Announcement TMFL 25 - So you want to be part of the circus?

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Hello people.

Simple post, subject says it all. TMFL will be returning for another season for Madden 25. Initial game play info just came out, Connected Franchise Mode information will be out before you know it. I've played it and it's glorious.

Things we know:
    • There are 31 spots besides me.
    • I will be the Browns.
    • No one is safe, no one is guaranteed a spot (except me).
    • If you quit the TMFL this year, you better sell me on why next cycle will be different.
    • I'm going to be much more heavier handed next year. I will be building a wait list, and if you fuck around, I will pull your card.
    • This is a requirement.
    That said, sell me on why I want you.

Important information to include:
    • Can you play at normal hours?
    • What's your favorite team, and why should you get them?
    • Is having them a deal breaker for you?
    • Do you need my mailing address to send me gifts?
    Get to it, bonus points for not making me wait, double bonus points for making me laugh.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Normal hours being late afternoon, evenings and weekends? Absolutely. My job is kind of hectic and a wee bit unpredictable, but I very much make Madden a daily occurrence. At the very least, I always keep my opponent informed of what my schedule is as soon as I know.
    You know the answer to this question, you bastard, why make me go through it? :cry:
    If it was, would I be responding to this thread? I'll take anybody, preferably a 3-4 team. But whatever works. Would prefer not to be an AFC North team as my deep hatred of the Bengals, Steelers and Ravens would likely unglue me.
    Can't I just pull a Shaun Mason and text you a dick pic?
    Additional musings: Hopefully the fact that I've stayed in TMFL, have played competitive, sim football with a mic, and contributed content in the form of video cutups and the like helps negate some of my douchebaggery. That said, several members seem to enjoy my brand of idiocy, and we wouldn't want to disappoint them, would we?

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I'm putting my card in for TMFL.

I'm not sure what you are looking for to sell on you adding. I've only been on TSO since the beginning. Have never had issues in any league I've been in. Have commished a few leagues. I'm usually one of the most active members in the leagues I take part in in terms of getting games done in a timely manner. However I'm a grown ass man and I'm not going to beg for a spot, if you want a reliable league member, look no further, nothing should be more of a selling point than a solid reputation site wide. I'd consider myself one of the best players site wide and I think many would agree. I also provide content in the form of highlight vid and the occasional broadcast. Why shouldn't I be in the league?

Favorite team is the Redskins, it's not a deal breaker for me as I will be the Redskins in The Longest Yard. However if there is no other REAL Redskins fan that doesn't like them solely because of RG3 then I'd like to have them. Fact is, I can get by with any team, however I'd like to at least have a team with a decent qb. Most important thing is just being in a competitive league not the team I have.

My presence is a gift in itself so no, I do not need your mailing list! :sneaky:

4. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I had to step down from TMFL this past season. However I finished the last cycle. And would be able to finish this cycle. I took a job in West Palm that put my over 4 hours from my house during the week. I had no cable or internet for 3 months. Well craziness happened. My HC had a family Issue and it took away my job security thus me being home.

I will be taking a job in NC in July and will be set up well before Madden comes out.
    • I will be able to play during normal hours. 6-11 PM except Friday nights.
    • Miami Dolphins. They are my favorite by far. I have been through alot with them. I saw Marino get his anus whooped in his last career game. I saw the team use a late slant to Greg Camerillo to win their first only game of the Cam Cameron era. 1-15 EWWWWWW. I have followed them through all of this. The Glimmer of hope that a 10-6 season provided only for us to come back and be 7-9 again.
    • The only teams I wont play with are the Bills (Ej Manual LOL) , Patriots (Hate these guys. Feel bad for the marathon) or the Jets (Tebow and Mark Sanchez enough said)
    • Yes I will need your mailing address. I will have a nice bottle of what ever you like sent to your house. :)
    Edit: Throughout my time in TMFL I have been known as a Team changer. Meaning I typically pick up alot of FA and have a specific way of building my teams. However through my time as a team builder offline I have seen those back up players dont make a huge difference just make people mad you are always picking up FA and changing your team build. I have always been decently successful using my experience as a real football coach I try to bring realistic playcalling and strategies to the game. I have added content to the TMFL forum before. I play on the mic and am more than willing to talk ball with the rest of the LG. I love to bash on Keller with the best of them :ROFLMAO:. Those are all things I can bring to the table.

5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Can you play at normal hours? - I can usually pay between 5 - 9 or 10 PM EST and any time on weekends or when I play hookey. Everyone knows I have off hours and have went to work completed exhausted because of TMFL. It was usually fun 'cept when i lose. Then i am cranky because I am tired and lost but thats what 5 hour energy is for. Other than my recent Hiatus I have been around for all of this release unlike Jesse :)
    What's your favorite team, and why should you get them? My Favorite team is Green Bay but I know Masler is a stingy boy and won't give them up. However, I should get them because I am stunningly handsome and am well endowed. And oh yeah I am an old fucker. I have socks older than Mas

As is evidenced below. I have incredible computer skcills that pay the bills. A few questions to ask yourself Shaun

1.) Do I really want to play against PAgamer07 and that little poor kid in the picture and whoever the bungles owner is?

2.) Could I (Shaun Mason) really deal with the lack of toilet humor in the league

3.) Have i ever talked about being a attracted to a transvestite hooker? No because I havent and that's a plus

4.) I have i ever posted a picture of mine or another dude's junk on the site? No i haven't that's a plus

[​IMG]

Is having them a deal breaker for you? Nope - I didnt get GB in '13 and thoroughly enjoyed the NFC N- I enjoy playing in the AFC N with Shaun and PAgamer07. I would also enjoy playing with the Jags or St Louis now that Tavon is there hah.
    Do you need my mailing address to send me gifts? Sure - However, would this be before or after you make your decision as to who gets in.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Everyone has failed so far.

Sell me, those are just things I need to know if you sell me properly.

7. Baron

I make the league fun, damn it. Love me or hate me, I bring entertainment whether I'm mocking or being mocked. I am one of the few members that, apparently, like to hop on the mic and actually shoot the shit during the game. Yes, that comes with whining at the game when I feel I'm getting effed in the A, but that's entertaining according to a few other members.

I mean really, who doesn't like to know they're getting under their opponents skin? That and my TMFL gaming efforts have led to other games such as Starcraft 2 with Phil and potentially Peench down the road.

I have and actually use my video recorder for highlights and content.

I don't know what you want beyond that. We've already established my attempts at humor usually fail unless it's at my expense.

8. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    I wouldnt call what you do whining :) Matt Cassel is your friend......I wish you would have kept him

• Like Like x 1
  9. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I think I should be considered for a spot in TMFL M25 because I’m one of the most straight up SIM ballers on the site whether PA thinks so or not. I don’t pad stats or manipulate AI. I call a quality game on the field and provide my opponent with entertaining ass whippings. My goal as a GM is to build a quality roster based on those Raider ways, over the span of the cycle. I rarely have any issues with responding to posts/pm’s and scheduling games. I can play normal hours and abnormal hours with proper coordination. With decent time available in my real life schedule, I can contribute quality content where ever it's needed. My team of preference would of course be the Oakland Raiders but it’s not a requirement. Don’t really need your address cause I don’t give gifts, I’m not into trickin. Go Cleveland Browns!!:happy:

10. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Well, that's one way to approach this.

11. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Here I thought being a reputable member since TSO's inception would count for something. I've made slight edits to my original post but if that's not good enough so be it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The main point of this is for my entertainment right now, I'm not going to lie.:)

13. Baron

Sadist.

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I am not good at self selling , but here it goes .....

I joined TMFL in middle / later part of prior release and stayed until the end. I will stay for rest of this release. I typically play all of my games and to best of my knowledge have never had complaints about my gameplay or GM moves. When motivated with a league full of people who care I contribute to content , I also have tried to improve our waiver process to make our league better.

Important information to include:
    • Can you play at normal hours? - Yes , right this moment my schedule blows for the end of this release but that will end in July. I also am working part time while going back to finish my degree so I can be pretty flexible.
    • What's your favorite team, and why should you get them? - Well Cleveland, but for sake of this thread I will say Seattle.
    • Is having them a deal breaker for you? - I have ran with three teams this cycle after re-boot so I am pretty flexible , I just want to be in a fun division with a good group of guys I like.
    • Do you need my mailing address to send me gifts? - I am not sure that is necessary since I have your cell , but if you can hook me up with your hook up on the down low come August I can bring you the best donuts you have ever had in your life ;)
    If that last part did not make sense I am sure Bond's avatar can translate the jive for you.
    Other bonus of having me in TMFL :
    I am clearly the funniest member in the league.
    I do not share dick picks of members of the league , based on not actually having other mens dicks on my phone. Personal rule.
    My avatar is always top notch.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  16. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I feel pimped ..... but I stand by my post, I'm not into trickin.

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Damn right.

18. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Don't forget about the wheelchair bound chick with strong arms giving you pleasure. Who else here can say that?

19. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Shaun Mason

*clears throat*

Without me by your side, your noble sidekick, the robin to your batman, who would send you all those lovely useful texts about advancing and other shenanigans? You might actually enjoy yourself on a date to the movies. You might finish smashing without an interruption from me. Your life would become a huge void sans fuzzy.

fuck rest of league, make them humble.

Fuzzy out.

[​IMG]

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Every time you tag me, I get an email.

21. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    You like that...No?

• Like Like x 1
  22. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Fawk. It was almost perfect.

edit: or did you mean only when I tag you because I'm that awesome?

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I like it when it's important. It's never important.

• Like Like x 5
  24. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I tried to think about what components make up a good member and how do my attributes fit into the ideal model. I was able to come up with three categories to evaluate possible members that matter the most IMO. Here is what I came up with;
    • Forum - How do you interact on TSO? Are you reachable? Do you schedule your games? Do you participate?
    • Gameplay - How do you play the game? Do you play sim-style football? Is the "gray area" your fuck buddy? Does your play resemble Sundays?
    • Value - Assuming you do the basics of what is required as a member, what do you ADD to the league in terms of value? Madden 25 is supposed to be the best league on the site. Will you do your part to validate that or will you simply do the minimum?
    Overall I think a fit the above criteria pretty well. I'm active on the forums, reachable, schedule my games, participate, and fufill basic forum responsibilities. I believe this is also my biggest area of weakness but have put a lot of work into being more pleasant on the forums and acting like an adult. I'm not a perfect person, but will continue to work on improving to be the best person I can be. I'm happy with the results thus far, but need to keep it up.

I've always played the game in order to try and emulate what you actually see on the field. When opponents reciprocate, the best games I have ever played followed in terms of fun & enjoyment. I'd rather play sim and lose then get into a cheese-dicking match - it takes all of the entertainment out of the game and makes it waste of time for all parties involved. I won't be constantly trying to walk the fine line of whats ok and what is not. If there's any questions I always side with the conservative or make sure to verify with others that my line of thinking is OK.

Value is the X-factor for me and what separates the best members from the average ones. I love coming up with my own content pieces that spark discussion. Usually it inspires others to do the same and makes the forum much more enjoyable to read and check throughout the day. I haven't added much as I'm new to the TMFL and still learning, but plan to continue what I've done in previous leagues as long as I am here.

I'm glad I gave Madden a shot this year and love it. I look forward to playing Madden 25. I really like the core of the group of people here and that part would be the most exciting if I were given an opportunity to run with the big boys for TMFL 25.

My availability is pretty open and I'd prefer my Packers but it's not a deal breaker.

25. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Almost only counts in

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1