TMFL Power Rankings Week 9

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Subkontraktor, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

All user games are completed, and I heard a rumor that we'll be advancing in a few hours...

Rank. Last Week's Rank. Team. (Record). (PvP Record) - Blurb

1 -- 2. Cowboys -(8-0 (6-0) - Survive the Madden gods and Niners to stay undefeated.
    2 -- 1. Bills - (8-0) (3-0) - *BYE*
    3 -- 4. Packers - (7-1) (4-1) - *BYE*
    4 -- 5. Broncos - (7-1) (3-1) - Win vs CPU Chargers
    5 -- 3. Vikings - (6-2) (2-1) - Run into upstart Rams, slip behind Pack in division.
    6 -- 6. Lions - (6-2) (5-2) - Win vs CPU Bears
    7 -- 7. 49ers - (5-3-1) (3-3) - Jumped out early, couldn't hold on against 'Boys.
    8 -- 12. Giants - (7-2) (2-2) - Another shootout win with a strong fourth quarter, Giants rolling.
    9 -- 14. Browns - (5-3) (2-3) - Big rebound divisional come from behind win against Ravens.
    10 -- 8. Ravens - (5-3) (2-3) - Come out of gate strong, succomb to bruising Browns.
    11 -- 9. Raiders - (6-2) (1-1) - Win vs CPU Bengals
    12 - 10. Chiefs - (6-2) (2-2) - Win vs CPU Panthers
    13 - 15. Rams - (4-3-1) (2-2) - Jump out early on Vikes, hold on to win and division hopes.
    14 - 17. Cardinals - (4-4) (2-4) - Shut down the unshutdownable Eagles in a must-win game.
    15 - 13. Falcons - (5-3) (1-3) - Run into hot Giants team to start tough PvP stretch.
    16 - 16. Dolphins - (5-3) (0-3) - *BYE*
    17 - 18. Seahawks- (2-7) (1-5) - Win vs CPU Saints

Big Movers:
    Browns + 5
    Giants + 4

*Edited with only current owners listed.

Week 9 PvP Results:
    NY Giants 51, Atlanta 38
    Cleveland 27, Baltimore 21
    Dallas 21, San Francisco 14
    St. Louis 27, Minnesota 24

Week 10 PvP Games:
    Miami (5-3) at Arizona (4-4)
    Atlanta (5-3) at Philadelphia (4-4)
    Green Bay (7-1) at Detroit (6-2)
    Oakland (6-2) at Denver (7-1) - MY GOTW**
    Buffalo (8-0) at Kansas City (6-2)

**There are 3 games (the last 3 above) that all qualify to be game of the week. Intra-conference Bills and Chiefs have the best combined record and this is the third year of the matchup, but there are also two huge division games (GB/Det and Oak/Den) that have only 1 more loss combined than the other game.

I'll give this one to Oak/Den because of JoHud's CPU loss. It'd be tied for the best combined record and also a big divisional rivalry if he would have just put away those Super-Patriots.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I have not heard from Betz but I plan on contacting him via XBL tonight to see whats up. I hope it was just a case of letting the emotions get the better of him but ya never know.

Excellent stuff as always @Subkontraktor - really looking forward to our game tonight - its been WEEKS since I've played a PvP - gonna have to shake the rust off.

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Have no sympathy living in the NFC West. The only 100% Pvp Division.

btw @rushers24, where are the Week 8 POTW?????

4. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Hold your horses Im doing them now, I feel behind a couple weeks. Just been busy.

5. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Thats more like it! I realize you need to spend like 15 hours a day labbing your new schemes to keep pounding all of us.

6. Keller

betz is officially kaput - he said hes done.

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Wow that's sad to lose a team like that, but we all have to make our own choices. Maybe when Madden 12 comes out he will be back.

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Nothing personally against him as I dont know him or have played him... But I typically dont enjoy being in dynasties/franchises with people who quit like that...

• Like Like x 1
  9. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Wow. My best rival has quit. Thats just fabulous. It was just a few weeks ago he really wanted to be on the podcast, and he was. I really thought he was a dedicated owner. But for him to just quit like that, mid season, during a game while leaving his opponent hanging... that's just wrong and just flat out shitty.

10. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Understandable, unfortunately let's hope you don't take the same stance when I have to leave for Basic Training and AIT for the US Army and I will have to drop from the league at that point until I am stationed and set where I am until I can come back.

11. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

LMAO! The Cards making owners quit mid game.

12. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

@kdpnutter

We will look forward to your return when you're gone. Life happens.

Clearly Betz's exit was a different case.

13. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Theres a difference between hey guys I have to leave in a couple months and all of a sudden deciding you're leaving in the middle of a PVP game. To me it sounds like Betz was a fair-weather kind of owner. The Eagles were dominant last season but this season the team has struggled a bit. Part of the fun of franchise mode is taking a terrible team and making it awesome and for that to happen you gotta be patient and stick it out through a few shitty seasons here and there.

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

exactly... @kdpnutter. If life has other commitments that doesn't allow you to play that is one thing. Rage-quitting because you are losing is another...

15. Keller

All valid points. I don't know if I would accept Betz back for 12 - he did express interest.

Lets not run his name in the mud or anything - he made his decision, he is his own man. We're adults here, lets let that be the end of it.

On a positive note, we may be picking up an owner for New Orleans.

16. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Very true words Keller. That would be great if we finally got another owner in the NFC South. I am shocked no one wants to take the Bucs. Young up and coming team with a lot of talent. I do appreciate the kind words tho that people said. When I saw the quickness of how everyone jumped at Betz made me think gees is this what it's gonna be like when I leave?

Also on a bad note with the power Rankings with the loss of the Eagles as a team did drop back to 9th for 8th in the old rankings lol just gotta keep plugging away at it but on a good note, I am leading the division for now so gotta keep plugging away hard for the rest of the season and hopefully can get in close to another season before I leave on May 9.

@Subkontraktor
    @Jmustang1968

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Its just even before here, I have been in a lot of leagues and dynasties and you get those guys who will do that... So I guess I am a bit jaded and lack much sympathy for one who bails after a few tough losses... But, like I said, I dont know him, I was just speaking on the principal of the matter...

18. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

NOOOOOOO! I was hoping they would be available when 12 drops.

19. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I can be a pretty decent rival for ya

20. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Yeah, thank god you joined otherwise I would have no one to in the NFC East. Me and Betz had some epic games, but I'm sure over time we have have some great games too.

21. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I hope my Raiders move up after there huge win over the Broncos!