TMFL Offseason

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We advanced so you may now see the progression/regression of your players. I got fucked :(

Draft is Tuesday at 9pm EST. Be there or be square. If you need someone to draft for you, that can be arranged. I normally end up drafting for someone, so please contact me if you need to.

There are no Max $$$ accelerators this year but past seasons accelerators will still apply. There would be a few extreme cases where they were necessary (IE ATL WR Boris Roland) but as he remains under contract it doesn't really affect anything.

We will be increasing the cap as previously discussed at a rate of 3$ per offseason or 12$ total to bring the Cap ceiling to 262$. As a way of rewarding teams who managed their cap better than others, free agency will be the best yet as I will be perusing CPU teams and dropping some good players.

Remember that your roster must be at 48 players or less before the draft. Also remember that some players will be deleted from Free Agency (remember Ryan Grant?) So my suggestion to you is to only drop players that you won't miss.

After the draft, we will have a very long restricted FA period. This is partly because I'm going out of town for the 4th of July for an entire week and its unvoidable. You will spend this time getting your rosters ready for Free Agency. Every player not under contract must either be re-signed or released. Remember to list all of that information in your roster management threads - when I come back I will signoff on your roster management threads and open up Free Agency, which will run just like last year.

As for this season, expect the pace of things to pick up quite a bit. NCAA 12 comes out on the 12th and Madden comes out August 30th. That means in order to finish the season, we will have to move to 3 advances a week. Heres the plan:

July 9,10 - Week 1
    11-13th - Week 2
    13-15 - Week 3
    16,17 - Week 4
    18-20 - Week 5
    20-22 - Week 6
    23,24 - Week 7
    25-27 - Week 8
    27-29 - Week 9
    30,31 - Week 10
    1-3 - Week 11
    3-5 - Week 12
    6,7 - Week 13
    8-10 - Week 14
    10-12 - Week 15
    13,14 - Week 16
    15-17 - Week 17
    17-19 - Wildcard
    20,21 - Divisional
    22-24 - Championship
    25-30 - Superbowl
    30 - Madden 12

Sunday advances will be late, like 10pm EST or so.
    Wednesday advances will be around dinner time - 6-8pm EST.
    Friday advances will be late, like 10pm EST or later.

Heres a visual calendar for you guys to help stay on track. Print it off if you have to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Copeland went up 6 nice. Not much other movement except for cb jackson dropping 4-5 after having 9 ints...

3. Keller

I really got hosed on regression as well - just makes no damn sense. God I hope they let us control that next year.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Cheese

5. Keller

No way jose. I have already been brainstorming ideas about how to "fairly" allow people to have input on how their team progresses.

I'm thinking of something like a "star player" as well as some "franchise players," that each team designates - that type of designation would ensure that players progress as expected, based on their statistics and age group (think about how Josh Looman talked about offline progression.) In addition, we would be able to positively change potentials as well - if say, a C potential WR ended up leading the league in receptions and yards, we could put together some type of review system that would allow him to become and A potential player.

Bottom line is I have a lot of ideas - EA just has to give me the reigns and I'll turn this league into something really special - not that it isn't great in its own way already.

I need a damn co-host so I can start doing podcasts again.....

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I said I would

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I was just messing with you.

8. Keller

Im free today/tonight if you want to do one. The only problem is the damn website has been down so I can't pull any stats.

Feel free to come up with what you want to talk about, since we wont be able to recap a lot of games outside of who won what.

We can talk draft class - offseason - potential FAs - Madden 12..... hit me up with ideas.

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ok I can do it this evening when I get home. We can get on skype ahead of time and kind of discuss an outline of what we want to do before hand. I will think of some ideas

10. Keller

Text me when you'll be hopping on Skype.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Alright, if you could see if you can link me the google doc of the upcoming draft. I can click the link, but my filter blocks my search efforts to get that far on my own

12. Keller

13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

14. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

When is FA going to start? We got a tight schedule to stay on top of, so get your restricted FA signed or cut. Also, I have some CPU controlled FA cuts I think would be cool.

Bears:
    HB- Forte

Bengals:
    SS- Leonard

Browns:
    HB- Hillis
    WR- Cribbs
    RE- Olshansky
    MLB- Roberson

Chargers:
    HB- Sproles
    SS- Gregory

Eagles:
    LT- Peters
    RT- Justice
    LE- Graham
    ROLB- Sims

Jaguars:
    LT- Monroe

Lions:
    RT- Cherilus
    RT- Layton

Patriots:
    TE- Gronkowski
    MLB- Guyton

Rams:
    CB- Greer

Redskins: (team only has 3 CB)
    QB- McNabb

Steelers:
    WR- Jones

15. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I'd Add QB Colt McCoy from the Browns, they have 3 starting quality QBs.

16. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

So when does your vacation end, Keller. When do you think free agency will start?

17. Keller

I'm still kicking back with a cold one fellas - I tried to warn you guys that it would be a long break. I get back into town tomorrow but I will be moving. I expect things to get rolling around Sunday maybe?

18. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

I heeded, the warning, enjoy your time. I just didn't see any estimated date of your return.

19. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

I will be out of town Saturday thru wednesday, will try to check in via phone, but yea.... limited time....