TMFL Primer

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

1) Expect us to kick off the season Wednesday night (assuming the roster update comes out as expected)

2) We will immediately start free agency (its going to be nuts without the MLM Free Agency Module) Its expected to be rolled out at a later date so that will make our future free agency periods go much smoother. Stay tuned for details on how we will run our first, insane, free agency period. We'll have to run it through the forums so it will be a nightmare, organizationally. You've been warned, lol.

3) Keep an eye out for important salary cap info that will impact your free agency decisions. I have to make a ruling on the initial shaping of rosters - for example if you will be able to cut players for free etc right out of the gate. Another decision is how to handle salary cap penalties when cutting/trading players - again this is something that I will announce soon.

4) You will be seeing a link posted on Wednesday for joining the MyLeagueManager website. You will not be invited on the console until you have joined the league on MyLeagueManager. Familiarize yourself with the web pages and interface, its going to be a big part of what we do.

5) Read the TMFL Expectations again at the top of this page. Its very important you understand whats expected of you in this league.

6) Once you have joined the league on the console - DO NOT PLAY YOUR GAMES. When Free Agency starts winding down, we'll open things up and get on our normal Wednesday/Saturday advance schedule.

7) As of now, the settings we are going with are - All Pro 8 minutes 15 second runoff. Simplified Salary Cap system.

8) For some of you - this is our very first league experience together. Keep in mind that first impressions mean a great deal. Make good first impressions with everyone you interact with. If you don't, you will find I have very little patience for people who do not follow the rules and pay attention to whats going on in the league.

9) For the rest of you TMFL vets out there - WELCOME BACK ASSHOLES! - We're gonna ride this bitch till the wheels fall off.

10) Godspeed

• Like Like x 1
  2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Sounds good to me, I'm already signed up on MLM. Will we be given a unique url, or some other method to join the league once you create one?

3. Keller

It'll be unique to the new file we use for OF.

4. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I have no idea how free agency works on here. If you have A start time for free agency don't forget I am on the west coast.

5. Keller

It will all be explained - bid periods are generally 24 hours so you'll be fine.

6. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

IM going out of town Friday through Sunday this week so this could suck royally for me :)

7. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Also I may not be home tonight since I pulled my hammy and have had several offers of pampering.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Keller

UPDATE: Not looking good for getting things started tonight. I'll check when I get home but DAMNIT.

[​IMG]

9. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

update on twitter tomorrow am guys

10. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Is it really that hard EA? Holy shit you'd think EA was run by monkeys.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]