks like the Falcons found there offensive rhythm again. Not good for the rest of us.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lions 35
    Bucs 13

The lions headed to Tampa Bay for the season opener and got the W thanks to a great game by Matt Stafford and huge plays by the offensive playmakers Calvin Johnson and Jahvid Best. Stafford threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs with no INTs. The defense was strong for most of the game allowing 180 yards of offense. MLB Tulloch led the defense with 3 tackles. Detroit now heads back home to host the Kansas City Chiefs in the home opener. GG Tampa.

QB Matt Stafford 10/14 302 YDS 3 TDs

HB J Best 66 YDS, TD
    HB M Leshoure 42 YDS, TD

WR Calvin Johnson 145 YDS, 2 TDs

• Like Like x 1
  8. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Behind a heavy dose of the running game with Gore, Dixon & Hunter, the 49ers dominated the Seahawks in every aspect of the game. The Seahawks offense managed just one first down for the entire game, and went 0-7 on third downs while being held by the stingy 49er defense to just 38 total yards of offense. Player of the Game Frank Gore ran for 118 yards and 2 TD's, while Alex Smith played the role of game manager well going 13 of 18 passing for 139 yards and a touchdown pass to newly-acquired Braylon Edwards. Time of possession was a lopsided 28 to 4 for the game. It looks like it might be a long season for the Hawks this year, and a great start for the 49ers...

Next up for the 49ers: Dallas Cowboys

9. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

New England Patriots 14 - 10 Miami Dolphins

.............1 2 3 4 F

Patriots 0 7 0 7 14

Dolphins 0 7 0 3 10

Total Offense 188-225 --- Rushing Yards 59-42 --- Passing Yards 129-183 --- First Downs 9-12 ----

PR Yards 0-7 --- KR Yards 71-44 --- Total Yards 259-276 --- Turnovers 1-2 ---

3rd Down Conv 2-6(33%)-6-11(55%) --- 4th Down Conv 0-0(0%)-1-1(100%) ---

Red Zone% 2-2(100%)-2-3(67%) --- Red Zone TD 2-1 --- Red Zone FG 0-1 --- Penalties 0-0 - 1-5 ---

Possession Time 14:21 - 17:39

Passing :

Tom Brady QB NE 10/20 138 YDS TD 1 INT 1

Chad Henne QB MIA 13/27 192 YDS TD 1 INT 1

Rushing :

Benjarvis Green-Ellis HB NE 59 YDS 1 TD 14 ATT 19 LONG

Reggie Bush HB MIA 37 YDS 0 TD 17 ATT 11 LONG

Receiving :

Rob Gronkowski TE NE REC 7 YDS 81 TD 1 LONG 19

Brandon Marshall WR MIA REC 7 YDS 98 TD 0 LONG 27

10. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

stryder24

Patriots win by the slendest of margins in Miami after stopping the dolphins last drive 2 yards from goal and head home relieved. Defence was the key as both teams struggled to capatalise on missed opportunities and in the end the 2 TD by the pats was just enough to win the game.

However the pats know they will have to up their game to have any chance of a play off place

very well played mate

• Like Like x 1
  11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Saints - 24

Packers - 14

Even though New Orleans only won by 10 points this game was much more lopsided than it looks. Green Bay struggled on offense all day, only putting together two successful drives. The defense on both sides of the ball was strong but obviously the Saints was the dominant one on the day.

Reigning Champs lose Week 1, ouch.

GG Capp.

12. Jason T.

Jason T. Walk On

Oakland - 34
    Denver - 6

Pretty much 1 sided game as Oakland ran the ball down the throat of Denver. Run DMC and Bush combined for over 300 yards on the ground. McFadden was consistent all day, while Bush took his 8 carries for over 120. Denver only had 1 successful drive at the end of 1st half, but with under a minute left, Orton forced a pass in the corner and it was picked off for a touchdown by rookie corner Chekwa. One of his 2 picks that led to player of the game. The only score Denver mustered was a great focus catch. The pass was deflected but right into the hands of a Denver player who took it 70 plus yards I believe.

Story of the game...

TOP : Oakland 19+ Denver 12
    Rush Yards : Oakland 300+ Denver 7

13. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Vikes 14
    Bolts 28

SD started the game with the ball and made a long methodical drive. The Vikes defenses was non existent, as Mathews ran all over the D and Rivers completed over 70% of his passes for the game. I felt like I got cheated by the cheese CPU... Rivers constantly was throwing deep bombs and underthrew everyone of them, but his WR would camp under the lobs and just rocket catch everyone of them:( I tried running into the WR, mauling them, and lastly I tried out jumping them. Nothing worked... it was so frusterating. Did I mention there was an 18 mph wind as well?

The Vikes got the ball finally, with just over minute left in the 1st quarter and used a mix of short throws to open WR and the power of AP. AP had a lot of room to run for in the first half, but SD led 21-14.

The 2nd half mirrored real life as the Vikings could not do anything offensively in the 2nd half. River led SD on one scoring drive in the 3Q, but the defense shut them out in the 4th. Unfortunately my QB's couldn't hit the Ocean if they were standing on the beach. McFlabb and Ponder combined for 11 of 22 on pass atempts and 2 INT 118 yards and zero TD's! Yea! McFlabb was so bad that with the wind speed so high none of his passes were even close. In fact his first two completeions were thrown so far off another WR was able to catch it instead of the intended WR. Not one deep ball stayed in bounds! Im basically paying this schlub 7 million to hand the ball off to AP:(

Stay classy San Diego!

Ron Burgandy OUT.

14. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

[​IMG] 14
    [​IMG] 16

St. Louis Leaders:
    Passing: S. Bradford 8 for 16 153 YDS
    Rushing: 15 ATT 67 YDS 1 TD
    Receiving: M. Sims-Walker 4 REC 60 YDS
    Defense: B. Fletcher 4 SOLO 6 TOT TACK 2 TFL 2.0 SACK

Philadelphia Eagles Leaders:
    Passing: M. Vick 15 for 17 233 YDS 2 TD
    Rushing: L. McCoy 11 ATT 44 YDS
    Receiving: D.Jackson 5 REC 113 YDS 1 TD
    Defense: C. Matthews 6 SOLO 7 TOT TACK 1.0 SACK

Box Score:
    Eagles: 7 | 0 | 0 | 7
    Rams: 0 | 10 | 0 | 6

Pretty pissed though because in the initial game when I got disconnected Jackson had 201 YDS and 1 TD. Oh well, a W is a W.

15. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

Colts---21
    Texans-24

Game started with the Texans driving the ball with mainly the run into Colts territory, but an arrant Schaub pass was picked with ONE HAND by the MLB Gary Brackett! Thats right, Gary F-in Brackett one hander! Luckily for the Texans Demeco Ryans returned the favor (except the one hand part) and was able to weave his way into the end zone for a pick 6, giving the Texans a 7-0 lead.

Overall I (Texans) was able to run the ball very well on the Colts Defense and the Colts were not able to run the ball much at all. Peyton still kept his team in the game by dissecting the Texans D, mainly with his favorite slot WR Austin Collie who had 8 rec for 84 yds and a TD.

In the end, it was Peyton's 3rd pick that sealed the win for the Texans, great game monkey. Also he seems like a real nice guy, the first Ive met through the game so a great start in that regard.

FINAL STAT LEADERS:

Passing:
    P. Manning- 21-30 261 yds 1 TD 3 INT
    M. Schaub- 10-15 138 yds 1 TD 2 INT

Rushing:
    A. Foster- 17 car 135 yds 1 TD
    J. Addai- 13 car 22 yds 1 TD

Receiving:
    A. Collie- 8 rec 84 yds 1 TD
    A. Johnson- 3 rec 64 yds

16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Good game again dude. Those two masterful user picks locked it up for ya. I watched the replay on the last one and had two guys wide open on the play, d'oh.

17. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

The Cardinals hosted Cam Newton and the Panthers for their regular season opener in the desert. Panthers defer and AZ gets the ball first. On the first play of the game, Beanie Wells trys to pound the ball up the middle but LB Thomas Davis breaks through the line and lays him out at the LOS, knocking the ball loose and recovered by Carolina.

Things don't go much better for Cam Newton and the Panthers offense as his first pass in the TMFL is picked off by LB Paris Lenon who almost takes it back all the way for the score but Newton manages to take him down just short. Carolina holds their ground for the first couple plays of the Cardinals drive but on 3rd down new Arizona QB Kevin Kolb threads the needle to his slot receiver Early Doucet for a 19 yard TD.

The AZ defense holds the Panthers to a punt on their next drive after a few nice stops, including a screen blown up in the back field by veteran LB Joey Porter. The Cardinals start on a long methodical drive from their own 10 yd line that takes up most of the second quarter. The Panthers D holds in the red zone and Arizona sends out Jay Feely for a 39 yd field goal. 10-0 Cardinals.

Newton's woes continue on the ensuing Panthers drive and he ends up getting picked off again by CB A.J. Jefferson. This time Newton is unable to bring him down and Jefferson takes it all the way back for the pick six. 17-0 Cardinals.

With 46 seconds left to go in the half, a great kick return by Mike Goodson puts the Panther's in a position to get on the board before the half. Newton finds his TE Greg Olson deep down the field for a nice completion and Carolina ends up scoring on a handoff to DeAngelo Williams who breaks free for a 18 yd TD run to end the half. 17-7 now.

Carolina gets the ball to start the second half and starts a long drawn out drive of their own, getting a few nice runs by Williams and a big fourth down conversion. Panthers get down to the 1 and after a few stops by AZ they hand the ball off to their big FB Jerome Felton who pounds it into the end zone to make it a 3 point game.

The Cardinals start the fourth quarter with the ball looking to control the clock and hold on to their slim lead. Beanie Wells at one point breaks free on a weak side toss for a big 39 yd gainer to put AZ in the red zone. Panthers bounce back however with a sack on Kolb that forces Arizona to settle for another field goal. Score 20-14.

Newton makes some big passes on the next drive to put Carolina back into scoring position with a chance to take the lead but two huge back-to-back holding penalties and a 3rd down stop force a long field goal attempt. Olindo Mare's kick falls just short to give AZ the ball back with a few minutes left on the clock.

Panthers defense steps up once again and forces the three and out punt to keep the Panther's hopes alive. On the first play of the drive Carolina comes out in a Hail Mary Trips formation looking for the big gainer but Newton throws into a crowd and ends up with his third interception courtesy of FS Kerry Rhodes.

Arizona runs the ball to try to drain the clock and on 3rd down Beanie Wells looks to have just gotten past the first down marker but the refs rule that he was short. Arizona sends out their punting team and Newton is ready on the sideline for a chance to redeem himself but a booth review is called to review the spot. The ruling on the field is overturned and AZ is given the first down, effectively ending Carolina's chances and with a couple kneeldowns the Cardinals seal their first win of the season.

Great game fuzzyl0gic

POTG
    MLB Paris Lenon 5 tkls 1 sack 1 INT

Stats

AZ
    QB Kevin Kolb 8/13 86 yds 1 TD
    RB Beanie Wells 93 yds rushing
    WR Larry Fitzgerald 4 rec 29 yds

Carolina
    QB Cam Newton 11/23 143 yds 3 INTs
    RB DeAngelo Williams 95 yds rushing 1 TD
    WR Legedu Naanee 3 rec 49 yds

18. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

A ridiculous warping INT, a Kickoff Return TD called back for holding, a pick 6 called back for holding, cedric benson having 23 yards in the first 3 qtrs, then being un-tackle-able in the fourth, all adds up to a

21-17 loss for the Browns. Not real happy with the AI here, but fuck it, right?

Colt McCoy played well, and Hillis was Rey Maualuga's bitch all game, getting hit-sticked an NFL Record tying 7 times.

effin CPU...lol

At least I know my team blows so that makes it easier to swallow. Up next, a probable beatdown at the hands of the colts...

19. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

After not being able to connect after two days of trying, Jacksonville said to play the CPU.

Jake Locker had a good game 3TD 1Int.

C. Johnson had 127yards or so and a couple TD's.

Defense was decent.

I didnt get too detailed with the summary as after 4 hours of trying to connect getting to play this game was just exhausting and frustrating.

Still not liking this game lol.

20. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Kansas City, MO - The Chiefs started off 2011 on the right foot with a 31-14 win over the visiting Buffalo Bills.

The Bill started this game strong with 14 unanswered points behind some nice throws by Ryan Mallett and Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller keeping the Chiefs off-balanced on the ground.

Kansas City answered though with a touchdown on their own on a spectacular catch by Steve Breaston. The Chiefs also added a field goal as time was winding down in the first half to trim the Bills lead to 4.

Two Eric Berry interceptions and some nice Jamaal Charles runs led the Chiefs to a dominate second half, putting up 3 touchdowns to put the Bills away.

Next week, Kansas City travels to play the finally-contenders Detroit Lions. Buffalo hosts the strong rushing attack of the Oakland Raiders.

21. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Sounds like you need A new QB.

22. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Giants QB E. Manning continued where he left off last year throwing 2 pics and throwing for under 50% to start the year. HB Bradshaw was hurt in the start of the 2nd quarter after only going for 34 yards on 8 Att. Jacobs feard no better going 31 yds on 11 att. Giants got lucky in this win with A bomb to Nicks As time expired to win the game. The bright side of the win was the Giants D. comming up with 8 combined sacks 3 for Tollefson who came in for injured Pierre- Paul. Who was hurt on the Giants 1st defence play but would come back in the 4th to record 3 sacks of his own. Giants coach was real worried about Pierre-Paul injury because the Defence will focus around him this year. Redskins received bad news after learning that R. Grossman will be out for 10 weeks after A crushing hit in the 3rd QT by Umenyiora knocked him out of the game. Giants coach said after the game that the offence will have be more consistent or it will be A long year.

23. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Well Cluster fuck number 2 already for my internet. I skipped the router after the 6th or 7th dc. Realized a Steam game update (some multi gig dl) that i dont even fucking play has been bogging down my connection.

Needless to say Johnson got injured. Locker played good. Defense was decent. Ravens play calling was more the problem.

Trying to spread the love around. The Ravens D is pretty beasting. Dink and Dunk for the win.

31-7 Titans.

I hate this game. (I have to end with that)

24. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Actually my dog shut the xbox off once too lol.

second time that's happened with the sensor. they put there nose to close and poof.

25. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

As expected, Week 2's game between the Cowboys & 49ers was a defensive battle. Both teams were stopped on their first drives of the game, and after a SF punt was kicked out of bounds at the 1 yard line, Carlos Rogers stopped Felix Jones in the back of the end zone for the first 2 points of the game. Then, after both QB's threw INT's on their next drive, Dallas finally answered with 36 seconds left in the half on a screen pass to Jones for 6. However, 36 ticks proved to be enough time for the 49ers to march down the field with 3 timeouts left, ending it with a 49 yard TD pass to Braylon Edwards. Score at the half: 49ers - 9; Cowboys - 7.

Dallas took the lead back on a missed tackle in the secondary allowed Miles Austin to take a Romo pass 42 yards to the house to take a 14-9 lead going into the 4th quarter. Then, with 4:31 to go, Edwards caught his second TD pass (a 47-yarder) to give the 49ers the lead 15-14 (failed 2pt conversion.) After a 3rd Romo Interception, Gore finally broke free after a tough day on the ground (finished with just 45 yards on 23 attempts) with a 21 yard TD run to seal the game at the 2 min warning. Final Score: 49ers - 22; Cowboys 14.

49er D continues to prove they're one of the best in the league, holding the Cowboy offense to just 152 total yards one week after holding the Seahawks to 30. Player of the game for the 49ers: Braylon Edwards (4 catches, 127 yards, 2 TD's).

GG Benjamin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.