TMFL Offseason Schedule

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    TMFL Offseason Schedule

We are going to try to condense this a bit as I leave town next week for an a few days.

Offseason Steps:
    1. Restricted Free Agency - 3/9/11
    2. Draft - Sunday - 3/11/12
    3. Free Agency - 3/12/12

** Salary Cap Increase **
    I will be increasing the cap 7%. The study I did of the cap actually had an average increase of 9%, but it's inflated a bit because of the years that new televison contracts were put in place. We were actually BELOW average increase the last two years, so I think going at the (non-TV deal years) average is appropriate.

** Trade Committee **
    The new trade committee consists of Shaun Mason, fuzzyl0gic, The Natural, I Peench, @kpdnutter (Unless any of you don't want to, let me know).

Restricted Free Agency

Please use the XFN Front Office to begin making RFA decisions about your roster. Just go into the Front Office and go to Sign/Release. Hit the + sign to begin negotiating with a player. Also note that these ratings are pre-progression/regression - you do not have the luxury of knowing what will happen (although based on last year you have a pretty good idea of what should happen.) Anyway, my point is that once you make these decisions, they are final. We are not going to keep track of some guy who you want to see how he progresses before re-signing him. You either will or he walks into FA and you have to sign him back in open free agency. In any case there are a few very important considerations here.

Requirements
    1. Your roster MUST be at 47 players or less before the draft. Resign the players that you want to re-sign, release the players you want to release. There should not be any players in red, left on your roster. Sign or release them, that's it. If you are trading them, they will need to be signed before you can trade them.

2. All re-signings are done for 3 years MAX - they can be shorter but not longer than 3 years. This is a pain but in order to maintain simplicity it was a necessary step we took last year. True Free agents can demand longer contracts, so keep that in mind. Just know that you'll also be paying market value - so its always a gamble. Risk/reward. If I find that you have re-signed a player for longer than 3 years, I will automatically void the contract and the player with become a free agent. If it is something you have done in error, notify me and I can work with you to fix it.

3. Your roster MUST meet all of the minimum roster requirements before the draft. They are posted below.

QB: 1
    RB: 1
    FB: 1
    WR: 2
    TE: 1
    LT: 1
    LG: 1
    C: 1
    RG: 1
    RT: 1
    LE: 1
    RE: 1
    DT: 2
    LOLB: 1
    MLB: 1
    ROLB: 1
    CB: 2
    FS: 1
    SS: 1
    K: 1
    P: 1

You may also never drop below 30 players.

4. If you cannot meet a minimum position requirement (for example FB, P, K) please sign a BAD player from free agency to fill that roster req. We call these players "placeholders." Sign them for minimum 1 year deals and make sure they do not have a signing bonus (otherwise when they are cut their signing bonus will be applied as a cap penalty). Once you have the placeholder players you need, drop the real players you are getting rid of. Your placeholder players will allow you to sufficiently deal with the minimum roster requirement and once you have signed real players you actually want, you can drop your placeholder players without penalty (once we hit the true free agency period).

5. Your trades cannot be completed right now. However, please at least PROPOSE them in XFN. Do not try to accept, it will not work. But if they are at least proposed, I can manually approve them when the time comes. There will be a period of time before the draft owners can complete trades.

6. We will be making a "checklist" for all the owners to make sure they have completed their tasks. Make sure you are letting me know when your tasks are completed or, if you can, tell me that you need me to do them for you and what you'd like me to do - I figure maybe some people are too busy today to do it or something, so I will help you if I can.

7. If you cannot make the draft, please feel free to send me your draft board or positional needs and I will draft the best players I can find for you (within reason of course). Getting a position player you wanted as opposed to just whatever I can find for you is better than nothing.

8. We will be running our draft mostly via a Skype call and using the XFN chat.

9. I will be applying cap penalties when I figure out how.

===========

If there is any problem hitting this schedule or if you notice I am missing something (which is very possible), now is the time to voice that.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Congrats to you all (the new TC)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I won't be able to make the draft - I am in Nashville Fri-Sunday.

I suggest you talk with Emmdot about the offseason process as ours was far from perfect last year. Given that people are already doing their resignings (albeit without any direct word from you) your hands are already tied as to how the process is going to go. There is some flexibility with when to do the RFA signings but if people are doing it already, you will have to follow the process from last year.

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Keller - Is it possible to open FA BEFORE the draft and end AFTER it?

5. Keller

I don't think so.

Progression/regression hasn't even taken place yet - why would you want to?

Come to chatbox for questions.

6. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I was told that there was a way to do progression/regression prior to the RFA period...is this no longer an option??

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm at work.

Mind helping me out with doing progression and all?

8. Keller

The process you have outlined here is fine.

Progression takes place AFTER we advance the league on the console. We just have to make sure we are ready for those ramifications when we do that - the key of which being free agents.

Do we do RFA before or after the console advance? We've always done it prior to it, but that doesn't mean its the right way. If we do it before, that means the FA pool will be loaded up and some legwork will need to be done to ensure those guys don't get deleted (IE, put them on dummy teams to keep them from being deleted out of FA).

If we do it after the console advance, progression/regression has taken place but you'll still have to find a way to make sure all teams are below 47 players. That means that SOME of the RFAs will probably need to be processed but not all. Mustang would be a good one to talk to about this scenario, as I have never done things that way. I just get us all prepped and ready to go then advance everything to the XFN draft (which on the console means the league is sitting on week 1 and owners can't touch anything otherwise everything gets fucked up - and i do mean everything)

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Jmustang1968

Any advice for me here?

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

You can do it either way. I always did it the way Keller has done it before, doing it before progression. However, I accidentally was forced to do it the other way this time, and I prefer it that way.

Just have guys get down to 47. They can cut the guys who are red, or guys still under contract. The guys they are debating on, well they will get a better since if they want to keep them after progression occurs. I think overall that is the better way. Also less risk of losing stud players too early.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    What if you have a team that has more than 47 players they have signed and/or intend to keep via RFA?

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I also dont know why it is called RFA. It is just your time to re-sign your players with expiring contracts. Teams typically get first crack at re-signing expiring contracts. XFN doesnt even allow you to extend out contracts if they arent in their last year anyway... I would just call it the FA re-signing period

13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

guys will get randomly dropped off their team when the draft occurs. If they leave it over 47, they are risking losing their franchise QB that way. They will just have to make a few tough decisions and have to bid on guys they want to retain in FA. It isnt that tough really, I havent had an issue yet with having to cut down.

And they have to get down to 47 if you do it before or after, it makes no difference.

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Currently XFN is not reflecting any changes in progression levels yet. Shaun Mason just an fyi.

15. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

This is awesome Shaun.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  16. PAgamer07

I feel like the answer is no, but is there a way to change primary positions for players?

17. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

There is not a way to change primary positions for players, however if you check the rules you will see what other positions we allow players to play at. Any further questions or if you feel it's debatable on if you can play them there or not feel free to post it up (y)

18. PAgamer07

Nope, just trying to fix my roster. I have 3 LT and 1 RT, and I want to release the RT but the dumb game wont let me :(

19. PAgamer07

I see no way to sign guys.

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It's on the same screen as your RFA, unless I'm mistaken.

21. PAgamer07

Sorry, I mean free agents. For instance, I want a placeholder RT so I can release the guy I dont want to pay.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Ok, so I am resigning my guys- is this the wrong time to do it Shaun Mason ?

23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

It is to the right in the sign/release tab

there is no RFA screen...

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Do you know where the screen to resign your players is?

XFN->Front Office->Sign / Release

The left column is your guys, the right side if FA.

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Where you can sign your RFA is what I meant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.