TMFL Power Rankings Week 14

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Subkontraktor, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

One undefeated team left, will it last?

Rank. Last Week's Rank. Team. (Record). (PvP Record) - Blurb

1 -- 2. Bills - (13-0) (6-0) - Win vs CPU Bengals
    2 -- 1. Cowboys -(12-1 (8-1) - Ding dong the streak is dead.
    3 -- 3. Lions - (10-3) (6-3) - Win vs CPU Bears
    4 -- 4. Packers - (9-4) (5-3) - Lost to CPU Titans
    5 -- 5. 49ers - (8-4-1) (5-3) - Win vs CPU Jets
    6 -- 6 . Rams - (9-3-1) (4-2) - Simmed win vs Seahawks
    7 - 12. Giants - (11-2) (3-2) - Huge win puts New York on the map.
    8 -- 7. Broncos - (10-3) (4-3) - Win vs CPU Buccaneers
    9 -- 8. Chiefs - (10-3) (4-3) - Win vs CPU Chargers
    10 - 11. Ravens - (9-4) (4-4) - Ravens keep playoffs in sight with win over Oakland.
    11 - 13. Vikings - (9-4) (3-3) - Vikes rebound with big win over Cards.
    12 -- 9.. Browns - (8-5) (3-5) - Slumping Browns drop close one to Dolphins.
    13 - 10. Raiders - (8-5) (3-4) - JoHud sent to desperation mode after latest loss.
    14 - 14. Dolphins - (9-4) (2-4) - Stryder playing tough in time for playoff race.
    15 - 15. Falcons - (8-5) (2-4) - Win vs CPU Saints
    16 - 16. Cardinals - (5-8) (2-8) - Tough schedule continues to show it's wear on Zona.
    17 - 18. Panthers (6-7)(1-1) - Win vs CPU Eagles
    18 - 17. Seahawks- (3-10) (1-6) - Simmed loss to Rams

Week 14 PvP Results:
    Miami 38, Cleveland 31
    NY Giants 21, Dallas 17
    Minnesota 38, Arizona 14
    Baltimore 19, Oakland 17

Week 15 PvP Games:
    St. Louis (9-3-1) at Arizona (5-8)
    Denver (10-3) at Oakland (8-5) - My GOTW
    Seattle (3-10) at Miami (9-4)
    Buffalo (13-0) at San Francisco (8-4-1)

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I think with the gravity of the Giants Win you gotta catapult them up the charts. They may not have as many PvP wins but i would have them in my top 5. The Bret Harts showed they are a force to be reckoned with.

I dunno if my Bills will hold on to go undefeated - I feel like I'm due for some bad games and I need to get those outta the way before the playoffs. Not to mention I should probably not be playing all my starters anyway.

3. Subkontraktor

I gave the Giants a +5.

Staring at the power rankings, I feel like my opinion has been left out. Not wanting to favor some and disrespect others, I've pretty much stuck to the PvP records for ranking teams. I thought that would be more "official."

If I were to pop out a Power Rankings purely on opinion, it may look something like this:

edit: I gave up... there's just not enough to seperate teams by, especially the teams that I do know a little about... example:

How do I rank the following teams: Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Browns, Ravens?

Chiefs beat Broncos, Raiders beat Chiefs, Chiefs beat Raiders, Broncos beat me up late last year, Raiders beat Broncos, Broncos beat Browns, Browns beat Raiders, Browns beat Chiefs, Ravens beat Raiders, Chiefs beat Ravens, Ravens and Browns split, and so on.

I'm not as up-to-date on the NFC doings (can't rattle these off my head like I did mostly for the AFC), but I think it's similar, especially in the NFC North.

Easy to rank you, commish, but after the top 3 or so, it's a clusterfudge.

4. Keller

Oh I totally understand but I'm just speaking to my opinion. I was hoping some more people would chime in and bitch about where they're at.

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Cough except against the Dolphins to keep them out of the playoffs Cough

• Like Like x 1
  6. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I was hoping to be ranked higher than the 3 and 4 loss teams...but I guess thats what strenght of schedule is all about...but as mentioned in the podcast. Its playoff mode, and nobody in the top 12 should be a non-playoff team.

7. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

oh and since my next 3 games are cpu game, I guess that means I will drop back down to 10 when reg season is over.

8. Subkontraktor

Hey XLance.... you lost to the Ravens. Chiefs beat the Ravens. Yet, you're ranked higher than both of those teams...

The computer games are practice. A few teams have lost 1 time to the CPU, but overall the league is probably something like 98-3 against the CPU. Why should I give you so much credit when 7 of your wins were practice games?

I know it's luck of the draw on the schedule, but these power rankings are just for fun, don't mean a lot, and the real winners will step forward come playoff time.

Run through sibelles's schedule, and you might have trouble getting to that 10-2 mark.

9. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

no biggie... I just had high hopes after doing what nobody could do in 3 1/2 seasons ;)

10. Keller

Lets be serious - Rush went down in the Superbowl, the biggest stage of them all. MUAHAHAHAHA

11. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I beat the Texans (CPU) this week. Another injury... this time to Jennings. I think the injuries to my team should knock me down a few pegs. Sucks too how it happened. He caught a pass on the goal-line and got horse collared. He just layed there for a few minutes and left the game with a herniated disk! Out 5 weeks. Oh, and they never gave the TD to him, as they spotted the ball on the 1 mm line:()

Current injuries to team:

CB Shields (75 OVR) out 2 weeks- 97 speeds makes him play way above his ovr.
    RG Sitton (91 OVR) out 3 weeks
    CB T. Williams (86 OVR) out 4 weeks
    WR Jennings (91 OVR) out 5 weeks

12. Keller

Injuries hit everyone man - its part of the game - although in your case it is pretty bad. I've played the last couple weeks with Fred Jackson as my #4 WR because two of my WR's went down for extended periods of time. Luckily I got Roscoe Parrish back this week and he was huge in his first game back - stay tuned for the recap on that.

13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

ya, this week I should have everyone back healthy except for Rice who is out 6 weeks and would probably only be back if I made the conf champ game or SB... He was out 6 weeks before that and made a return for a game and a half only to get hurt again. Parris is finally back for me, and starting MLB Henderson is back as well. Hopefully I stay healthy for these last 3 big games. Not having Jennings will be huge in our rematch

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I think injuries are hurting everyone, I've been without Brian Orakpo for more than half the year, he played the first 6 games and played great, went out for 5 weeks and came back and the week following his return (which was against the Raiders to help a key victory there) then went down again to his 2nd, Broken Collarbone of the year, my big offseason addition and he is out for another 5 weeks so I wont see him again until the conference title if I make it there, and rookie DE Chris Spence who has helped in the run game and some good pass rushing to go with Dion Cooper is out for another 5 weeks with a dislocated hip, so the injury bug is hurting everyone. My big time strength was my defense I was ranked number 1 last year on defense and this year has been an up and down year because of guys going down to injuries.

Dorian Hill was out for 3 weeks
    Demond Cooper for 3 weeks
    Brian Orakpo was out for 10 weeks
    Chris Spence out for 6 weeks
    Kierre Roberson out for 4 weeks
    Donelle Ellerbe out for 3 weeks

lol so injuries have racked up for everyone, but so far my offense has stayed in tack except for like a game injury or a week or two on offense.

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Losing Rice was bad. He was my #1 target and was averaging 100+ yards a game for me. I picked up Cotchery in FA but he is a fary cry from Rice.

16. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Heck yeah...I dealt with injuries regulary throught the first 11-12 weeks of the season. Now only one player injured...hopefully we stay healthy now. They need to put in Health traininers that you can hire like they did for offline franchise. Help guys come back faster or not get injured so much.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I absolutely agree and have it count towards a teams salary cap.