TMFL 13

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Dru50, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Chicago 23
    Denver 10

Not much to say, as the backups played most of the game. The only thing of interest for Chicago is that Michael Bush is a BEAST and will be getting some PT with the starters the next couple of weeks, and WR Alshon Jeffrey could be a good one.

Good game Danthraxxx.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Don't forget how awesome Peppers in in zone coverage ;)

3. Dru50

Gotta love those preseason substitution patterns....:confused:

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

How did stafford throw 6 TDs in a preseason sim??

5. Dru50

Because the Lions are filled with felons with no regard for the rule of law?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Oakland 27
    Arizona 20

The Raiders went out to the desert to take on the Cardinals. Zona QB John Skelton and the Cardinal's first offense looked good scoring on Larry Fitzgerald 14 yard TD reception. For Oakland the combination of backups Matt Leinart & rookie wideout Juron Criner connected twice for second half TDs. Criner hauled in five receptions for 92 yards while Leinart completed 10 of 19 passes for 202 yards with three touchdowns and an interception. The Arizona backfield of Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams carried the rock 18 times for 71 yards and looked pretty effective.

7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

The CPU doesn't sub realistically in preseason sims. Only players that played for me were starters, unfortunately

8. I Peench

Giants (I Peench) 31
    Bears (Dru50) 17

David Carr put forth a solid effort, completing 12 of his 16 passes for 191 yards 2 TDs with 1 interception. On the receiving end of 6 of those passes was Ramses Barden, who caught 6 balls for 146 yards and 2 scores. The big bodied WR really impressed, and should see some time in redzone situations. This performance could've won him over the slot position, but Reuben Randle did quite well too. Randle had 4 catches for 40 yards despite very limited playing time. Rookie HB David Wilson stole the show for the Giants, however, as he galluped for 125 y ards on 19 carries and 2 scores.

Defnsively, Chris Canty and Jason Pierre Paul combined for all three of the Giants sacks. The defense had trouble containing a very efficient Bears offense, whose balanced made them difficult to stop. Michael Bush pounded out 55 yard earned yards, while Jason Campbell went an impressive 8 for 12 with 98 yards and a score.

GG Dru50. Once you get the hand of this game, you'll be tough to stop. Bush was really a headache. I'm sure if you didn't just try to run the clock out for the last quarter and a half, this would've turned out differently.

9. Dru50

Good game I Peench - glad we were able to get it in.

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    From a non-whiner: game too long?

11. I Peench

I don't believe so. I think we were a shade over an hour, but both ran the ball quite a bit. We tried to run out the clock in the fourth because Dru had AM's offseason.

The kicker for me is the play #. Any lower, our statistics would be unrealistically know (aware you know this). I just think that could get sticky with most goals then being unattainable. With goals/stats laced to xp and progression, I can't justify going to 7 minute quarters. I know guys are very busy, and my schedule will pick up substantially here in a few weeks, but I think we can sacrafice another 10 minutes every 48 hours.

12. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Philadelphia Eagles - 24 (MartyWebb)
    New England Patriots - 42 (niuhuskie224)

The first team offenses struggled in this one, as the first score of the game was a Rodgers-Cromartie interception for a touchdown off the hands of future Hall of Famer Tom Brady. Brady would end the game going 5 for 11, a 45% completion percentage, 49 yards, 1 touchdown and 3 interceptions. "We had him confused I think. Our pressure can be top notch with the firsters(first string defense,) it was nice to see," spoke Coach Webb after the game. Michael Vick, in a smaller role completed 2 for 5 passing, for 22 yards. The lack of touches concerns Philly fans, but a LeSean McCoy fumble in the first quarter took away a to be possession for the first team eagle offense. Joseph Addai for the Eagles finished with 6 carries for 116 yards, including a 72 yard run that ended short of the goalline. New England counterpart Shane Vareen looked great, going for 89 yards on 18 carries and a touchdown.

The game seemed a bit long, I think we hit the hour and 20 minute mark? Great game none the less, but turnovers were a bit crazy too, mostly due I think to the lack of familiarity for both coaches. Great game niuhuskie224

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Patriots - 10
    Bucs - 17

This was a fun game. It was right at about an hour and everything seemed to flow well. My d-line did a nice job of getting to Brady and Mallett. I didn't get a good feel of what the starters are going to do because they didn't play much. Dan Orlovsky and Doug Martin played well and TE Luke Stocker had a few nice catches as well as a couple of wide open drops.

GG niuhuskie224

• Like Like x 2
  14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Glad to see you enjoying things.

15. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Same. Freaking loving this year's game. More than NCAA I am afraid :(

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Ditto

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dru50

I'm right there with you guys. About the only thing I like in NCAA (besides my guys in After Midnight) is the recruiting system this year in NCAA.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I've been afraid to voice that around here for fear of getting burned at the stake.

19. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

There is a difference between not liking the game and not being able to get into a league.

20. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

?

21. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Philadelphia Eagles (0-0) at Cleveland Browns (0-0)

New Eagles coach Marty Webb took his team, led by LeSean McCoy, to the great state of Ohio this week to play Shaun Mason's Cleveland Browns.

This game would be decided by the defense, and while one came to play(the Browns,) one certainly didn't eat their Wheaties. The Eagles gave up three first half touchdowns, and offensively managed to get their first first down of the game midway through the second quarter. "We weren't prepared," spoke Webb, "that is all I can chalk it up to. We embarrassed ourselves today on offense. We need to get better." Vick finished with a QB Rating that can be described only as 'earthquakish,' chiming in with a 7.3. How do you get that low of a QB Rating? Being 7 for 23, for 89 yards and throwing two interceptions. "I was predictable and they knew where I was going before I did," said Vick in explaining his poor performance.

The Eagles offensive line looked overpowered more often than not. Whether they couldn't get the correct jump because of the home crowd roaring until the final second, or lack of practice with one another, it was unmistakably a weakness. Chris Gocong and D'Qwell Jackson led their team in tackles, and had a combined 4 tackles for loss, mostly when bringing down Shady McCoy.

Next week won't get any easier for the Eagles, as they host the Baltimore Ravens led by Joe Flacco and Ray Lewis.

Final Score
    Eagles 10 - 35 Browns

Shaun Mason Great game bud, your defense enforced their will against anything I threw at 'em. Good luck the rest of the way.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  22. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Man its a lot points being put up early.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Good write up. That was a weird game. For as much speed as you have on the perimeter you never really got anyone out in space. Josh Gordon was eating your corners for breakfast. I tried to stay patient on the ground and it eventually paid off. Poor 'Shady' McCoy was getting tackled by his own offensive linemen.

Considering that was my first game online, I thought it went well. You are way better than that stat line indicates and once you figure out how to get your weapons the ball in space you are going to be nasty.

Good game.

• Like Like x 1
  24. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Punt Return the First Domino
    Seahawks take down Cardinals in season opener 38-3

Glendale, AZ: Opening the season against a division rival is never easy and in Glendale on a bright sunny afternoon, it certainly was not easy for the home team. After a long drive that saw the Cards settle for three to open the game both defenses really hunkered down to keep the offenses in check. The Cardinals however forgot about the third aspect of the game as late in the first Leon Washington gutted the Cardinal coverage team sprinting up the middle to return the punt 68 yards for the first TD of the game. Neither team would do much as the Seahawks would add only a Field Goal and Safety bringing the score at the break to 12-3. That's where things got out of hand. Cardinals QB John Skelton started coughing up the football as did running back Ryan Williams and the Seahawks would put up 17 3rd quarter points to break the game open. It was a clock milking session in the fourth as the Seahawks went on to victory. Good game TEClemson53

Wilson 10-12, 181 Yards, 1 TD
    Skelton 10-18, 160 Yards, 2 INTs
    Lynch 25 Carries, 130 Yards, 1 TD
    Williams 11 Carries 90 Yards
    Rice 4 Catches, 104 Yards, 1 TD
    Fitzgerald 5 Catches, 91 Yards

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I want to know how the hell niuhuskie224 put up 600 yards passing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.