TMFL MVP

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by LeGeNd RiPs, Feb 24, 2010.

1. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

TMFL MVP

Hey guys. I was just trying to think of something to get some chatter going in the league and this came to mind.
    Since there are no awards in online franchises, why don't we host our own MVP award.
    We can hold a thread, like this one and have the top ten players in the league(as far as stats go), and hold voting after week 17.
    Just a suggestion. Let me know hot rod.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think that is a great idea Legend. I can help put that together.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Sounds good to me.

4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I just hope that people don't start running up scores and try to pad stats with players because of this.

5. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Well, maybe it doesn't have to be entirely off stats. It can be a mix of that, and if they are truly a game changer from game descriptions, etc.. Which could help put more emphasis on after-game analysis.

Just a thought.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah that is always the issue I see when I have done something like this in the past with NCAA League Heisman race.

7. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I have to agree with kazoo, if its like the NFL MVP it will be stats + leadership+ value to team+ winning record. Me running for 3000 yards with Chris Johnson while losing 10 game would not qualify. If Fooath throws for 6000 yards with English but throws 30 ints hes out too. and if HR scores 22 receiving TDs with Desean Jackson on his way to undefeated, but he scores half of them in the 4th quarter leading big................well you get the idea,........dirty little Desean.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

As long as it is not an Eagle...

9. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Ok. We can get a table up next week with early contenders if you guys want and we can get some chatter going.

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    LMAO, you'll see a couple on there my friend. Don't be a hater!

11. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    While we're at it we might as well do defensive MVP.

12. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

what about ROY and Coach and or GM of the year. factoring in coaching impact, and maybe do a GM of the year voted on by peers that factors trades made, drafting etc. we used to do these things on the PC side back in the day and it all added to the whole experience, heck wewould do probowl teams and all kinds of stuff,................Granted I was single and all I did was work and play madden back then. But you get the idea.

13. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

haha this sounds cool, I'm going to be a little slacker now that Starcraft 2 beta is out... but that means a lot less poker :p I'm going to say that B Wells and Ace Garrison have been great additions to the Carolina panthers roster this yr.