TMFL Podcast 2

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

2. Keller

3. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

great work again @Keller @rushers24
    prepare for a heavy dosage of javon ringer and anthony aldridge, keller (lol, i miss cj)

4. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Great job once again guys. I still think it'd be worth having a strategy segment at least once the NFL season is over to get a few tips from some of the successful owners.

5. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I don't remember the Lions game, that was a week ago haha...from what I can remember...I was up 7-0...heading to for a 14-0 lead and threw a damn interception, then I had the Lions in a 3rd down, he threw a deep ass ball to Calvin Johnson, Gamble got out-jumped, then got out-jumped again on a corner td, it just went down hill from there, I couldn't cover Johnson and I was struggling to run, got stuck in a bunch of 3rd and shorts and couldn't convert. :)

btw, you guys act shocked about the Panthers/Falcons Week 17 game..I beat him earlier this season [​IMG] oohh and the "big plays" for both sides were alot of broken tackles

6. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Great job guys, its fun listening. Can't believe I only got called a Douche... I was expecting an entire segment!

Format- I like it. First part of the pod cast cover current issues. You should also maybe give props to the best recaps to try and give a little more incentive to write them.

Either way great job, not sure why but it is fun to listen too!

7. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Even better than Episode one. As for iso weak and Felix Jones going 90+. In my defense the previous 2 3rd and shorts Felix was running off RT so I overloaded to keep him from getting to the next level........................yeah good though there Chicken.

8. Keller

@ Everyone - don't forget we need everyone to submit their 1 choice for each award winner. Just PM me and have the title be something like "awards" so I know what it is and not to open it until we're ready to tally the votes.

Sorry I forgot to mention that in the podcast.

9. Keller

So far the only feedback we have is that we need to do a strategy segment and also recognize people who are posting good recaps, is that right?

Just trying to improve anyway we can.

10. Keller

Can you guys tell us how you feel about the length of the podcast? Is it too long or too short? Too much analysis of games, too little analysis?

I kinda thought of it more as a radio show but I realize some people might just look at it like its news. What do you guys think it should be?

11. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

@Keller @rushers24

Normally if you asked me to listen to 45 minutes of a couple guys talking I'd say you were crazy but I listened to entirety of both podcasts and really liked what you guys were doing. I guess the only other thing I can recommended is something you're starting to already do which is having the podcast separated into different segments. Like instead of having just an NFL discussion, break it down into picks of the week or something.

Oh yeah and I can't believe nobody has commented on the awesome choice of music.

12. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

@Keller @rushers24

I enjoy these shows. You two have pretty good radio voices - seriously. I agree with the strategy segment - if you guys don't want to reveal your game all the time, maybe have a guest come on for strategy segments sometimes. I'd like to hear more about the league and the teams that make it up. Maybe a thread that allows owners to talk about their own teams would be good. Then you guys could pull from that for topics from time to time.

45 minutes is maybe 15 minutes too long in my opinion. If I'm going to be doing some mindless work on the computer for that length of time, then it's no problem, but otherwise, it's tough to sit down for a 45 minute stretch. My thoughts would be to scrap the "real" NFL talk. I get ESPN and get tired of them because it's pushed on me all the time. Nothing against y'alls talents (they're solid), but I'd rather just hear about the TMFL or madden in general.

Point of note: Chiefs beat Denver 17-7 in week 1 or 2. It was said that Denver beat me twice down the stretch.

Otherwise, very nicely done. I appreciate the work you guys are doing. Keep it up and I'm sure interest in the league will jump - especially into Madden 12.

13. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Great job again Keller and Rush on the podcast. It really came out great and is something I definitely enjoy listening too. I don't feel it's too long at all.

I will say it would have been nice to mention all the games that were played, lol no mention at all of the Cardinals Browns game. I do like the predictions of the real NFL but really enjoy the stuff about the league. It gives it that live feeling to our league and very nicely done once again.

14. Keller

Thanks for the help guys.

Make sure you guys are submitting your votes to me - I only have 5 submissions thus far.

15. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I'll turn mine in tonight.

16. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I'll second Sub and Sib's comments I saw the first one was 47 minutes long and thought "Wow, @rushers24 and @Keller must have had phone sex and recorded it, what could they talk about for 45 minutes????" I was wrong, its great, listened to both of them completely through.

Also Keller you have an eerily John Clayton-esque voice its kinda messing with me. Rush just sounds like an undefeated Maddener :) And the side comments are money. Segments are good. you guys bring attention to games that I would otherwise never even notice in a given week.

17. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Haha, Thanks!

18. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

@Keller @rushers24
    Yea great job guys.

As far as segments. I was thinking about it while listening, maybe go something like this:
    Segment#
    1- Cover any league controversy's, rules changes, or issues here.
    2- Recap of big games, maybe the coach with the best written recap gets on and gives it on the show. This could encourage recaps.
    3- Standings, playoff race, big suprises and let downs.
    4- Strategy- If someone is really good at something, bring them on the show and share.
    5- Predictions for the next 1-2 weeks, look forward to big games.
    6- Closing.

As far as length, I would say shoot for 30-60 minutes as content allows. Dont try and go too long when there just isnt much to talk about.

19. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

yea great podcast... I think u could skip the NFL talk and maybe cut if down to 30ish minutes, but I love how when you talk about my games the name Brandon Marshall gets mentioned about 50 times, heh. Also, I'm glad I was actually picked to win a game, sheesh.... :)