TMFL Refoucsed

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Black Republican, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Been awhile since a PSA, so here we go...

There has been a rash of rage going around lately and I think we should all step back and remember this is all for fun. While we're all handicapped to playing this game of faults; it's the community that brings it all together.

• Shit that kills fun : lobby play, this isn't a win by all means or BR or Donnie Moore is going to kill my first unborn. ITS VERY CLEAR BY NOW what shit is OP. If you're applying football strategies this is fine! If you're questioned or receive feedback on your play be receptive and be able to explain your football strategy. If you can't explain chances are you're abusing something.

• Shit that kills fun : Quitting, while it's outlined in the site and league rules, by no means think this is acceptable. We've had several members quit since the league started, some are known; others are not. Fact is the same "punishment" was dealt out. Which was empathy and 2nd chances given to all. From this point forward I can't see having the same stance. If you knowing/willingly quit a game you're sealing your fate in this league. If thing's are going on in your personal life I'd highly recommend to take 5, because Madden will prolly tip you over the edge.

• Shit that enhances fun : Content, Groupme talk and good ol shit talk... Let's get back to the basics here. I've noticed game summeries are looking thin, just looking for a paragraph to sum up your game. Add discussion to those who invest time in content. Let's get our recruting back up, if you have a brother... That lives with you, shares your xbox, play style, underwear and tubesocks ... Get him in the league!

• Stats
      It's not often NFL greats' records should fall. If they do fall it should be to a talent earned in a quality win or stout season/career. Drew Brees moving up the list, Jason Witten, Andre Johnson, AP etc... These guys we should all expect to see etched into the books.
      This isn't fantasy football when even in a loss you can "win" or rack up yardage in garbage time. You can play your players how you see fit, but if records fall and it's viewed as unsim you will receive a warning. If you need a gage there are plenty of sites you can view stats of rookies to 3rd year pros stacking up against the elite.

We have new faces in new places; league's full outside of the Jaguars which BA is on a commish exempt list.

https://traditionsportsonline.com/threads/tmfl-madden-15-team-assignments.111361/

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Black Republican

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Just a little something I noticed while working on some content leading up to the offseason. There are teams that are playing players out of position. For example playing LT at C, OLB at DE. If there's an injury situation and you need someone to fill in for a few weeks that one thing but it shouldn't be how you've comprised your roster for the season. We all know the game's logic does not penalize you for this so let's not take shortcuts.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Im guilty of this. I've had CB Corey Graham playing FS just because his speed has taken a big hit and is no longer viable at CB. I didn't want to completely move him to FS because of the massive hit in AWr guys take. Are there certain positions that are ok to swap or should we pretty much be changing their position if we want them to play there?

5. Black Republican

Some positions are ok which make sense. Most lineman can play most positions in the interim etc... But as Suge said this is for a brief hole in a roster. If you intend on a player playing a specific position he should be moved in the off season. I don't know of any damn 6'7" centers or 170lb strong safeties.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    My feeling and I believe BR feels the same way is that we should use position changes for these scenarios.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Yea if you look at my roster it's all screwed up. I guess when I quit Andy Reed changed some of my players positions to fit the 3-4. I'll fix it in the offseason

• Like Like x 2
  8. Black Republican

Forgot one thing ... Stats

It's not often NFL greats' records should fall. If they do fall it should be to a talent earned in a quality win or stout season/career. Drew Brees moving up the list, Jason Witten, Andre Johnson, AP etc... These guys we should all expect to see etched into the books.
    This isn't fantasy football when even in a loss you can "win" or rack up yardage in garbage time. You can play your players how you see fit, but if records fall and it's viewed as unsim you will receive a warning. If you need a gage there are plenty of sites you can view stats of rookies to 3rd year pros stacking up against the elite.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Ya, im not sure why we allow that, that is clearly manipulating the game and how the ratings work. Me though, if somebody wants to move a players position, they need to switch the positions regardless, but that is just me. You allow any gray areas, people will take advantage of it.

Even I switched Avril from RE to LE because that is what should happen. THen i switched my rookie from LE to RE and took a slight hit, thats what should happen if i plan to make him my perm RE.

What you said, only time there would be an out of place player would be due to injury situations, but many of these depth chart changes are not due to injuries.

Just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This is something to alert people that it needs to be corrected. We are definitely going to begin policing it but hope people can fix this themselves sooner rather than later.

11. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

hope so, i've seen people in the chat mention about moving DEs to DTs or OLBs to DEs or vice versa without changing positions to save them from the ratings hit almost every offseason, i just kept my mouth shut, but good time to express my opinion now since it was brought up.

Positions changes should be required if people plan to move players on the depth chart. a RE should be a RE, a LG should be an LG, etc.

12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I did not realize it was as prolific as it is. I've had some games where I was scratching my head trying to figure out how certain players made certain plays. Now I better understand. It posses me off to be honest. WE are better than this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

My only weird one is that I moved my FB to TE after I traded Cook early in the year and I put a reserve TE at FB...... Those changes will be made "official" once we hit offseason. I agree about the O-line stuff too, I moved players from G to C and took ratings hits, but it was the correct thing to do.

14. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Agree with above....

1) I thought it was mandatory to post position changes.

2) Having one FB and needing 3 TEs, to keep WR's from jumping in on goal line sets, I thing the FB backups should be the only exception.