TMFL Over/Under: S2W1

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Cole Copeland, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

[​IMG]

Welcome to the first annual TMFL Over/Under competition. Every week I will give you all 5 topics to decide if the given amount of points/yards/touchdowns/etc etc will be over or under what is expected. Everyone should know what that means, if not, you are welcome to PM me and I will try to explain further. Each topic is worth one point and at the end of the TMFL season, the person with the most points wins. Simple concept that I hope will be entertaining for everyone who participates and also gives a bit of bragging rights each week. So, with that being said, here are your week one topics:

1) After an offseason overhaul from NeuroticTruth and the Saints, they travel to Philadelphia to face off against Sgt Jowers and his Eagles. Saints score 28.

2) JJ Watt, after much controversy, is now a Packer ( dakota7 ). Will the Panthers ( fuzzyl0gic ) be able to stop him? 2 sacks for JJ.

3) There are two new owners. Gyrene76 at Miami and Papa Perry at New England. Do they have the game figured out or will they struggle early? 42 combined points.

4) Two of the hardest runners in the league face off in Week 1. Adrian Peterson ( KnightNoles ) and Marshawn Lynch ( PAgamer07 ) will be called often and early. 250 combined yards.

5) Reigning TMFL champion ( biggcoug65 ) hosts the Rams ( BRUCE80 ). Bruce had a solid offseason and will be one of the under the radar teams IMO. 49ers win by 17.

TMFL25 please post your answers in this thread in the format below. I will keep track of everyone's answers and will post the standings weekly.

EXAMPLE)

1) Over, *reason or comments*

2) Under, *reason or comments*

3) Under, *reason or comments*

4) Under, *reason or comments*

5) Over, *reason or comments*

• Like Like x 4
  2. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

1.Over, I have had a lot of high scoring games with Jowers, and I think NT is capable enough even without Brees to get over 28.

2. Under

3. Over, I think the final score of this is gonna be somewhere around 35-21 for the Dolphins

4. Over, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was held under 100

5. Under, 49ers win by 14.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

1) Under, but I don't think it will take long for him to start putting up points in Nawlins.

2) Under because of Cam and Fuzzy being aware of him-- 3 sacks is asking a lot in a debut. (If I could I would say even though, I don't think 2 is crazy)

3) Over- Josh is good and will score at least 30-- Perry is competent enough to put up a few scores I think.

4) Under- because I think everyone will guess over. This is one is a crapshoot and could go either way.
    5) Over, 49ers are just damn good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    1. Under - If this was later in the season, I'd probably go over here but this is his first game without Brees and Graham. I think Neu could struggle to find an identity early on in this game.

2. Under - Just not going to many sacks from a 3-4 DE in this game.

3. Over - It's easier to get a grasp on offense than defense in M25, imo. This could be a high scoring game.

4. Over - Peterson has had quite a few games where he has been close to reaching that all by himself.

5. Under - Just hard to pick a spread of that many points. Coug very well could do that, but I think under just has better odds of happening.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

1. Over, Lance Moore Cheese will get him over

2. Under, Cam is too shifty in the hole

3. Over, Josh will score that by himself

4. Way over. Noles will cheesedick close to 200 alone

5. Under, should be around 14 or 7

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cole Copeland

Also worth noting guys, and I'm sorry for not posting this sooner, this will close as soon as one of the games mentioned in the topics has been played.

7. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

1) Over.

2) Under

3) won't vote on mine.

4) Over

5) Under

------

I don't know enough to give commentary yet. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

1. Under: I'm going to say they score 21. But Jowers is no easy game you can just throw points against.

2. Under: In real life I'd take the over. But 3-4 DEs don't get as much pressure, especially in Watts case, as they should.

3. Over: Perry has a high powered offense and Josh is one of the best minds in the game. Even with his so-called (aka totally bullshit) "rust" this game will go over 42 points one way or the other.

4. Over: Both guys run the ball really well and neither defense is that suffocating.

5. Over: Cougs is the champ for a reason. This is my least confident bet as Bruce is hardly a scrub. Just think the talent disparity of the rosters hurts him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

1 under
    2 under
    3 over
    4 over
    5 under

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

EXAMPLE)

1) Over, *reason or comments*

2) Under, *reason or comments*

3) Under, *reason or comments*

4) Under, *reason or comments*

5) Over, *reason or comments*

:grumpy:

• Like Like x 1
  11. dakota7

Trying to squeeze something in during bedtime. This expires once the first game is played douche.

• Like Like x 2
  12. fuzzyl0gic

1) Under, Eagles defense is too tough for the newly acquired Freeman.

2) Under, Panthers don't take many sacks, and they probably should as they'd rather throw an INT.

3) Over, Josh will get things going early.

4) Under, PAgamer07 is too sim.

5) Under, 49ers win by 14 or less.

• Like Like x 2
  13. fuzzyl0gic

See, that comment plus four more and you'd be done. :troll:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

1. Under, the Philadelphia defense will make necessary stops along the way.
    2. Under, Fuzzy won't throw enough for Watt to make a big impact as a pass rusher.
    3. Over, I expect a score in the mid-twenties.
    4. Under, One of the two will be over a hundred, but hard to see both get enough for them to go over 250.
    5. Over, Niners look strong to repeat and will cover 17.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

1) After an offseason overhaul from NeuroticTruth and the Saints, they travel to Philadelphia to face off against Sgt Jowers and his Eagles. Saints score 28.

UNDER, If he scores 28 it will be 28 nothing more.

2) JJ Watt, after much controversy, is now a Packer ( dakota7 ). Will the Panthers ( fuzzyl0gic ) be able to stop him? 2 sacks for JJ.

Scratch, I think he will get two.

3) There are two new owners. Gyrene76 at Miami and Papa Perry at New England. Do they have the game figured out or will they struggle early? 42 combined points.

Under, Josh still getting accustomed to the league and Perry is a defensive struggle kinda guy.

4) Two of the hardest runners in the league face off in Week 1. Adrian Peterson ( KnightNoles ) and Marshawn Lynch ( PAgamer07 ) will be called often and early. 250 combined yards.

Under, AP gets 150 or so... Marshawn won't hit 100.

5) Reigning TMFL champion ( biggcoug65 ) hosts the Rams ( BRUCE80 ). Bruce had a solid offseason and will be one of the under the radar teams IMO. 49ers win by 17.

Under, Bruce is pretty good and can play with the best of em.

16. dakota7

17. Cole Copeland

FYI. No points for even :)

18. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

UNDER:
    Only and if the Iggles can limit the big play, and we don't think Josh Freeman is about that life.

UNDER:
    Fuzzy will be aware of JJ's presence on the field, he may get one, I'd expect 2 from Clay.

UNDER:
    Two "new" members adjusting to the sliders and personnel on the field, I guess we'll see who labbed more. They'll ring up 41.

UNDER:
    AP will win the head to head battle but still find it tough to find space. 120 for AP, 70 for Beast Mode.

UNDER: Bruce is a savvy vet, and had a very nice off season, he is also familiar with the 49ers play style. Game will come down to 3rd down stops and turnovers, Rams cover indeed.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

1) Under, the Iggles have a stout defense

2) Under, but I think he will get two sacks to make it even. Noob needs to say 2.5 :p

3) Over, two users that have high powered offenses.

4) Under, I think they will combine for around 220

5) Under, the game will be won by 10-14 points

• Like Like x 1
  20. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    More like "Under - Because Colston is too damn slow to outrun defenders in open space."

• Like Like x 1