TMFL Podcast is back!

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Nicely done once again guys, and yes in Week 17 I hope the Cowboys play all there starters and absolutely in Week 17 it will be HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

3. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Downloading to droid

4. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Well done again guys. Dammit @Keller if I didn't feel shitty enough already about this season you had to go and make it worse with the disappointed comment :( You definitely echoed what I've believed all season about my team though. All the games I've played have been entirely determined by momentum shifts. One small mistake and the entire team goes to shit.....all of a sudden nobody can tackle or catch any balls, fumbles galore, etc. My wins have all been because I was able to jump out in front early and all of a sudden every player is playing pro-bowl caliber football. There is a lot that still needs to be done in building the team up and I feel like I still have a lot to learn as a Madden player. Maybe you or Rush can jump on with me sometime and give me a few pointers.

As far as Madden 12 goes I think we should try to structure our last Madden 11 season to end around when 12 comes out. Give a week or so from the launch date to let everybody pick up a copy and get situated and then get things back in gear.

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I really would prefer not to do the restart after season 1. Performance in season 1 should effect progression for season 2, not to mention draft order. I much prefer continuity. The rosters should be the preseason rosters anyway. Make your guys get a name for themselves (yes I realize the potential rating does throw this off some)

6. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

@rushers24

Now when you say you played shitty...I get it, but don't play down the Giant victory buddy. I guess we all play shitty when we lose though right? Like the Bills/Cowboys superbowl? Who plays shitty and wins? ... oh wait! you did the first time we played this season lol. I just managed to play shittier, haha. If I manage to advance in the playoffs and end up playing you again....its gonna be intense.

With Madden 12, I am for either starting when everyone gets the game in a week or so...or after the first roster update, which is usually on opening kickoff...IF THERE IS ONE THIS YEAR.

7. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

surprise onside kick...rare enough to me, I would say once every 2 seasons.

8. Keller

@sibellius - sorry man - i wasn't trying to make it worse, lol.

@XLenceofXQtion - do you know whether or not you would win the division if the cowboys lost to the giants?

Surprise onside kick will be an interesting topic heading into next year.

@everyone else - need opinions on onside kick as well as how we're going to jump into Madden 12.

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

im fine either way on onsides kick crap

10. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Nice show as always, glad to see it back.

Thanks for giving the Broncos some bulletin board material with both of you picking my Chiefs week 17.

@OnsideKicks - Would like to see these very limited. Either of your ideas are fine with me, either once a season or once in the season and playoffs.

@Madden12 - I feel stronger about this one. Some of the statements above have hit the nail on the head and carry my same opinion. I'd vote for the following things:

1. Finish Madden 11 OF strong. I agree with sibelles that we should try to coordinate a season to end in early August right before the launch of M12.
    2. I think we should start a franchise soon after the drop, but allow at least a week. During that week we can figure out who gets what team, recruit new owners, do some practicing, roster management, etc.
    3. I don't think we should reset after the 1st season. I understand getting the roster updates, but I don't think it's worth it. I agree totally with @Jmustang1968 statement about continuity.

11. Keller

@sub - I understand everyone wanting to finish Madden 11 somehow in coordination with the launch of Madden 12 but at the expense of what? What if we are mid-season and its August 1st - then what? Sim to the playoffs?

Thats 2 votes for starting about a week or two out from madden 12 release and maintaining the same franchise file. 0 votes for any other approach.

I do like the onside kicks being limited to once a season or one reg season one post season - to be honest I can definitely see us going with that approach unless we find some other evidence to show that we should not. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Lets get some other opinions on these things.

12. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

We have enough time to plan this out....we could cut some time off the preseason period and maybe a few advances in order to finish out that specific season by the target date.

And as far as the onside kicks go, I don't really want to make a decision until I see how EA handles it. If they designed it in a way that prevents it from being abused I'm all for it but knowing EA thats probably not going to be the case.

13. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

TMFL Madden 11 Possible Schedule:

These dates are in coordination with our current advance schedule

04/03 - Playoffs Begin
    04/17 - 2013 Draft
    04/23 - Kickoff 2013
    07/03 - 2014 Draft
    07/09 - Kickoff 2014
    08/11ish - 2012 Madden Release
    09/04 - 2014 Playoffs Begin

Looks like we could complete next year with ease, but would have trouble getting in 2014. Maybe we could have daily advances just for the heck of it... maybe we just simulate the season and take July off... I put the schedule down just to see for myself what might happen. I allowed 10-12 days for the 2012 and 2013 playoffs.

Would it be terrible if we were starting the playoffs when Madden 12 dropped? Maybe if we speed some things up we could get there, but then again, that might take away from the integrity of the league.

It surely is something to think about/discuss.

14. Keller

Heres the logo since I want you opinions and no one has given me them yet.

[​IMG]

15. Keller

I did the exact math a few months ago and ended up with something like that. Thats why I've been telling guys like the Seahawks and even the Cards to just throw your games cuz you're going to need that high pick to get 2 impact players and maybe even another starter if you're lucky in the 3rd round and with only 1 real, for sure season left, you gotta capitalize on the limited opportunities.

I'm not opposed to kicking off another season in July and simply simulating us to the Playoffs - If you get there you enjoy the playoffs, if you don't get there too bad. I've played in leagues in the past where they played seasons 1 and 2 then simmed 3 then played 4 then simmed 5 and so on - it actually works out okay because then people don't focus on stacking their team with 99spd 57ovr WR's and such. It forces you to have to build the right way.

The good news is if we roll into Madden 12 with the same group of guys - we are set for a truly epic Madden league.

16. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

The Cowboys/Bills SB game does not compare at all. But your right about our first game. Coincidence that I played bad in both games? I'm going with no. You def deserve credit for making me play bad. I think we both have played terrible on offense in both games, it's just a matter of who played worse. But when all the smoke cleared, I felt like I got robbed in the end with that fumble.

17. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Onside kick its whatever you guys decide its not really a big deal for me.

Madden 12: I want to start a week or 2 after release playing straight through no restarts. When 12 drops 11 gets traded in so we need to be done when the release date rolls around. @Keller how are we gonna pick teams because I was wanting to run with my boys the Saints.

18. Keller

Thats 3 votes for no restarts - I'm guessing you guys will change your mind when some undrafted FA ends up A pot 80ovr, lol. Anywayssss

@capp - excellent question. Being that we are now established, every single TMFL owner is going to have 1st crack over everyone one else, besides other TMFLers. Basically it'll go like this.

1. TMFLers keep existing team first and foremost.
    2. TMFLers wishing to switch teams may switch to an open team.
    3. If there are two existing TMFLers that want to switch to the same currently open team, we will give preference based on seniority and if all else fails a coin flip. Whether or not you are a premier member on Tradition may also be a factor. I reserve the right to make a decision based on my own personal opinion of the owners in question as well.
    4. Other users start picking teams.

Its our league, we get first crack over everyone else, bottom line. We're not merging leagues and all the hoopla like we did last season - this is it.

19. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

True...those fumbles are the worst. Thats the reason I lost to the Ravens. More than one fumble.

20. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

If Cowboys lose to Ravens...Cowboys/Giants will be tie...Head to Head, Division, Conference, common opponent (Ravens). Tied Tied Tied...
    EA did not put ALL the tie breakers in Madden, that would be too deep. So, the Cowboys would win the division Alphabetically.

21. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Probably wont matter. I don't see Cowboys losing to the Ravens.

22. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

@rushers24

another perspective...maybe that fumble didn't cost you the game? You were up by 3, and just had to hold me to a FG to put it into OT or keep me from driving 75 yards for the go ahead TD. The defense didn't do its job went it counted most.

23. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

the out of box roster is usually pretty terrible..... i would be okay with running through one season, then resetting, kind of like we did this year, but with some modifications like keeping trades made in season one and resignings, etc.

usually, the rookies are the ones that get the biggest impact from out of box rosters and opening day rosters, so we really are only hurting ourselves in the long run for a multiple season league.

Or, if we waited until opening day rosters came out to start the new league... but that would be a long 6 weeks to wait......

24. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

True, the game would not have been over. But I liked my chances alot going into that situation on the 35. Worst case scenario, I miss the FG and make you use all three timeouts, which would have been a big difference in running two min offense vs having all 3. Regardless it was a great game. I'm sure we will have many more.

25. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

@Keller

i expect you to say some nice things about the "Roc" in the next podcast..