TMFL - Madden 13 Improvement

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    TMFL,

I'm only posting this in here right now because I know you guys play the game like I do, in a league. I do care about other modes (I'm looking at anyone playing a single player CCM), but I'm really concerned with complaints you've run across during your time in the league. We all know about the salary cap glitch, but what other bugs have you noticed? What improvements would you like to see in CCM?

This isn't a wishlist thread, so don't waste my time with pie in the sky things right now. I want tangible things that I can try to make happen when I go down to EA.

Some examples:
    • The wind indicator is backwards on field goals.
    • You can't move players from DE to OLB.
    • In the off season, there is no way to look at Free Agents attributes.
    • Draft classes aren't random enough.
    • In the off season, the salary screen doesn't reflect the proper year.
    Issues:
    • TBD
    Keep them coming, and I'll add them to my list. If an idea is off base, I will say so.

Fire away.

Shaun

• Like Like x 1
  2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

They should identify the player number instead of position when the other team picks a play.

It could show two RBs, two WR's and a TE and I have no idea if that RB is a FB or if it is a power back.

When a team could come out with two fast scat backs and a fast TE, and Im in a 4-3 because I didn't know the player, the defense is at a major disadvantage in my opinion. They identify the player number in NCAA.

As far as practice goes, I think you should only be able to do each scenario once. Once you beat it, you don't get to do it again that season. Each season it starts fresh.

I think contract demands should be broken down into contract and bonus. Most players want big bonuses and not lengthy contracts. Most users hate giving bonuses, that will create more free agents in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Need practice mode that is not based around XP. I would like to test drive my new players a bit , maybe for fairness same limit the in game time on it to 30min between games.

I think you covered most of the biggies , maybe if possible add something like 2K has (I think anyway, not in a league) where commish can alter a score if users get disconnected.

In game draft board you can set up would be nice not only for organization but in case of not being present for draft or connection issues.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    1) I agree that UI needs to change. Maybe a button click (Right Stick?) to switch between position and number?
    2) Not sure I agree, but I think the risk/reward is garbage on those.
    3) Agreed.

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

• If you cannot make the draft, should be able to make a draft list and have the game pick for you
    • Ability to enable a second draft "admin" in the event you have to pause the draft
    • Ability to change your playbook in the current CCM profile and it carries over to practice.
    • Ability to disable gameflow feature
    Thats all I have for now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Commissioner tools are something they never care about, but I'll keep asking.

Haha, I agree about the draft board obviously.

About practice, I miss the old "pick a play and repeat" practice a bit.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

The gameflow thing is a bug for sure I think.

8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I second what PA said about changing playbooks , I have to practice in damn 3-4 now for rest of my Seahawks life , let me change my PB so that does not happen.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

And not to beat a dead horse but seriously if they can let the madden community cry & bitch about putting in a fantasy draft to the point where they go back and add it then naturally they should want to make a draft board option.

Who has a fantasy draft with no damn draft board ? Lol

10. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Shaun - this is a large compilation I did awhile back that Markus asked for when he made his transition to EA. It's not exactly concise but there is good information in there nonetheless.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1d22JWIErJcBQKMY3Y2b1azLr6bD8r1Kh4YYyO_SZXL4ecw3RFtZSGIXatKo8/edit

• Like Like x 1
  11. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

The ability to change a players position within a certain frame of positions would be a plus. For example: (QB RB FB WR)
    (HB, FB, TE) (WR TE, to avoid the 98 speed TE and effective stat drop could prevent it, if he's too low could get injured maybe?)
    (O-line) (DE, DT) (LB DE same rule would apply for a hyper fast end) (CB, FS, SS) it is important to note that GM's and coaches do this a lot to fill needs as well as to give a player a shot on the team at a different position from the draft or freeagency. two good examples would be college QB Micheal Robinson who is now a FB, and Antwone Randle El who also played QB there are several others but you get the piont.

A way to create custom playbooks for use within CCM would be nice after all this is a football sim and what coach doesn't implimemt his own plays and schemes when he's hired by a team? An idea would be to have it team specific, for instance if Oakland has 5 singleback sets 3 I form and say 4 shotgun sets let that be the limit to how many different sets are allowed as to prevent guys from making SUPER playbooks with 20+ shogun sets along with other unbalanced plays in the same book.

Lastly, am I the only one that liked the drills and the music that came along with them? It would be nice to have that as a practice type add-on not necessarily for rating increases, just somthing to get your stick work up.

12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Wish there was more flexibility with editing players. Can't move FS to SS and vice versa. Can't move T to G, etc. Depth chart doesn't give you enough options (ex. Can't play OT at OG if you have too many Cs or OGs)

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I wouldn't care where players move if there were realistic downsides. Want to move your 5'9 180 pound WR to TE? Go ahead, but he should get destroyed trying to block, and he should struggle to get release off those linebackers. Want to move corner to safety? Go ahead, but you should have a guy who is a liability in the run game. It's all about balance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I don't know if it is something I am doing or what, but it seems every other week I noticed my guys ratings really low and it turns out my schemes I set (individual position scheme's mind you) change on me. I go and reset my guys (for example, OLB to pass rush 3-4 OLB) and a week or two later it is to some 4-3 type. Same with defensive ends and the majority of my defense...really annoying.

15. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Oh yea, I hope they bring back the ability to view/upload plays.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

-I'd like the commentary to represent the current season. Meaning, if I'm in year 5, they shouldn't still be talking about how Eli won the Superbowl over the Patriots in the previous season.

-There needs to be more variables in Free Agency. I love the bidding system, but players NEED preferences in terms of playing time, money, market size, etc. The "player interest" rating seems to be completely arbitrary.

-Attendance still makes no sense. Think back to owner mode via Madden 06, there was a "fan interest meter". If I'm 12-2 with a big market team, every game should be sold out. In M13, ,the slightest bit of weather drives away half of the fans it seems.

• Like Like x 2
  17. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

the EA team needs to play a season of NBA2k13..> The dynamic commentary is fascinating. And Ive played hundreds of games. It's always something new and they talk about previous seasons and the current season.

• Like Like x 2
  18. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I've been saying this for a while. EA could use someone with a musical/producer type background for all sounds in the game. Commentary, crowd noise, ambiance, track listing, etc.

NBA 2K is AMAZING with it's presentation and it really makes a difference.

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Remember, I'm taking bugs or tweaks. Commentary improvement is outside of the scope of that. They get enough of the wishlist stuff. You'll have to trust me when I say these kinds of things are beneficial for me to take with me.

20. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

• Formation Subs (I cant believe Im that guy right now)
    • draft board - either for our own reference or for a cpu auto pick situation
    • playbook changes apply to practice
    • non xp practice (on top of xp practice)
    • Mobile Apps for CCM - iPad/Iphone/Android app for stats/standings/scouting/etc

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

I'm not sure you need an app, but we do need a functional web application. Combine a mobile CSS and it would be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

- Off Season Position Changes
    - Weekly Practice with a focus (Playing Pats, defenders awr increases with zone or man cov / playing Seahawks WR release, route running increases etc...
    - Ability to play O-Linemen any where on line (most offensive linemen know every job on line)
    - Group Substitutions / Unit Subs
    - Ability to change playbook
    - Ability to take coach and points to a new team without retiring (may be able to do this with coaching changes on?? Unsure)
    - Ability to run practice mode with CCM team(s)
    - Ability to set TE or RB on chip blocks for problematic defenders (highlight defender)
    - Ability to set true draft board & CPU draft preference
    - No huddle system similar to NCAA
    - Ability to assign blockers to block specific defender (highlight defender)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Pink zones seem to play flat to curl instead of curl to flat.

Auto contract negotiations if a player is on AP. This may be intentional, I think The Richuation mentioned a way to turn it off?

Ability to see free agent ratings. Or at least a scouting system for free agents similar to the one for the draft.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

HUGE ISSUE imo.

If college kids can run the shit they can on NCAA, let these pros at least be able to do the same. No huddle needs a big time over-fucking-haul.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I agree with you 100% but there are also good examples were it works Oakland would be its poster boy, TE Ausberry college WR same with Reece. FS Huff, corner in college had to play it IRL this year because of depth reasons as did Branch. I threw the example out there to supply some logic behind the post thats all. Cause you and I know there will always be that guy that wants to play Mr.Wizard with his roster. LOL There is a definite need for more roster management options in a "football simulation" and I hope it improves.

• Like Like x 1