Archived TMFL AFC Pro Bowl Season 2

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Ghost, May 22, 2012.

1. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  2. Ghost

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Looks like some excellent work there Ghost - nice job.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Awesome job man

5. Ghost

Thanks

6. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I feel like Running back Receiving yards need to be shown. Reggie Bush YArds from Scrimmage is high and all you can see is his rush yards which doesnt show his true value.

7. Ghost

Yea Sorry about that, I just looked at the RB Receiving Stats and i have to say Reggie Bush had some pretty impressive numbers and some other RB's did also

8. Ghost

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

10. Ghost

Wait did you vote but accidentally forgot to type your username in?

11. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    While Reggies stats are "impressive", in all honesty he shouldnt be your 2nd best receiver.

12. LSUTRUTH

I'm sorry I move him all around the field. And in the 3 simmed games Reggie had over 10 catches. Sproles had almost 100 catches this season. 86 to be exact. Marshall Faulk used to rack up catches as well never having a season with less that 44 catches but had over 80-5 different times. If you look i distribute the ball evenly with 3 wr with over 40 catches and 2 other players around that mark. I know your stateing your opinion but maybe you should look elsewhere before trying to nit pick my statistics. Reggie is far and away my best player. If your smart you get your best player the ball.

But what do I know

• Like Like x 1
  13. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    League rules state you can only place him as at WR 4/5. As I dont know exactly where you place him, I'd hope that its one of those two spots if you're moving him.

Sproles has 86 but he wasnt their #2 receiver. Jimmy Graham had 99 receptions and Colston had 80, both had more yards then Sproles. You cant compare ONE guy's output to a guy like Sproles and leave out the rest of the offense and the type of system they run. He also was 3rd on the team in terms of carries while Reggie doubled the next closest person in carries on your team.

You actually only had two other players with over 40 receptions and the next closest players are at 29 and 24.

I understand Reggie is a play maker in your offense, but it was my understanding that the league rules dictate that your #1 and #2 WRs should be the focal point of your passing game. TE's and HB's shouldnt be used as a crutch, especially with the limitations the game creates in defending them (especially when lined up outside their position). This is also why many leagues dont like when players put their #1 and #2 WRs in the slot using formation subs.

Again, this is all my opinion of course, and like you said "what do I know".

14. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Probably, I was drunk when I voted.

15. Ghost

Ok np lol

16. LSUTRUTH

Your right. Good job. Like I said over 10 catches in 3 sims which also brigs his total down. I'm glad you feel the need to not pick my stats. Reggie plays the 5th wr in my empty set which is by formation design. Also your looking at everything my knowin the facts. I have had multiple players miss games.

I have a very good user review score. So obviously I'm not cheesy the way you make it seem as we didn't even play. Good job bud

17. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I'm not saying you're cheesing at all, I simply stated its my opinion that in a SIM OF of Madden, a HB should not be your 2nd best receiver. Some people feel you shouldnt throw to your TE, and my TE is probably my #2 receiver on most of my teams. No need to get all defensive. People can make statements without the intention of attacking someone else.

18. LSUTRUTH

Ok.

19. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I cant' access the link and vote.

20. Ghost

try now

21. Ghost

22. LSUTRUTH

I know this was kind of dead however Seeing as my #1 WR Bess has 46 catches equal to Bush. My #2 WR has 43 catches 3 less than Bush. Considering Fasano has missed 6 weeks Taking my Te position from 23 + 11 +9 (from Clay) is 43 catches at TE. Then consider that I have been messing with my starting WR core all season taking Sims Walker in and out he still had 29 + 6-9 (Coles) + 6-9 (Gates) Brings my other WR total to anywhere from 41-45. So Basicly I have 3 WR averaging 40-45 catches a TE contributing 40 catches and a running back giving the same thing. Yet my stats are unrealistic.

I know your not claiming not to be attacking but that first statement certainly seems as if that is your case right off the bat. Especially because you know absolutely 0 about my team or the way i play. Thus your ASSUMING by looking at my stats that my RB gets a majority of my passes when that is not the case at all.

I had 275 completions. 46 went to Reggie Bush along with 182 rush attempts. Reggie bush caught approximately 16% of my total completions. Equal to my #1 and 3 more than my number 2.

Drew Brees had 468 completions. 86 went to Sproles meaning that HE caught approximately 18% of his total completions.

In 1998 Manning had 326 completions. 86 went to Faulk along with 324 Rush attempts. He caught Approximately 26% of the completions. 27 more catches than Marvin Harrison the 2nd guy on the team.

In 1999 Warner had 325 completions. 87 went to Faulk along with 253 rush attempts. He caught approximately 27% of the completions. 10 more than Issac Bruce and 25 more than Tory Holt.

In 2001 Warner had 375 completions. 83 went to Faulk along with 260 rush attempts. He caught approximately 22% of the completions. 2 more than Holt and 19 more than Bruce.

In 2011 Gabbert had 210 completions. 43 went to MJD along with 343 rush attempts. He caught approximately 20% of the completions. 1 below mike thomas and 4 more than Lewis the TE.

in 2011 Flacco had 312 completions. 76 went to Rice along with 291 rush attempts. He caught approximately 24% of the completions. 19 more than Boldin and 22 more than Dickson.

Fact of the matter is your arent looking at the whole picture and trying to create an argument with little to no ground to stand on. I very rarely talk on these forums like this. However I felt like you took a shot right at my game play.

Its your opinion. However I know of way more seasons like the above listed seasons. If you would like to continue this. As you can see my stats are below all of the above listed season

Have a nice day :)

23. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Justifying what you do in the game with stats from real examples is never a good policy. This has been talked about 100000 times on TSO.

• Like Like x 1
  24. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

If you need to spend this much time defending yourself then you definitely need to re look at what you are doing on offense. This isn't real life it's a video game. No two ways about it if your running back is close to your leading wr in madden that's lame as fuck.

25. LSUTRUTH

Took very little time. Im glad you feel so strongly about it. I have a 8.8 user review rating so obviously i dont play that gay